How do you type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you type?

I am taking word processing, and our teacher refuses to let us type OUR way. We are being forced to use the 'home keys' and learn how to use wordwrap (which is not hitting the enter key at the end of a line...)

So do you type by poking each key, or do you use the home row thing, where you're fingers rest on asdf jkl; ?
    [/i]

This topic does not belong here. It should be in the "Off Topic" forum.

If you wanted to type your own way, why bother taking the class in the first place? Using the proper technique will become second nature after a short period of time and is so much faster once you learn.

Comment

I have no clue what the home row thing is, nor what word wrap is.

Personally, I just look at the keyboard and type as fast and accurately as anyone else. :P
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I type with two fingers. Almost 40 wpm!

Comment

I hit 60+ typing the "correct" way. Just learn it.

Comment

I still use all my fingers to type. But I look at the keyboard and type.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

I type my own way. I've known from past typing classes and enough experience with the computer to type with both hands and with all fingers, all without the use of using the 'home keys' asdf and jkl;. To sum it up, I just use my own way of typing that suits me the best

Comment

I type with all fingers but have to watch what I am typing. If the teacher is making you use the home row, DO IT!. You will be thanking them years from now when you can type properly.

40 to 60 words a minute sounds good, but when you get 100+ and do it right you can get better jobs.

Comment

my fingers are at the asdf __ jkl; i typ with 55 word per minute (if its dutch)
                  My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

My typing is a mix. I like home row but I type weird. 60-75 wpm (not to brag)
                    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

My typing has evolved rather strange. I started to peck at the board at an early age. I did ok and then they tried to teach me the "home row" stuff. Well, I kinda blew that off, but I walked away with a little of the homerow style in me.

So, I type in my own way, using 6 fingers. pointer, middle and the other finger no one ever talks bout. My pinky never touches the board. And my thumb only touches the spacebar. Like anyone else I guess. well, thats how I type!

DeltaASA16

Comment

Just curious why this topic "fits" in digital photo processing?

Comment

huh? this isn't in the digital photo processing!
                          My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

???

Anyway,

So, I type in my own way, using 6 fingers. pointer, middle and the other finger no one ever talks bout. My pinky never touches the board. And my thumb only touches the spacebar. Like anyone else I guess. well, thats how I type!
                            I type exactly the same way. Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                            X