Conficker Worm on the loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conficker Worm on the loose

This worm isn't something to joke about, whoever created it means business. Hopefully they figure out who's behind all this before it strike again.

Source: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/128...-come-april-1/

As the article states, if you want to avoid misery, make sure everything's patched up and your anti-virus running well. Also make sure your common software programs like Adobe Reader, Shockwave, Flash Player etc are updated to their latest available versions. Last year I had a virus that infected my computer (not this, something else), and I eventually had the entire OS re-installed. Lucky for me the university's own IT department did it for free, and later on I took it to a computer repair shop to get some drivers re-installed. The guy there told me to keep those particular software programs up-to-date as such viruses can also come into your computer through any out-of-date programs.

You could be cool and buy an Apple and not worry about it!
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Or use Linux for free.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Tanner_J View Post
        You could be cool and buy an Apple and not worry about it!
        True, don't have the money for a new desktop or laptop right now though :-p. I think that's what my next laptop will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
          This worm isn't something to joke about, whoever created it means business. Hopefully they figure out who's behind all this before it strike again.

Source: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/128...-come-april-1/

As the article states, if you want to avoid misery, make sure everything's patched up and your anti-virus running well. Also make sure your common software programs like Adobe Reader, Shockwave, Flash Player etc are updated to their latest available versions. Last year I had a virus that infected my computer (not this, something else), and I eventually had the entire OS re-installed. Lucky for me the university's own IT department did it for free, and later on I took it to a computer repair shop to get some drivers re-installed. The guy there told me to keep those particular software programs up-to-date as such viruses can also come into your computer through any out-of-date programs.
          Wow, this seems like a really dangerous virus. It's especially important to try and keep those programs up to date. Thankfully, I haven't ever gotten something that serious like you had.

Rohan

Comment

Working...
          X