No announcement yet.

So What Did You Do For Valentines Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Did You Do For Valentines Day?

Just wondering what everyone else did. Also can't wait to hear the responses on how stupid of a "holiday" it is.

I am currently cooking a Gorgonzola Encrusted Rack of Lamb with Roasted Rosemary Yukon Potatoes along with a Roasted Portabella & Tomato salad. A salad with crumbled gorgonzola, blackberries, raspberries, tomato, and a homemade balsamic vinegrette is going to be the starter.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Originally posted by Tanner_J View Post
    I am currently cooking a Gorgonzola Encrusted Rack of Lamb with Roasted Rosemary Yukon Potatoes along with a Roasted Portabella & Tomato salad. A salad with crumbled gorgonzola, blackberries, raspberries, tomato, and a homemade balsamic vinegrette is going to be the starter.
    That sounds incredibly delicious.

As both of our partners are busy working this holiday, my cousin and I are having a Mayday marathon with our friend the Jagermeister.

Comment

Working afternoons, 14:00 to 22:00. Went to breakfast with a buddy as my wife was out this morning and his g/f is away.

Got "the lovely" a card as she did for me. We aren't big on this so called holiday.

Comment

Also can't wait to hear the responses on how stupid of a "holiday" it is.
        Valentines day is a stupid holiday, and a creation of liberal fascists who want to destroy America

I went flying with a friend to POU where we had lunch, then came back to HFD and I showed him how to do a teardrop and parallel hold entry since he's working on his instrument rating and wanted to learn how to do them. The nasty weather moved out so besides some wind and light turbulence it was nice.

Comment

Slummed around town here in EYW all by my lonesome......

Back to reality in YMM Tues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J View Post
            Just wondering what everyone else did. Also can't wait to hear the responses on how stupid of a "holiday" it is.

Can I drop by for leftovers????

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper View Post
              Can I drop by for leftovers????
              Yes! We have some left over! It was amazing, I was impressed other than the fact that I managed to blow my microwave up in the process when I wasn't using it.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Nothing. I hate the "Holiday". So I am going to watch a movie later, maybe 40 Year Old Virgin
                You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be View Post
                  Nothing. I hate the "Holiday". So I am going to watch a movie later, maybe 40 Year Old Virgin
                  Setting yourself a goal then huh?

Went out to breakfast then enjoyed time to myself while she was working, haha.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Stayed home and played with myself.
                    Last edited by JordanD; 2009-02-15, 17:25.

Comment

Agreed with the missus we were too old for Valentines Day so no cards, pressies or anything.

She got me a card - cow!!!

Andy

Comment

Had a pretty cool day planned for the girlfriend, she is totally into the day.

She works at a department store, so was going to stick a little love note, with a rose in her locker before she showed up to work, and then, since we have this little connection thing with Mickey mouse. I picked up some Mickey Mouse valentines that kids pass out at school to hide throughout her department she works in, with a rose each. Leave a dozen roses with a card in her car for her to find at lunch. After work would have been a dinner at her favorite place to eat, then movie and off to a hotel where she would have gotten a nice bubble bath with candles n roses all around, then finished off with a massage. Well not quite finished there, but that's were I'm stopping LOL.

But do to circumstances beyond my control, I ended up doing nothing and saving a boat load of money.
                        -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                        -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Really didn't do anything at all until the hockey game. Swept Mankato with a 4-3 win last night although LaPoint broke his leg in the first period.

Comment

Spent the majority of the weekend in bed with my girlfriend We did not exchange tacky gifts, cards and candy..

About the only thing i did get for Valentines day was a custom made teddy bear and a few poster sized aviation photos for my 7 year old daughter
                            Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                            http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Went here www.turpentinecreek.org

Stayed here http://www.turpentinecreek.org/treehouse.html

And she made an absolutely spectacular dinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X