Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can ITS go before being banned?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only here, but before on AD forums ITS more than once to often willingly overstepped the boundaries of nagging, humor and banter in favour of belitteling others, total ignorance of facts and unwillingness of accepting/tolerating other's opinions and absolutely useless fanatism. He acted like one of those Know-it-all-seen-it-all-Captains that trashed their aircraft because they felt superior in any way over the 1st Officer who reminded them to put down the gear. I was appalled by what some site/forum admins let him get away with, that's why I never bothered to register on the "old" R-I-P-AD forum.

What use is deep knowledge, if you only get one side of it? None!
    I'm glad he's gone, though he only excelled in (negative) qualities others also have and demonstrate at a more managable level.

Okay, this wasn't totally "political correct" either. My apologies if you feel harrassed, whoever you are.

ToM

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
      It is a very simple question and I have an even simpler answer: it's not his job to change. To those who found him so unbearably offensive I say "use your ignore feature and move on with your lives". So yes, there is definitely an answer.

Why is it not his job to change? He gets warnings and such saying what will happen, even a couple of temporary bans but hey, most people would get the point. But no, he's above that? Dont give me this is America free speech thing, he agreed to the terms and conditions when he signed up and has since displayed he wont follow then, why should he be allowed to stay?

You can say just hit the ignore button, but if you want to attract more new forum members then there needs to be a limit to what you can say. If someones just going around talking the way he did then who would want to join up here?
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

...and I've only just realised that Spad has been banned as well !
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          For what? I do not agree with his views, but he didn't present his views in a bad way? Or did I miss some posts?
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Its possible that he posted something inflammatory that was deleted by the mods before we got to see it.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Its possible that he posted something inflammatory that was deleted by the mods before we got to see it.
              Perhaps his downright promotion of abusing the rules was part of the reason? We never see what goes on behind the scenes, even when your part of whats behind the scene.

Honestly, like i said earlier, many people say we should just use the ignore feature, but that i feel is more for when people irritate you personally. not just launch such broad attacks.
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                Why is it not his job to change? He gets warnings and such saying what will happen, even a couple of temporary bans but hey, most people would get the point. But no, he's above that? Dont give me this is America free speech thing, he agreed to the terms and conditions when he signed up and has since displayed he wont follow then, why should he be allowed to stay?

You can say just hit the ignore button, but if you want to attract more new forum members then there needs to be a limit to what you can say. If someones just going around talking the way he did then who would want to join up here?
                Guys,

Free speech is fine however theres contructive ways to make an exterme opinion understood and under no circumstances should be we use speech in such an aggressive manner it makes people feel very uncomfortable.

I think that the point is opinions are welcome here however we need to be constructive and perhaps if they are likely to hurt someone quiet alot is it worth saying or should it not be refined slightly to offer sya critims and advice not just a through and through derogatory comment.

The point is that extremem views from exprssed constructivly are acceptable but by being direct, rude and humiliating is not acceptable. The word is assertive.

Now you cant go into the workplace and call the manager every name under the sun because you'd be sacked however trying to reason and express your differeing opinion contructively is much more likely to get the response you'd like.

Why should we accept people dliberatly being arrogant and rude just to make there point and opinion carry more momentum and overule other people this is not acceptable in any walk of life.

Just remember be contrsuctive not destructive with critism.

Ryan

Comment

Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                  http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

I think this thread will serve no purpose anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X