The Excellence of Nikon Rises Again - Canon Cries in Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Excellence of Nikon Rises Again - Canon Cries in Corner

A director creates a music video with 45,000 images from a D200.

Fat City Reprise - Long Gone from Cesar Kuriyama on Vimeo.

The D300 will be running for President in 2012.

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

So people with no life use Nikon while people who take photographs use Canon? Thanks for the reminder.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
      The D300 will be running for President in 2012.
      In other words we will have Obama in control for the next eight years.

-Chris

Comment

I'll take it that you haven't see the 5D Mark II movie then... Here it is incase you haven't seen it yet.
        Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by n777co View Post
          I'll take it that you haven't see the 5D Mark II movie

You are not comparing apples to apples there as the 5D has a video mode built into it. While the video Cam showed was made using 45,000 still images stitched together to form a moving video effect. Similar to the process that was used to create animated cartoons before the advent of computer generated animation. the producers of the first video surely had a lot of time to spend to create it. The only downside i see to the method that produced the first video is the fact that it took about 1/3 to 1/2 out of the shutter to capture the stills required.

To put that into perspective the most images i have ever shot at a single event was a motorcycle trackday, where i shot 4200 images in the morning. I took myself and 2 helpers the better part of the day to download and sort the images so that they could be displayed and sold to the participants of the trackday.
          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Thank you Jet-Fighters-net.

BTW, I knew my thread title would ruffle some feathers. That's what I do.

To put something like that together takes a load of work.
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Thanks for posting this info and attached video
              Today crying, but tomorrow, vigorously reacting
              The vid looks nice. till then, let's acknowledge the feature to be worth noting especially for putting together something for YouTube, either aircraft and travel related or not while financial means still prevent the simultaneous purshase of both a decent camera and a decent recorder.
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

How long before the shutter will have to be replaced?
                Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
                  How long before the shutter will have to be replaced?
                  Well Nikon rates the D200 shutter at around 125,000 images. I have a D100 that is rated at 50,000 images and i have close to 90,000 on that original shutter with no signs of issues.

So it is hard to say when a shutter will fail but when it does the repair bill can be quite from what i have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net View Post
                    Well Nikon rates the D200 shutter at around 125,000 images. I have a D100 that is rated at 50,000 images and i have close to 90,000 on that original shutter with no signs of issues.

So it is hard to say when a shutter will fail but when it does the repair bill can be quite from what i have heard.
                    50,000 seems kind of low to me. I've tried to find out what it is for the D50 and I've seen estimates ranging from 10,000 (yeah right) to around 100,000. I've heard (emphasis on heard) that the cost to replace a D50 shudder is around 200 bucks, which isn't too bad, but for a camera like that I can't see it being worth it in the long run.

Comment

Jordan i dont have a figure on shutter life on a D50 one thing to remember is the fact that i purchased the D100 back in 2003. I am sure that Nikon and Canon have beefed up the shutter designs now that the digital age is here to stay. Put 50000 images in film terms and that works out to nearly 1400 rolls of film at 36 exposures per roll. That works out to about $70,000 in film and developing, makes $200-$500 for a new shutter look cheap.

Comment

I've been the proud owner of a D90 for 3 days. It's a totally different animal than the D70 I used for 4 years. The D90's autofocus is faster, the shutter sounds like more of a click vs. a snap on the D70. I love the 3" LCD and the 4.5 frames per second makes it seem fast even indoors without a flash. I can't wait to get out and shoot some planes with it.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

So, who watched the 5D video close enough to see that the "car" GPS unit was actually a stack of 2 Garmin GNS 430s?

Comment

So, who watched the 5D video close enough to see that the "car" GPS unit was actually a stack of 2 Garmin GNS 430s?
                            Think you mind find that they were fitted to the helicopter he took off in a few frames later !!

Both very good videos but the Nikon one took a great deal more time and effort to produce. I'd say the same by the way if it had been the Canon used for the stills montage !

......but.....

.....of course....

Nikon do still rule
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Here, check this one out done with the Canon 20D back in 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X