Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITS observers recall his challenge at downloading photographs onto the website. If Magicubes were more widely available, I suspect would still be using his trusty Instamatic.

I say this respectfully as I still have my Olympus OM1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      SO this becomes a Nikon vs Canon discussion.
      Well you brought up the discussion of cheap cameras oh I mean composites.

Would ITS be a Canon or Nikon user? I'm going with Canon, he seems like Canon man.

Comment

• Instant classic, Comrade! F### Me!

Originally posted by Baaboo View Post
        The truth!
        &ampnbsp
        &ampnbsp
        &ampnbsp

&ampnbsp
        &ampnbsp
        Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
          Well you brought up the discussion of cheap cameras oh I mean composites.

Would ITS be a Canon or Nikon user? I'm going with Canon, he seems like Canon man.
          I think Charles is more a Hasselblad man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Hilton View Post
            I think Charles is more a Hasselblad man.
            http://www.hasselbladusa.com/about-h...ge-camera.aspx
            Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              Have autofocus/autoexposure/digital cameras/photoshop and FMS/fly by wire/composites/ballistic chutes destroyed photography and airmanship?

We know ITS owns a taildragger and when he flies it is is pure art.

Do you think he has a totally manual SLR film camrea and takes excellent photographs?

Would he even work in the medium of black and white and use ASA 800 film to freeze fast-moving aircraft?
              Since ITS is a connoisseur of fine Texas wine, El Caminos and tail draggers I believe he would be more interested in a camera that uses Collodion dry plates
              Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

• Daguerrotype? naah...
                Charles would be an Hasselblad guy, I agree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  I did not take it personally. I just am bothered when people make wrong statements.

1) I took it personally (wrong)
                  2) Your number of photographs gives you some ranking on discussion fora. (wrong)
                  3) ITS is nothing but a troll (wrong)
                  4) Numerous absolute statements (which are almost always- wrong!)

Speaking as someone who spent a day royally PO'd at ITS (yes me), it's blindingly obvious that you can't handle the fact that ITS stirs crap, yet contributes greatly in the areanas of humor and knowledge.

It's complex and anything but absolute.

You, quite simply, are wrong.
                  We clearly see this from very different perspectives. I saw no 'great contribution' to this site from ITS, and I'm not the only person who thinks that.

Paul
                  Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                    We clearly see this from very different perspectives. I saw no 'great contribution' to this site from ITS, and I'm not the only person who thinks that.

Paul

Paul, look at his discussion of composites and say that.

He dug up the report from Canada on AirBus composite tails. Everyone simply speculated. ITS brought facts.

Take some time and do a little reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHLY Girl View Post

He dug up the report from Canada on AirBus composite tails. Everyone simply speculated. ITS brought facts.

Take some time and do a little reading.

Hey PMN, I guess I'm not the only one who feels that ITS was a strong, positive contributor to the forums.
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

But then he decided that AF447's tail fell off at altitude - and that was speculation. So, swings and roundabouts.

Is there any truth to the rumour that he was last seen driving one of these:

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=66452&vf=12

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                          That's only if you buy Nikon..Canon produces far superior machines.
                          Hmm, was stopped in security last Saturday, too much lead in my Nikon lenses. Lead in crystal is good, but comes up on the monitor as dark shadows. Any Canons have that problem, or does cheap composites not show?
                          Per
                          Ancient Mariner
                          Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying
                            Thank you for your response. Even though I used the word groupies, I do realize that most people, including myself, fall within a range. ITS-Haters, at one end of the spectrum, fail to recognize that his posts did have value for many people, and that his style was not merely obnoxious, but also entertaining. ITS-groupies fail to sympathize with the forum administrators, who have to maintain some measure of decorum and did not take the decision to ban ITS lightly or as a first recourse. Both ends of the spectrum have a valid point, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. If all my post did was give ITS reason to consider starting a blog, though, it was more than worth it. An original blog that finds an audience will get you a lot farther than posts on a discussion forum anyway.
                            Right, generalizing one way or the other often brings tears. I read some of ITS' stuff with great pleasure, some pissed me off (like it was probably meant to) and other postings I skipped because they didn't interest me much. So what, that is how I treat most posters on any forum.
                            And life goes on.
                            Per
                            Ancient Mariner
                            Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

• Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
                              But then he decided that AF447's tail fell off at altitude - and that was speculation. So, swings and roundabouts.

Is there any truth to the rumour that he was last seen driving one of these:

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=66452&vf=12
                              Negative... ITS only drives these:

Last edited by Optimus Prime; 2009-10-16, 05:23. Reason: Update link
                              Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                                Hey PMN, I guess I'm not the only one who feels that ITS was a strong, positive contributor to the forums.
                                I think the fact you can only think of one discussion he contributed to offhand kind of speaks for itself.

Anyway, I have photos to edit and upload...

Paul
                                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X