Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninsured Driver.

Hey,

Ive just put a £100 Deposit down on a Ford Focus 56 plate 1.6 litre (automatic), Im 17 and i dont currently have a license (Doing a week intesive driving course for autos next month), However im wondering can i buy the car, And leave it parked on the street outside my house ? Considering im not insured ? or does the car have to be insured to be left on a public road ? Its taxed for 6 months, and Im getting it delivered (Driven to my house) when my dad signs the finance deal as im to young

Anyhelp would be muchly appreatiated.

Thanks guys

Michael.

If your Dad is signing the finance deal he should be putting insurance on the vehicle.

I can only tell you about Ontario and here you have to have insurance on your vehicle. It can sit in your yard with no insurance but not on a public street. Now if you want to park it on the street for 6 months either your neighbours or the city will be a bit pissed with it sitting there.

Comment

In the U.S you can't have car on the street without insurance, plus you can't get it registered without insurance. So you'll have a car on the street without insurance or a registration, I'd stay away from that.

Comment

Not a Policeman so don't take my word for it, but over here im pretty sure it's fine to be parked up - If your house is next to a busy road then I'm not to sure. If you get caught driving without it then you'll get it seized and probably lose your license.

Try going into your local Police Station and asking though, better safe than sorry.
        Last edited by RingwaySam; 2009-05-17, 03:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomsonfly757RB211 View Post
          Hey,

Ive just put a £100 Deposit down on a Ford Focus 56 plate 1.6 litre (automatic), Im 17 and i dont currently have a license (Doing a week intesive driving course for autos next month), However im wondering can i buy the car, And leave it parked on the street outside my house ? Considering im not insured ? or does the car have to be insured to be left on a public road ? Its taxed for 6 months, and Im getting it delivered (Driven to my house) when my dad signs the finance deal as im to young

Anyhelp would be muchly appreatiated.

Thanks guys

Michael.
          It does depend per country. In NL you can not have an uninsured car on the public road. This includes having it parked on public parking areas. Even if it is a public parking area on private grounds (e.g. the parking lot owned by your local supermarket) If you park it on your own private driveway or in your own private garage then there won't be a problem.
          Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

In the UK it's fine for it to be parked outside your house on the street. The 'bogie men' are mainly keen on catching people actually driving around without insurance. Good job there's still tax on it too.

Just make sure you don't drive it though until it's insured!

Comment

Working...
            X