No announcement yet.

Is there a Canadian plane registered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Canadian plane registered...

C-F*CK, being *=U???

Any pics of it???

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Presumably you can answer your own question but there have been a number of registrations on the British Register which were either avoided or changed.

Granada TV had a DH Dove in the 1960s when the British Register was strictly sequential (apart from avoiding the letter Q). This was given the reg G-ARSI (Arsey being a British word for someone who is obnoxious or difficult) After some months and pointing to the examples below, Granada succeeded in getting a re-registration.

BOAC had a Britannia 102 G-ANBG. The crews referred to it as "No Bloody Good" from the start. It was then noticed that the aircraft was a hangar queen. BOAC had the reg changed to G-APLL (being government owned they had some pull with the authorities!) The aircraft ended its days at Newcastle long after the other 102s had gone and, after scrapping, one of the main undercarriage legs survived for many years.

When the Britannia 300 series was bought by BOAC they were registered in the G-A OV... series. 'VD was avoided due to its connatation and the excercise was repeated with the VC10s which were registered G-ARV..
    PhilB

Comment

Re: Is there a Canadian plane registered...

Originally posted by Flying High
      C-F*CK, being *=U???

Any pics of it???
      Great question!!! Don't really know the answer to that question but the closest I can think of is an Air Canada 767-200 registered C-FUCL (fin 622).... Goes under the question "What were they thinking when they came up with that registration?"

Comment

I think I found my registration when I buy a plane. Personally though I can think of a lot more vulgar ones, which I will avoid here for the risk of getting banned. I think you can figure out what they are.

Comment

A search on the Transport Canada website shows 0 matches found. There was a plane on the Irish register with the mark EI-EIO but unfortunately not owned by old McDonald.
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

There was a Turbine Beaver in YQX for many years reg C-FUKK.

http://www.dhc-2.com/id242.htm

Comment

Originally posted by wj_737_200
              I think I found my registration when I buy a plane. Personally though I can think of a lot more vulgar ones, which I will avoid here for the risk of getting banned. I think you can figure out what they are.
              Would Transport Canada allow you registering it???

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

I'm goin with no, only because some smart ass ATC, instead of using the call sign like normal, they'd probably say the entire last word

Comment

Originally posted by wj_737_200
                  I'm goin with no, only because some smart ass ATC, instead of using the call sign like normal, they'd probably say the entire last word
                  I can just see some ATC saying that too... almost as good as when I heard this unforgettible conversation between ATC and two Fokker aircraft (American F100 and Canadian Regional F28:

American 1235: Tower, American 1235 holding short Runway 06L, waiting for a slot time to Chicago.
                  ATC: American 1235 hold short Runway 06L.
                  Regional 1625: Regional 1625 ready for departure runway 06L.
                  ATC: Regional 1625 can you bypass the bigger Fokker on your left?
                  Regional 1625: Affirmative, we can bypass the Fokker into position.
                  ATC: American 1235, the little Fokker on the right will bypass you and will taxi to position.
                  Regional 1625: Ok, we'll bypass the Mother Fokker and go into position on Runway 06L.
                  American 1235 (female pilot): WHAT?
                  ATC: Oh you know, the F28 is the little Fokker, and the F100 is the Mother Fokker!
                  Regional 1625: *laughs*
                  American 1235 (female pilot, obviously fed up with the conversation): THAT'S ENOUGH!!

Comment

Working...
                  X