Gov Sarah Palin resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov Sarah Palin resigns

Without reason Gov. Sarah Palin has resigned as Gov of Alaska.

Gov. Sarah Palin announced Friday that she will step down as Alaska's chief executive by the end of the month. She will not seek election to a second gubernatorial term in 2010.

Without reason ?

Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the 2012 Presidential Race.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Fan View Post
      Without reason ?

Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the 2012 Presidential Race.
      Nope. Her term ends in 2010. If she wanted the big cheese, she would have finished her term. Think about it, what kind of message does it send that once she has her eyes on a different prize, she drops out of her current obligations? She's pissed off quite a few Alaskans by doing this.

I smell a scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
        I smell a scandal.
        I thought exactly the same. What happened to the accusations of abuse of power and that police officer she had fired because he was divorcing.. her cousin or something? Whatever happened to that? Besides, wouldnt being a governor be a much more favourable position to launch a campaign from than being.. well basically just an ex-governor?

Comment

.....and I'm not suggesting that running is her intention. What do I know?

But the media sure jumped right to it. Scandal, maybe, Tired of the BS, maybe ( I would be), Running, maybe, or just setting up to be a voice of her party.

Like her or not, you can't say she's not a lightening rod.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Fan View Post
            Tired of the BS, maybe ( I would be)...
            This is what most people think the reason is, including some of her relatives.

When you're now $500,000 in debt because you have to fight off endless ethic complaints (of which every single one you've been exonerated), and yet Democrats keep filing more and more, you'd have to be a masochist to want to keep dealing with it day in and day out.

This is one of the best examples ever of the "politics of personal destruction" (to coin a Bill Clinton phrase), and it was conducted by the Democrats and their allies in the State Run Media™.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesin View Post
              I thought exactly the same. What happened to the accusations of abuse of power and that police officer she had fired because he was divorcing.. her cousin or something? Whatever happened to that?
              Actually, she didn't fire the cop. She was accused of firing the Public Safety Director because he wouldn't fire the cop, but according to state law, that position serves at the pleasure of the Governor and can be dismissed at anytime without cause or justification. (Same with U.S. Attorneys, the President can fire them @ will.) Once the endless hearing were complete, they found she did not violate any state laws.

Comment

She's setting herself up to run for a higher office-- either a congressional seat or Pres.

She's got the book thing going and she'll want to generate positive press for herself. Plus I'm sure she doesn't want any more office related issues + clear up any issues she already has. So, Book + tour + speaking around the country + image clean up.

People will start announcing 2012 pres. run in late 2010 or early 2011 to build up a war chest. She needs all the coaching she can get.

I predict Palin 2012 - EPIC Fail 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by UncleFire View Post
                  I predict Palin 2012 - EPIC Fail 2.0
                  She won't win the Republican Primary, and I'm saying this as a life long Republican.

Comment

Whoever called her reasonable? She's just being her mavericky self.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                      Actually, she didn't fire the cop. She was accused of firing the Public Safety Director because he wouldn't fire the cop, but according to state law, that position serves at the pleasure of the Governor and can be dismissed at anytime without cause or justification. (Same with U.S. Attorneys, the President can fire them @ will.) Once the endless hearing were complete, they found she did not violate any state laws.
                      There is a difference between not breaking the law and showing good judgement though.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

She probably had to wait 3 months for the sun to come out to resign.Good ole Alaskan summers
                        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

The WSJ reports "Growing Criticism at Home Took Toll on Palin". Well, golly gee whiz, Mr Whizzard...if she cain't staind the heat in the kitchen...(add your own persnickety comment here).

I mean really, if she dosen't have the chutzpah to stand up to this, what would she have done in a much higher, visible, and more criticized office? I mean no inference to her as a person (she seems pretty nice), and to her as a woman (she seems pretty nice!!!), but as a politician...you gotta have the stuff to stomach some of the scheiße they shovel your way.

(comments here do in no way reflect upon the managements views. These are mine and mine alone...)

Comment

Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
                            (comments here do in no way reflect upon the managements views. These are mine and mine alone...)
                            But a damn huge fun to read!!
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                              She won't win the Republican Primary, and I'm saying this as a life long Republican.
                              That's why I had the EPIC Fail 2.0 in there. I get the impression that SHE thinks she's smarter/more competent than really is.

Comment

Working...
                              X