X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'ma Gawn Get Fit

Yes you heard it right.

Its been long overdue.

I gave up the Ebil Weed (Ciggi's) almost 2 weeks ago. Apart from dying for a Fag *No stupid Yankee comments pls * every once in a while I feel great.

I can now smell properly, taste properly, breath a full breath of air etc etc.

Problem is, like a lot of ex smokers, I have compensated somewhat with food The good part is, i have compensated against the eating with Cycling.

I never thought I would like cycling. I cant stop. I borrowed my mates Mountain Bike and go out at least twice a day, slowly building up the distances.

Now for the bad news.... My mate wants his bike back

Now for the good news.... I'm 2K poorer http://www.scott-sports.com/gb_en/pr...16080/spark_35

I could not resist. Full carbon with rear suspension = great for my back
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Respek man! Well done.

Fell off my chair on reading about the bike though! 2,000 quid for a bicycle?! Ouch!
    For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post
      Apart from dying for a Fag *No stupid Yankee comments pls *
      Party pooper. This is jetphotos.

Oh wait....

Comment

Good to hear you are resisting the urge to to suck from them fags. (I'm not a Yankee)

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Yeah, regarding the bike its a lot of money. That said i am saving £30 a week on ciggi's and a further £30 on Petrol as I am tending to cycle up the shops. When I start my car up it drinks a huge amount in the first 5 mins.

I get fit as well as having fun. Cool

Thumbs Up For Champix
          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Did you do it cold turkey? Or, are you using a patch, or gum?
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I am using tablets. Champix.. they are excellent.
              Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of a Wii Fit board, Wii Fit will NOT make you lose weight but it does enable you to monitor your weight and motivate yourself to do some proper excercise. Bought my Wii Fit in December and within three months I have lost all the weight I gained since splitting with the ex-wife two and a half years ago.

A combination of cycling (around 100 miles a month), healthy eating and doing the jogging exercise on the Wii Fit have helped me lose 32 pounds in 3 months (thats over two stone or 15 kilos). The exercises on Wii Fit are fun but in reality it is only the jogging that provides enough exercise to make any difference, I usually do 30 mins at a time.

Hope this helps motivate you mate!

Matt
                My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Nice one Matt. I cant get enough of the bike to be honest. Doing little stints. 4-5 miles a day.

today was the first ride where my quads are not so sore, so thats progress

Bike below.

Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Beauty! Looks like 2k well spent!
                    For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

Comment

Nice pair of wheels Shaggy, mine are more mundane but at least I have the advantage of living in Portsmouth which is extremely flat, sadly it means I am stuck with cycling on fairly busy roads and its only on the seafront promenade where I can get any consistent speed.

In December I was doing 5 miles in around 27-28 minutes but I'm now down to 21-22 mins!

Matt
                      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

I done 8.44miles today uphill half the way down hill for 1 mile and flat for the rest, had a 15mph wind in my face.

56 mins.

Furthest i have been. It hurt
                        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

*edit*

That said, after a bath with my new mate Radox Muscle Soak this morning I dont hurt at all

I have been looking foward to this day for a long while I can actually go out and enjoy myself now

Gonna be loading up the bikes in the car soon and taking them to Gatwick for those hard to reach places

I would also like to add that riding a Carbon Fibre Bike in the Wind is not fun
                          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

PAhhhh you bought a Scott!!

I'd have gone straight for a Commencial Meta 5.5 or a Santa Cruz Bullit!

Good to hear you've kicked the habit though, my step dad did that and he's healthier than ever, unfortunatley my mum still can't kick the 60 a day habit she has. Grrrrr

I do need to get back into Cycling i think, i had a Scott Kokomo about 10 years back that got chopped and changed into a jump bike which got sold, i now just have my 24-7 Dark Angel and my ols school Azonic DS-1! Neither of which are good for distance riding.

Where do you cycle Shaggs? There are some great trails on the south downs and around that part of the world!
                            Chris Sharps
                            5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                            17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                            24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                            1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

At the moment I am just cycling on the road and along the Sea Wall near me which is a track. Not done any off road yet although I want to. the plan was to build up my fitness on the road first before I attempt to go off road.

Glad your into Chris as I will hound you for info.

Are there any sites that show the routes along the downs? For info I am in Rainham.
                              Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Working...
                              X