Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeltaFlyer
    replied
    Over the years I had alot of stupid stuff said to me, but the one that happened most often was when people would walk thru doors that have "Delta Air Lines Baggage Service Office" printed on them and see my two different ID's that read "Delta" and I am standing behind a counter that has "Delta Air Lines" signage and in front of a 3'x8' foot sign that reads "Delta Air Lines" and they would say one of two things - "do you work for Delta?" or "is this XYZ airlines?"

Leave a comment:

• Funniest or dumbest thing said to you on an airplane/airport

What's the funniest, oddest, or dumbest thing you have heard or had said to you on an airplane?

Some examples:

My oddest experience:

As I was taking a photo of our BA 777 to LHR, a year ago. A person sitting a few seats away from the window, asks me if I have been on this flight before. I said "yes" she exclaimed that you must know that this plane stops in New York before continuing onto LHR. I said, "No, this flight is a non-stop flight directly from Denver to London." She exclaimed that's preposterous, "No passenger jet has that kind of range and on two engines, yeah right!" I said that this jet is capable of doing 14-15 hour non-stops and she said "Yeah right" and that we will stop in NY, before continuing to London. The same lady freaked out in the gate when she heard the alarm of the catering truck pulling away. When the BA flight attendants tried to comfort her, she fought with them.

Unfortunately, she was in my row 2 seats away from me and you should have seen the horror on her face when we were crossing the Atlantic w/o stopping. After we arrived in LHR and I was getting my bag, she said, "Well, young man you were correct!"

Most annoying experience: My seat mate from LHR to India got a hard piece of Lentil, thinking that it was a stone he threw a huge fit with the F/As. He couldn't pronounce Red Label clearly I had him screaming in my ear for about 5 minutes, saying "Read Labeell" repeatedly, I had to tell him to stop screaming in my ear. I politely told the F/A that he wants a Red Label and the F/A complied.

He then asked to borrow a pen and I gave him the pilot V5 liquid ink pen I had. The first thing box says, "Never SHAKE this pen." Guess what he does, he shakes the pen repeatedly then get mad at me for giving a bad pen and that he now has so much blue ink running down his hand. A WTF moment if there ever was one.

Funniest things F/A or pilots have said:

United Airlines: After the Gate Gourmet truck forgot to load the pretzels, only loading the snack boxes and we had to wait for another 15 minutes. The head flight attendant, "due to the catering truck driver not getting his daily dose of Starbucks he has forgotten to load our pretzels packets. Ah, the joys of outsourcing. Since you chose United, everyone on this flight will be able to fully fill their daily requirement of Starbucks coffee."

On Lufthansa after the mechanics further broke the cargo door trying to fix it: "Ladies and gentlemen, I have some very good news, our highly qualified mechanics apparently haven't been able to apply their knowledge and have broken the cargo door even further! We appreciate your patience, but mine is about over.

Regards,

Rohan
Working...
X