Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to "banned" JP.net members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to "banned" JP.net members?

Hello,

Forgive me if this is wrong place to post this, but in my 1.5 years posting in JP.net forums, I have seen several members get "banned" and then come back a few weeks later. I'm just curious, what circumstances causes someone to get banned and generally for what duration.

Regards,

Rohan

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
    Hello,

Forgive me if this is wrong place to post this, but in my 1.5 years posting in JP.net forums, I have seen several members get "banned" and then come back a few weeks later. I'm just curious, what circumstances causes someone to get banned and generally for what duration.

Regards,

Rohan
    I'm sure it's for being a knucklehead in general. After several weeks at Gitmo, the culprits treat the mods to several weeks of happy hr. and then make thier decisions.. Thats what i'm thinking anyway.

Comment

The waiting time for lobotomy operations is the key.
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by scottkin View Post
        I'm sure it's for being a knucklehead in general. After several weeks at Gitmo, the culprits treat the mods to several weeks of happy hr. and then make thier decisions.. Thats what i'm thinking anyway.
        Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
        The waiting time for lobotomy operations is the key.
        Hello,

Thank you both for the responses. I agree that most JP.net members get banned for being knuckleheads, but I still am curious as to how long they get banned for because I have seen several members get banned and then come back a few weeks later and several others have been banned for a few months.

Rohan

Comment

Telling someone to shut the f-- up and then proceeding to call them all manner of dirty things did it for me for about a month

Comment

Allowing yourself to get wound up and strung out by the JP.net members (self inflicted), replying to them with a foul mouthed prolonged tirades of F words, will get you a life time ban. And all that over a car.

BTW, it wasn't me who got banned!
            Last edited by turbotraker; 2009-03-16, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
              Telling someone to shut the f-- up and then proceeding to call them all manner of dirty things did it for me for about a month
              Thank you for the response, wow I'm surprised that doing that got you banned for a month!

Originally posted by turbotraker View Post
              Allowing yourself to get wound up and strung out by the JP.net members (self inflicted), replying to them with a foul mouthed prolonged tirades of F words, will get you a life time ban. And all that over a car.

BTW, it wasn't me who got banned!
              That's really funny, someone got a lifetime ban fighting over a car. Then again, we have seen some really innocent looking topics get people really heated up.

Rohan

Comment

Having too much fun.

Comment

And all that over a car.
                  Not just any car, it's an imaginary car!

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206 View Post
                    Not just any car, it's an imaginary car!
                    A whole string of them. A very, very fast moving string of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
                      A whole string of them. A very, very fast moving string of them.
                      You mean very fast until they slam into a parked car at 12:30 at night in the rain while the driver talks on his phone.

Comment

Ahhhh those were the days, wonder what he is up to now?

Comment

Ahhhh those were the days, wonder what he is up to now?
                          Probably nothing that amounts to much sadly.

Comment

apparently they're banning people just for the hell of it now too.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu View Post
                              apparently they're banning people just for the hell of it now too.
                              Would you care to elaborate on that statement ?

Bans don't get handed around just for the hell of it. There is always a good reason.
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X