New Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camera

Hi, I was going to get a new camera and have been looking at a few cameras. I was thinking about getting the Nikon D300 or the Canon Rebel, I'm not a professional photographer, though I would like a good quality SLR for a reasonable price. Since there are many photographers on this website, what would you pick.

Nehal

You should probably have asked this in the Photography Forum to get more responses. Maybe a mod can move this.

But to answer your question, if you're thinking about the Canon Rebel, I've owned two, the Rebel XT and the XSi. Both have worked just fine for me and I've always been pleased with the results. When I got the XSi, I put an indoor lens on the XT and now use it for non-aviation photography.

One thing, you'll need a decent lens because even an EOS-1D Mark II/III with a crappy lens will suffer. The "L" series are the best Canon lenses, but they're somewhat pricey, even more with IS.

The real questions you have to ask yourself, what do you need the camera to do and how much can you spend on it?

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
      The real questions you have to ask yourself, what do you need the camera to do and how much can you spend on it?
      Well I do have the money for the Nikon D300 with a few lenses and I would probably use it for all around use (indoor/outdoor), I also wanted to hear if you guys had any suggestions for a camera.

Thanks Nehal

Comment

Having used the D300 for nearly a year now i can honestly say that it rocks. The one word of advice is to make sure you get quality lenses for it. If you get cheap glass the sensor will show the weakness of those lenses.

With my D300 i am using a Sigma EX 120-300 f/2.8 along with the 1.4X and 2X teleconverters. Nikkor 18-135mm AF-S and 24-120 AF-S VR.
        Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
        http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Working...
        X