Sick news story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick news story

HAZLET, N.J. -- A group that rescues Siberian huskies made a gruesome discovery while removing dogs from a home on Saturday: They stumbled upon a room full of dead cats.

At least 30 felines were found in various stages of decomposition, said Stuart Goldman, chief cruelty officer with the Monmouth County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"Nobody had any clue there were cats in there," Goldman said.

Beverly Hart, 63, will face animal cruelty charges as a result of the discovery, Goldman said. Hart voluntarily went to Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank for evaluation, and the SPCA plans to go to court to prevent her from handling animals again.

"At this point, you don't want to beat her up," Goldman said. "We want to put an end to this and prevent it from happening again, and that's why you go to court on these matters."

He said some of Hart's huskies killed a dog and cat owned by neighbors. The woman, a known breeder of Siberian huskies, pleaded guilty in municipal court to failing to provide proper shelter for the dogs.

As part of the plea, Goldman said, the judge gave Hart two weeks to find homes for the animals. She was permitted to keep a maximum of four pets under the deal.

The Husky House of Bridgewater and Mapaw Husky rescue began removing dogs from the home Thursday, Goldman said. The dogs continued to be removed Saturday because rescuers found some 27 canines, at least 10 more than they thought lived in the house.

One rescuer checking the second floor for additional huskies found the cats and notified police.

Melanie Wang of the SPCA said she had never seen anything like the room where the cats were found.

"Upon opening the door, I've just never seen anything like it," Wang said. "Ankle deep, knee deep in places, cat feces in litter boxes, dead cats all over, some with their tails just, tails of cats just lying round. Filth, the stench, the hair, the rat feces all over."

Goldman said Sunday he did not know what killed the cats, but he was sure it was not the dogs.

Dogs of various ages were found inside the house, including puppies and three pregnant females. New homes are being sought for them.

The board of health is investigating living conditions at the home.

There should be more severe punishments to those who violate the animal's rights ....
    Click & Help

ONE

Comment

that ladie is such a loser. if i under stood the story right it almost sounds that the ladie preffered dogs over cats and killed the cats. crazy laidie. how point less is it to kill a cat
      frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

How hypocritical can a person be?!?! I always kinda feel mixed up when I read posts like this. Everyone will condemn what the woman did. Oh no, the poor cats! They died! Someone killed them, and they deserve to live! Mwa...mwa mwa.....

And yet the same people who cry over this go home to enjoy a nice pork chop and meatloaf, with some chicken tenders on the side. What's up with that? People also say an animal is an animal. So it's OK to eat one kind of animal and not the other? I've also noticed that several 'laws' that apply to dogs and the like are similar to human laws. EX, you can't "murder" a dog. But murdering a sheep or pig is OK? Wtf? both were born from a mother, both have an active brain, and both have senses...both are full animals. The mere thought that someone can kiss and pat a stupid dog or cat, and return to their table for a steak disgusts me...

And do dogs taste bad? how about cats?

Bring on the flame.

Comment

It's disgusting but it is better than discovering a bunch of dead people.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
            How hypocritical can a person be?!?! I always kinda feel mixed up when I read posts like this. Everyone will condemn what the woman did. Oh no, the poor cats! They died! Someone killed them, and they deserve to live! Mwa...mwa mwa.....

And yet the same people who cry over this go home to enjoy a nice pork chop and meatloaf, with some chicken tenders on the side. What's up with that? People also say an animal is an animal. So it's OK to eat one kind of animal and not the other? I've also noticed that several 'laws' that apply to dogs and the like are similar to human laws. EX, you can't "murder" a dog. But murdering a sheep or pig is OK? Wtf? both were born from a mother, both have an active brain, and both have senses...both are full animals. The mere thought that someone can kiss and pat a stupid dog or cat, and return to their table for a steak disgusts me...

And do dogs taste bad? how about cats?

Bring on the flame.
            um ok there a few things wrong with what your saying. the laidie didnt have a good reson to kill the cats. when they slotter sheeps and stuff they do it cause it makes money. would you rather kiss a cat or a cow, you pick. also dude, other animals eating animals is part of the food chain. its perfectly normal for humumans to eat other animals because we are part of the food chain, humans are aninmals. the ladie wasnt going to eat the cats. and nobody couldnt eat all those cats any way. i luv my cat and i eat steak. but i have had a relation ship with my cat that cows cant have with you. i never personally new any of the beef i was eating. and its also totaly cool to be a vegitairan if thats what you belive. (yeah i know my spelling sucks ass but i typed this wicked quick)

Comment

But aren't we, as humans, capable of knowing better? We are, like it or not, the most inteligent animal. WE have a stronger brain than the cow, and we should separate right fom wrong. The lionkills it's food because it doesn't know how to farm. Same with the tiger, and all other animals. But we are smarter. We don't have to take a life to be fed; it's more or less our own vice. People don't NEED meat to survive, they can live with out it. Please don't give me the whole the human tooth is designed for a carnivore load, since I've heard it. And we have the special relationships with cats and dogs because we don't eat them. If we didn't eat cows, we'd have "relationships" with them too. So its our own little indulgence as humans. We CAN live without it; but we do it anyway.

Also, believe it or not, money is NOT the most important thing in life. It is EXREMELY important, but there are things larger than any bank acct, or dollars processed.

Comment

you have a good point but its all your opionon and i have my opinon to, and i dont think money is the most important thing in the world i was just saying that some people do and that why THEY slotter animals, any way iv heard that your only 15 so you wouldnt know what its like to NEED money for a house or anything. also i still dont think cows would make good house pets

Comment

First up, I AM a non vegetarian.

The thing is, we are rather hypocritical when we say that it's ok to kill one innocent animal but not another. It is this nitpickiness that adds to our hypocrisy. When a chicken/cow/pig/goat is killed, we have just killed an animal for no well warranted reason (yeah, i know u killed it coz u wanted to eat it, but that's hardly a reason). It's not like you had to kill it, or that you had to eat it. But you did it coz you wanted to. And we being humans, the highest class of species, are generally free to do what we "want" to to any other part of nature. I mean, think about it, how is killing a cat, who did nothing to you, and different from killing a chicken, who did nothing to you?
                  It's something like this:

"Hey chicken, get over here so I can kill ya and eat ya."

"But mister, why don't u kill the cat?"

"Coz I like the cat to cuddle with, and I like you to eat! Hahaha!!! Sucks for you, chicken!"

"Chop"

"Mary, grill up this chicken!"

"Right'o, hon. Come here you little pussy-wussy, and have this nice milk that I have here for you."

It all sounds a bit warped to me.

But I eat meat nevertheless. I have no shame.

Tanuj.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

but uv gotta admit that ladie is kinda messed up

Comment

That woman was missing a few bolts...

Comment

Originally posted by Santijet
                        There should be more severe punishments to those who violate the animal's rights ....
                        The only right an animal has is the right to present itself on my plate looking all tasty and juicy!
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...mbodia_dogs_dc

Want to move to Cambodia Richter?

Comment

Working...
                          X