Hockey 03-04 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey 03-04 season

Any body a big hockey fan like me? Who's your home team?

I'm a big hockey fan, I play too. Sharks all the way
    http://www.super-charged.com

Comment

My old home town and it's hockey team: The Edmonton Oilers. Man were we spoiled in the 1980's with Gretzky and co.

Comment

This year is the year they should finally make the playoffs. Bob Hartley turned the team around for the second half of last season, and the team finished only 9 points out of a playoff spot. After last season's awful start (0-8-1-1 in their first 10 games) and the firing of Curt Fraiser on 12/26 as a result of the team's poor performance to that point, this year is GM Don Waddell's make or break season. If the Thrashers fail to make the playoffs, he's gone, as he is the only person left to blame for the teams troubles. With this being Hartley's first training camp with the team, he'll be able to better put together a better squad (as he had to adjust the team on the fly as he came in mid-season, and resulted in a lot of call-ups and demotions of minor league players). The Thrashers also have a new ECHL affliate in the Gwinnett Gladiators (who'll play their games right by the Thrashers' training facility in Duluth), so fans will have a chance to see some of the team's young prospects before they make the team (I'll probably drive out there to see a few games myself). I'm going to try to go to a few training camp sessions like I did last year, it's actually a pretty interesting thing to watch. Plus you actually can see your favorite players up close, and maybe even get an autograph or two.

Comment

AIRIGAMI.NET
          http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

I've been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan all my life.
            We have a motto, "theres always next season"

Comment

Being from Toronto I'm a big Leafs fan who's a little worried about this coming season! We should have a decent team this year, but we need some defence badly! I'll be hoping Ferguson Jr. will be able to make some more deals to get some defence in Toronto. Good start getting Joe Nieuwendyk, but where's the D???

Comment

Originally posted by C-GEPA
                I've been a Toronto Maple Leafs fan all my life.
                We have a motto, "theres always next season"
                Leafs fans have been using that motto since 1967, it's about time we win the cup! Unfortunately I think as long as the teacher's pension fund and current Leaf management is involved with the team, we may be using that motto for another 30 or so years

Comment

Hell yea, big hockey fan here. I also play (only intermurals now), but I used to play pretty competitive Juniors hockey when I lived in Germany. I'm a goalie But here are my favorite teams.

University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux

The Washington C(r)apitals. Yeah, they've been struglyign, byt they're still my team. (on a side note, while searching for this photo, I've read a trade rumor about the caps possibly sending kolzig to the Avs. If that happens, I'm gonna be pissed)

And ever since I found out that I would be going to school in the midwest (started in Minnesota and ended up here in North Dakota) I've developed an interest in the Wild. Its great to see such a young (both the franchise and the players) doing so well. I remember watching in thier first season when they shut out the dallas stars (for those who dont know, the stars used to be the minnesota north stars, but moved to dallas because their owner was greedy. Minnesota is "the hockey state" in the US. Its definately not that they weren't drawing enough people. Since they got the wild EVERY game has been sold out.) I'm going to go see the Wild vs. St. Lous Blues when they come up to play a pre-season game here at the University of North Dakota's Engelstad Arena

The engelstad arena is by far the nicest arena I've been too, and that says a lot. I've been to many arenas throughout the world. It is only about 2 years old and cost 90 million dollars to build. I highly reccomend you go to www.theralph.com and check out the photo gallery. You'll drool.

Comment

I really, really miss Bobn Hartley. I really think the Avs would have had a better chance last year with keeping him.

Comment

I would laugh my balls off if I see the Trashers in the playoffs.

My hometown is the Wsshington Capitals. Hats off to them...We should easily make it to the playoffs this year.

Comment

The Southeast Division could be the one to watch this year (finally!). If Tampa Bay proves that last season wasn't a fluke, Carolina proves that last season wasn't a fluke, and the Capitals can actually get a decent year out of Jagr (I still say he'll be traded by the All-Star break), then it will be interesting to watch. The Thrashers will have a hard road if those three teams actually play as well as they should (they have players other teams would kill to have) based on their rosters. The Jagr soap opera will be a distraction to the Caps until it is settled; Carolina must prove that they are still as good as they were when the went to the Finals in 2002 (I still think Carolina is much like the Panthers after they went to the Cup finals in 1996, a fluke). Tampa Bay needs to hope that St. Louis, Prospal, and Lecavalier (One of my favorite players to yell stuff at: "Lecavalier is French for Crybaby!") maintain they type of quality play that got them as far into the playoffs as they did. Florida is a trainwreck, Mike Keenan has a team with some quality players, he just doesn't know how to coach them, the team ought to be renamed "AMTRAK!" If the Thrashers at in second place in the division or higher at the All-Star break, they'll make the playoffs. A little off-ice issue that I hope won't affect the Thrashers' on the ice is the ownership situation. David McDavid's buying of the team (along with the Atlanta Hawks and Philips Arena) is currently stalled due to the fact that Time-Warner put the Hawks up as bond collateral on the finance bond for the arena (as in if they missed a repayment, the institution that financed the bond got the Hawks), and that's got to be sorted out so that AOL/Time-Warner and finalize the deal and send the deals to the NHL owners and the NBA owners to approve selling the teams (more than likely a rubber-stamp issue, since McDavid is a former minority owner of the Mavericks). Here's my Southeastern Division picks: I pick Tampa Bay to win the division, with Atlanta and Washington making the playoffs.

Comment

Go Blackhawks!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound96

Go Blackhawks!

haha, that's hillarious

Comment

well.....maybe the hawks are in a rebuilding phase......but at least they cut the free agent bust, theo fleury. Too bad the capitals can't follow the hawks' lead.

*coughjagrcough*

Comment

Working...
                              X