Uploading/Attaching Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading/Attaching Photos

I'm having trouble with my mobile broadband while attaching photos to my webmail and uploading to sites such as JP. I locate the file, click upload and nothing happens. I've tried playing around with my firewall settings. I've tried using both IE and FF browsers. Files are JPEGs only between 200-500kb in size.

Then I tried the network I use at my parents' and it works fine every time. I've contacted my internet provider for help and even they can't work out the problem. They checked out my connection and all was good. I have no restrictions/blockages to any sites.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks and Regards

Whats the ISP Dale? I have just gone through some intensive work with mine to solve an issue. Took a month, but we covered all bases.

Is it Cable or ADSL?
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Check your PM's Scooby....

Here's what I'm seeing after clicking 'submit' when uploading a photo here..... And it just stays like that -

P.S. Just about managed to get the screenshot uploaded through Photobucket!....
      Last edited by G-DALE; 2009-03-04, 00:44. Reason: Added screenshot.

Comment

Got the PM. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Empire Total War got released and took over my life

Helping the parents move house today but I will do a bit of research for ya. I use Vodafone Mobile on my Laptop for the train and work etc. So hopefully I will be able to help.
        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Dale. Just thought. Have you gone over your monthly Bandwidth usage?

On Vodafone its 3GB?

And are you getting a 3G connection at the location your are uploading from? You sometimes find that if it cant find a 3G network it will go to Edge, and if it cant find Edge it will go to GPRS. the JP.net upload feature and your webmail will get hacked off cos its not uploading fast enough (will keep pausing) and just give up.

Dale, one more thing. Let me know the exact location that your using your Laptop from. Some areas have very poor coverage on the T-Mobile network. Can you also do me a favour. Go to this website http://www.speedtest.net/ wait for it to load, you will see a recommended yellow pyramid, click on it to begin the Bandwidth test, let it run without doing any other internet stuff. Then post the results, both the download speed and upload.

As a comparison I run a speedtest on my Mobile Broadband. I am getting 1522kb/s Down and 343kb/s up Which in fact is not all that bad Never tested it before. Will be interested in seeing your results.
          Last edited by Shaggy; 2009-03-05, 07:51.
          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Probably not relevant as you guys are talking about mobile access, but my desktop connection shows....

Download......4527 kb/s
            Upload..........358 kb/s
            Ping.............119 ms

My location is Tunbridge Wells, Kent and I'm about 2 miles away from my telephone exchange.
            Last edited by brianw999; 2009-03-05, 12:23. Reason: spelling
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post
              Dale. Just thought. Have you gone over your monthly Bandwidth usage?

On Vodafone its 3GB?
              Thanks for the reply Lee. I have unlimited use. I'm not currently at the location where I'm having trouble so when I get back later on I'll take the speed test and post the result.

Cheers

Comment

Can't seem to get hold of you on MSN Lee but my speed tests results are as follows:

Download - 385 kb/s (ouch!)
                Upload - 321 kb/s
                Ping - 138

I've left you my post code, which is half a mile from Manchester city centre.

Cheers

Comment

Ok well those speeds seem a little low. The upload is fine but the download is piss poor. My guess at this moment is that you are not using a 3G connection. Do you have a coloured light on your USB dongle? Most do. Solid Blue = 3G, Green = Edge, and Flashing Green = GPRS What I am thinking at the moment is that JP.net is getting pissed off with not being able to hold a solid conversation with your Laptop at those speeds, cos it will certainely need the download speed as well. I shall do some more digging

A little research shows that people are having trouble with T-Mobile mobile broadband, but nothing significant. What I mean by that is that if you do the same search for Vodafone or 02 you get the same kind of complaints.

What browser are you using Dale? Firefox or Ie? or something else?

Sorry for the late replies and lack of MSN. Yesterday and today I was/will be moving my mum's house (not literally)

Last night I left my PC on as I was doing a 20Gig download :P

Off out now and wont be back till late. But have the iphone and will check if I can

Just checked your coverage for your postcode as well. It shows 5 Bars for 2G and 4 for 3G. Can you confirm what your signal is showing?

What package have you subscribed to?

This is there best:

* HSDPA (or High Speed Downlink Packet Access if you're really interested!) is 3's high speed network, which provides internet access at broadband speeds on your mobile phone or USB Modem.
                  Last edited by Shaggy; 2009-03-06, 07:44.
                  Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Lee,

I understand now - Basically my connection could do with abit more 'horsepower!' haha.

Whenever I'm connected I have a solid blue light on the stick.

Most of the time I use Firefox, but I have also tried uploading/attaching pics with Internet Explorer and got the same negative result.

Most of the time the signal is showing four, infact mostly five bars.

I'm on the 18 month unlimited download contract

How much is HSDPA?

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE View Post
                      Lee,

I understand now - Basically my connection could do with abit more 'horsepower!' haha.

Whenever I'm connected I have a solid blue light on the stick.

Most of the time I use Firefox, but I have also tried uploading/attaching pics with Internet Explorer and got the same negative result.

Most of the time the signal is showing four, infact mostly five bars.

I'm on the 18 month unlimited download contract

How much is HSDPA?
                      I am assuming that you are subscribing to HSDPA (have a look at your contract)

Im still stumped ATM.

When you say its fine at your mums, is that using their network or your laptop with the Mobile Boradband?
                      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        Probably not relevant as you guys are talking about mobile access, but my desktop connection shows....

Download......4527 kb/s
                        Upload..........358 kb/s
                        Ping.............119 ms

My location is Tunbridge Wells, Kent and I'm about 2 miles away from my telephone exchange.

Thats very good for 2 miles away Brian.

BT will start releasing their 24Mbit service soon. I think my exchange is down for September.

I am actually on the 24Mbit network with my ISP. 1. Because it cured a problem with my connection speed (i was having major issues) and 2. Because they are using me as a Guinea Pig, so I have completely uncapped download ATM, no fair usage policy, no throttling

I think I have downloaded 150Gig in 2 weeks :P

This is what I am getting:

5966 Down
                        708 up

It's actually not a completely ture reflection as when I use Giganews I am downloading at a steady 720kbps which would match what my Router is telling me I am connecting at which is 7.6MB

I am (as the crow flies) 3/4 mile away from Exchange
                        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

These are my results from Speedtest.net:

NB. I pay £15/month for a 4mb connection......

Download: 4336kb/s
                          Upload: 3816kb/s
                          Ping: 10ms

I like my ISP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post
                            I am assuming that you are subscribing to HSDPA (have a look at your contract)

Im still stumped ATM.

When you say its fine at your mums, is that using their network or your laptop with the Mobile Boradband?
                            I don't use the T-Mobile stick when up at the parents' the signal is b@llocks (one/two bars max). I'm connect to their BT home hub network which goes like sh!t off a shovel.

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                            These are my results from Speedtest.net:

NB. I pay £15/month for a 4mb connection......

Download: 4336kb/s
                            Upload: 3816kb/s
                            Ping: 10ms

I like my ISP!!!
                            Biatch why didn't you recommend me that package instead?

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE View Post

Biatch why didn't you recommend me that package instead?
                              'Cos Biatch, you don't live in my apartment block with its integrated ethernet!

Comment

Working...
                              X