X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh schools starting two hours late because of Superbowl

This is just stupid, plain and simple.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,137883

Wow.....I'm not even sure what to say about that. The level of stupidity and justification for basically saying "its ok to skip school" is mind blowing.

Comment

It's the "New Liberal America"

Get used to it.

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

What a complete non-issue. A big event is taking place for the city of Pittsburgh (and the millions of Steeler fanatics that go with it), and the superintendent wanted to let the kids watch it. It's two hours. Life will go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
          What a complete non-issue. A big event is taking place for the city of Pittsburgh (and the millions of Steeler fanatics that go with it), and the superintendent wanted to let the kids watch it. It's two hours. Life will go on.
          Agreed. We're too uptight in this country. Look at all the vacation time people get in other countries compared to what we get in the U.S. I may be mistaken, but isn't the World Cup considered a national holiday in most of Europe?

Comment

You're saying its ok to skip out on a responsibility? That's BS...these people have work and school the next day, have some accountability for yourself, get up, go to work and school. Besides its a waste of tax payer dollars, the teachers and staff get to sleep off a hang over and the schools will still receive their full federal funding for the day.

Oh answer me this...? What about the parents who will have to get up at their regular hour who weren't up late and go into their jobs? What do they do with their kids? I'm sure most big companies didn't send out a memo saying its ok for you to come in late. Now those people will have to take a hit in their paycheck for having to stay home until their kids go to school because some teacher is sleeping one off. The assumption that EVERYONE is going to be up late and drunk is pathetic.

The reality is this decision rewards laziness, irresponsibility and if you really want to stretch this, that excessive consumption of alcohol is OK. These are great messages we want to send to our kids.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
              You're saying its ok to skip out on a responsibility? That's BS...these people have work and school the next day, have some accountability for yourself, get up, go to work and school. Besides its a waste of tax payer dollars, the teachers and staff get to sleep off a hang over and the schools will still receive their full federal funding for the day.

Oh answer me this...? What about the parents who will have to get up at their regular hour who weren't up late and go into their jobs? What do they do with their kids? I'm sure most big companies didn't send out a memo saying its ok for you to come in late. Now those people will have to take a hit in their paycheck for having to stay home until their kids go to school because some teacher is sleeping one off. The assumption that EVERYONE is going to be up late and drunk is pathetic.

The reality is this decision rewards laziness, irresponsibility and if you really want to stretch this, that excessive consumption of alcohol is OK. These are great messages we want to send to our kids.
              Not everyone who watches the superbowl gets drunk off their ass. Some people just enjoy the game or hanging out with friends during the game.

Comment

Oh my goodness they are skipping 2 hours! Yep they are all going to become illiterate if not already since they missed 2 hours of school!

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                  Not everyone who watches the superbowl gets drunk off their ass. Some people just enjoy the game or hanging out with friends during the game.
                  The Superbowl was on last night???? I did not notice as i spent most of the day and evening in bed..........

with my girlfriend
                  Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                  http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                    It's the "New Liberal America"

Get used to it.

We have an even more fascist regime since the last election. I think this is setting a bad precedence. This is essentially teaching our children to have poor work ethics; it’s okay to stay up late and party and show up late. Our country is becoming bankrupt morally and ethically. Is it no wonder the jobs are leaving the United States in droves and the US and the world economy is suffering?

This reminds me of a case that students unplugged 59 buses so they wouldn’t start; understandably the school had to cancel the classes. What outrages me is fascist liberals defend the vandals saying that it was just a harmless “practical joke“. I think it shows what thoughtless shallow minded sociopaths that they are. They use dishonest melodramatic claims saying that the criminals shouldn’t be prosecuted for their felonies because it was just a “practical joke”.

A “practical joke” that does property damage, injury or financial burden on others is neither practical nor a joke. It shows that sociopaths like fascist liberals think it’s entertainment and acceptable to get their entertainment by victimizing others. It shows that they don’t have the ability to fully comprehend or have moral responsibility for consequences of their own actions.

Fascist liberals are good at feinting caring/empathy, but their actions prove that they are often apathetic to the point of being sociopath.

Fascist liberals sympathize more with the perpetrators than they do with the victims.

The school bus “practical joke” is likely to cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars; because the entire school district will have to make up a day. What about parents that had to take off from work because their children had an unscheduled day off that was not a true emergency? Who’s going to compensate the parents for lost income and possibly even lost jobs? Who’s going to compensate the parents that had to hire babysitters or day care?

Fascist liberals claim that these vandals shouldn’t be punished and shouldn’t be charged with a felony because it was just a “practical joke”. They claim it would ruin their lives.

I feel quite on the contrary; I feel that the students should be punished and should pay restitution. I think the students should be taught that there are consequences to their actions; I feel that letting them off scot free or too lightly would be teaching them to be sociopaths and that there would be little or no consequences to their actions. The students should be taught that there are consequences to their actions and they should feel some of the consequences of their own actions.
                    ------
                    It reminds me much of a mother that defended her kids after her kids carjacked a car and totaled the car and injured innocent victims in a car accident resulting in permanent injuries and disabilities to the victims. The mother exclaimed that her kids should bear no consequences because “they were just having a joyride“.

The victim that her kids stole the car from did not have full coverage or health insurance because he was a poor hard-working blue-collar. He lost his job and had to declare bankruptcy because he was victimized by these juvenile sociopaths. The car that these kids wrecked into had a working family; the parents suffered permanent disabilities which prevented them from working; making the family dependent on the government. The parents and the children had long-term pain from their injuries. Yet we are supposed to dismiss this as a trivial “joyride” with no real consequences.

If you don’t teach children how to be civilized and how to be moral and how to have empathy for others; than they will likely victimize others and in the end they are likely to end up in prison, debilitated and or dead themselves.

Comment

I used to cut school all the time in high school. I graduated, got into college, and I'm never late to work or class. Go figure.

Its called growing up, everyone does it. Who you were in school isn't necessarily who you'll be a few months after graduation. If I of all people could grow up, anyone can.

Besides, its the super bowl, it's an unofficial American Holiday. Seriously, we have Columbus day off, but not the Superbowl? Shenanigans!
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

In this thread; people who were never kids.

Comment

lighten up , Let kids be kids.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post

I am a firm believer in personal responsibility. This just isn't a case where personal responsibility is an issue. We are talking about two hours here. Life will go on.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash View Post
                              We have an even more fascist regime since the last election. I think this is setting a bad precedence. This is essentially teaching our children to have poor work ethics; it’s okay to stay up late and party and show up late. Our country is becoming bankrupt morally and ethically. Is it no wonder the jobs are leaving the United States in droves and the US and the world economy is suffering?

This reminds me of a case that students unplugged 59 buses so they wouldn’t start; understandably the school had to cancel the classes. What outrages me is fascist liberals defend the vandals saying that it was just a harmless “practical joke“. I think it shows what thoughtless shallow minded sociopaths that they are. They use dishonest melodramatic claims saying that the criminals shouldn’t be prosecuted for their felonies because it was just a “practical joke”.

A “practical joke” that does property damage, injury or financial burden on others is neither practical nor a joke. It shows that sociopaths like fascist liberals think it’s entertainment and acceptable to get their entertainment by victimizing others. It shows that they don’t have the ability to fully comprehend or have moral responsibility for consequences of their own actions.

Fascist liberals are good at feinting caring/empathy, but their actions prove that they are often apathetic to the point of being sociopath.

Fascist liberals sympathize more with the perpetrators than they do with the victims.

The school bus “practical joke” is likely to cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars; because the entire school district will have to make up a day. What about parents that had to take off from work because their children had an unscheduled day off that was not a true emergency? Who’s going to compensate the parents for lost income and possibly even lost jobs? Who’s going to compensate the parents that had to hire babysitters or day care?

Fascist liberals claim that these vandals shouldn’t be punished and shouldn’t be charged with a felony because it was just a “practical joke”. They claim it would ruin their lives.

I feel quite on the contrary; I feel that the students should be punished and should pay restitution. I think the students should be taught that there are consequences to their actions; I feel that letting them off scot free or too lightly would be teaching them to be sociopaths and that there would be little or no consequences to their actions. The students should be taught that there are consequences to their actions and they should feel some of the consequences of their own actions.
                              ------
                              It reminds me much of a mother that defended her kids after her kids carjacked a car and totaled the car and injured innocent victims in a car accident resulting in permanent injuries and disabilities to the victims. The mother exclaimed that her kids should bear no consequences because “they were just having a joyride“.

The victim that her kids stole the car from did not have full coverage or health insurance because he was a poor hard-working blue-collar. He lost his job and had to declare bankruptcy because he was victimized by these juvenile sociopaths. The car that these kids wrecked into had a working family; the parents suffered permanent disabilities which prevented them from working; making the family dependent on the government. The parents and the children had long-term pain from their injuries. Yet we are supposed to dismiss this as a trivial “joyride” with no real consequences.

If you don’t teach children how to be civilized and how to be moral and how to have empathy for others; than they will likely victimize others and in the end they are likely to end up in prison, debilitated and or dead themselves.
                              What can I say, shit happens when you party naked.

Comment

Working...
                              X