• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Class Failure--"Death From Above"

Woman at home alone beans intruders with billiard balls
    Posted Wednesday, Sep. 30, 2009 Comments
    By DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.

[email protected]

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS ó It was raining pool balls in a neighborhood here Wednesday afternoon.

A 27-year-old woman thwarted an attempted burglary by pelting two men at the front of her home on Mapleleaf Drive with billiard balls as she stood on her roof.

"I made it to the backdoor, climbed a tree and onto the roof," Paula Ollie said afterward. "I went to the front of the house and yelled 'Death from above!í and started throwing the pool balls."

Ollie said she was accurate.

"I nailed him in the back," she said referring to the burglar who was near a bedroom window. "I then started throwing at the one at the front door and got him, but I donít know where I hit him. I did miss once because thereís a dent in the front door."

The men ran for their lives cursing, holding their arms above their heads for protection, she said.

Once she descended from the roof, she called police but by the time they arrived, the men had gotten away.

Police werenít enthusiastic about her efforts.

"We recommend that people call 911 if they see strangers at their home," North Richland Hills investigator Keith Bauman said.

Ollie described the bad guys as dressed all in black, their hats, shirts, pants and shoes.

"I know one was white because I could see his arm when he had it over his head," Ollie said.

As for her warrior cry of "Death from above!" Ollie says itís from the movies, but she isnít sure which one.

"They say it all the time," she said.

It might be best remembered as the motto painted on Robert Duvallís helicopter during the dramatic dawn attack on a Vietnamese village in the 1979 movie Apocalypse Now.

The incident happened shortly after 2 p.m. in the 7600 block of Mapleleaf Drive.

Ollie was at home alone; her three young boys were at school.

"I heard something outside and I went to the front door where I heard these two men talking quietly," said Ollie, who had been cleaning the house. "They didnít ring the doorbell or knock. I put my ear to the door and I sensed that something was wrong."

Without thinking of calling 911, Ollie plotted her attack. She grabbed her sonís Ben Tin bike helmet and loaded it up with balls from the pool table. She couldnít remember later how many she had taken.

She quietly walked through the backdoor to a tree, placed the straps of the helmet in her mouth and climbed the tree. From the tree, she made her way to the roof.

"If I had known where the BB-gun was, I would have used that," Ollie said. "Thereís a crossbow in the house and if I had known where the ammunition was, I would have grabbed that."

Once on the roof, Ollie began her assault.

And within a few minutes, she ran the table on them.

WTF? not even close to aviation related.

Comment

i guess in phly girl's world of imaginary reality, anything related to above is aviation related?

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins View Post
        WTF? not even close to aviation related.
        but a helicopter was mentioned in the article...

"It might be best remembered as the motto painted on Robert Duvallís helicopter during the dramatic dawn attack on a Vietnamese village in the 1979 movie Apocalypse Now.

-Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
        -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing
          SEO

Comment

This is relevant to my interests.

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
              This is relevant to my interests.
              Robbery? Or being pelted from above by a screaming banshee woman?

Comment

Farmer's daughter disarms terrorist and shoots him dead with AK47

Rukhsana Kausar, 21, was with her parents and brother in Jammu and Kashmir when three gunmen, believed to be Pakistani militants, forced their way in and demanded food and beds for the night.

Militants often demand food and lodging in nearby villages.
                When they forced their way into Miss Kausarís home, her father Noor Mohammad refused their demands and was attacked.
                His daughter was hiding under a bed when she heard him crying as the gunmen thrashed him with sticks. According to police, she ran towards her fatherís attacker and struck him with an axe. As he collapsed, she snatched his AK47 and shot him dead.

An Indian farmer’s daughter disarmed a terrorist leader who broke into her home, attacked him with an axe and shot him dead with his own gun.

Comment

You go girls! What the significance of the skeleton on the left?

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla View Post
                    You go girls! What the significance of the skeleton on the left?

It belongs to a previous home invader and was left to serve as a warning to any other would-be robbers that pool balls are deadly.

Comment

The Houston Astros could use another right-hander in the bullpen.

Comment

That is awesome! I would have handled it a bit different then she did..I would have waited for them to enter my house and put a round in each of their chests. Her method was certainly very colorful.

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
                          Robbery? Or being pelted from above by a screaming banshee woman?
                          The screaming banshee women lobbing hard colorful balls from helicopters part.

The perfect partner for the Rogue Helicopter Pilot.

Comment

Working...
                          X