FAIL! Woman out $400K to 'Nigerian scam'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAIL! Woman out $400K to 'Nigerian scam'

SWEET HOME, Ore. – Janella Spears doesn’t think she’s a sucker or an easy mark.

Besides her work as a registered nurse, Spears – no relation to the well-known pop star – also teaches CPR and is a reverend who has married many couples. She also communicates with lightning-fast sign language with her hearing-impaired husband.

So how did this otherwise lucid, intelligent woman end up sending nearly half a million dollars to a bunch of con artists running what has to be one of the best-known Internet scams in the world?
    Linky

It just hurts to read it...

Chasen, Jordan....you are free to issue harsh sarcastic remarks...
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

And here I thought she worked for the weather service and actually believed the forecasts.

Comment

"Intelligent."

Right......

Comment

related to Britney's clan?

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

This thread reminds me of http://www.419eater.com/ where people scam the scammer's & in one case I know of a guy got around $80 U.S FROM a Nigerian scammer lol.

Comment

There is a lot of variations of these type of scams.

Nigerian Conman Caught Doing The "Black Money" Scam
            http://www.TheCrimeShop.comThe Black Money ScamABC News 20/20 Featured a story tonight (Friday, March 9th 2007) about this Nigerian con called the "Black Mon...

Comment

It's bad enough to just be an idiot. But it's a whole lot worse to be a greedy idiot.

Comment

Wait a second... you mean Princess Whazzername from Ivory Coast isn't going to put $15M in my bank account?

There goes my retirement plans...

Comment

I can't believe people are still falling for these things.

Comment

I can't believe people still even read these emails nevermind reply to them with money

People will be falling for this fella next....

Comment

She believed too much in miracles.
                      Don't worry for her, some have taken over in Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso and Benin
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I have seen in my email, too. I click report spam all the time. Don't trust people in email asking for ATM lost data password, child loss parents will give you a million of dollars if child pass college after 19 years old, many things are trick you that's a bull of lie. People are crazy outside country or even in USA, too. Also be careful They know how to get bank logo from your real bank look alike internet email. They ask for account number and get a new free checking book or etc.. DON'T REPLY to them!! Call your bank first before suspicous. I had once I knew it was fake. I reported my email forward to my bank email for scam.

Stuart

PS- last year one young lady told me I got email I think I won lotto in email. I laughed I told her that's a FAKE! Don't reply to them. She said I didn't know that! Oh man! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                        X