Free Verbal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
    And now Apooh was banned for nothing more than politely questioning the reasons behind bannings. I find it somewhat disturbing that non of the regulars ever expressed their outrage that this site is being used as a hunting ground by the potential pedophile yet demanding the extermination of members who simply express their opinion and healthy sense of humor. There is something pathological about this behavior.
    Potential pedophile? What the heck are you talking about?

Here's the thing, the ITS groupies have not contributed anything to this forum but headaches and pointless, off topic spam since he was banned. Only God knows how many times others have asked them to tone it down, but their response was to only get louder and more obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying
      Until a couple of days ago, I couldn't have cared less about the airdisaster.info vs. JetPhotos rivalry, the "us" vs. "them" mentality, the history between them, or anything else. They're just different aviation sites, who cares? I have supported ITS on many occasions, because I liked some of his posts.

Then I looked at the airdisaster site, and couldn't believe the depravity of the off-topic forum. Obviously, this doesn't involve all members over there, so again, I'm not going to fall into an "us" versus "them" polemic. But the threads about JP currently underway are ugly, perverse, cowardly and slanderous.

Has it occurred to any of you that maybe you are the ones with a serious problem, with your accusations of the big cover-up on this site? This is a freaking aviation forum, and you are sick. Now I know what it takes to have a good sense of humor. You need to post pictures like the one of that van. That must be what 3WE is looking for. As far as I'm concerned, anyone participating in those threads, slandering JP administrators by name, and anyone making comments like Peter K's above, doesn't need to be here.

I hate to break this to you everyone, but you don't have a "right" to post here. The administrators don't owe you a thing, including a second chance. I disagree with most of what Chris Kilroy says, but so what, I'm not going to run over his cat, and I'm certainly not going to make insidious comments about him on one public forum while indignantly demanding privileges over here.

I'm sorry about posting this, I know cockroaches don't like it when someone turns on the light.
      You make some valid points, but, since I make special mention in your post, and since I have not (yet) been banned, I should point out that the mysterious bannings (and not just banning, but removal of all posts of several individuals), happened first and there seems to be no evidence at this point of what the offenses were. Unfortunately, that turned the crap-stirring up about 3 notches.

The ever-lengthening list of banned folks are people who- though they joked around incessantly- were all pretty darn civil, and many of these folks have very long histories of being reasonable in their postings. Unfortunately, their bannings seem to have caused them to feel bitter, and it seems there is some interesting history and repressed resentment.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

This is not a free speech society. Whoever runs this forum can ban at will anyone they choose. "At will" is a legal term in which cause is not required. It works for both parties in that one can be refused the priviledge of posting, and one can also refuse that same priviledge of posting.

If my cat shits on my living room rug, he goes out for the night. If he continues to shit on said rug, he gets to remain living outside indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          You make some valid points, but, since I make special mention in your post, and since I have not (yet) been banned, I should point out that the mysterious bannings (and not just banning, but removal of all posts of several individuals), happened first and there seems to be no evidence at this point of what the offenses were. Unfortunately, that turned the crap-stirring up about 3 notches.

The ever-lengthening list of banned folks are people who- though they joked around incessantly- were all pretty darn civil, and many of these folks have very long histories of being reasonable in their postings. Unfortunately, their bannings seem to have caused them to feel bitter, and it seems there is some interesting history and repressed resentment.
          There were reasons. While we accepted the AD humour in the OT section, some users decided to take that humour into other parts of the forum. And if a jp.net user with a limited command of the English language, who asks for advice in the photography section, is harassed by that "humour", it is against the interest of jp.net to tolerate that.

One might agree or disagree with it, but for obvious reasons the photographers are more important to the site, than the pure forum users.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
            I'm guessing you don't have any children since you don't see anything wrong with a stranger 60+ years old guy giving an instruction on how to shave private parts to a kid.
            Is Roman Polansky a poor prosecuted victim in your opinion as well?

Comment

I'm guessing you don't have any children since you don't see anything wrong with a stranger 60+ years old guy giving an instruction on how to shave private parts to a kid.
              So instead of replying like a normal person, you have to come back with some smart ass remark. Typical of an ITS groupie.

As for the thread in question, I don't read threads about stupid stuff like that so what people may post there is none of my concern. If people are posting anything illegal, I'll let the admins deal with it. When is starts flooding the rest of the forum, then I will say something.

Comment

Aren't you doing the...

Comment

I would even agree that this was indeed strange, as was the avatar used. But strange are a lot of things in the internet
                  Last edited by seahawk; 2009-10-24, 14:24.

Comment

www.internet.com is always right.
                    warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Concur

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                        So instead of replying like a normal person, you have to come back with some smart ass remark. Typical of an ITS groupie.
                        Please defy what do you mean by replying like a normal person.

As for the thread in question, I don't read threads about stupid stuff like that so what people may post there is none of my concern.
                        At least that clarifies the fact that your previous comment:
                        was made out of ignorance rather than ill will. Why are you reading and responding to this threat then?

Comment

Peter K:

Don't go bringing logic into the argument.

Besides, you don't have enough photo's posted to have any status, or reason to be listened to.
                          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

AD.commers are a rough bunch, ban all of them...
                            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                              AD.commers are a rough bunch, ban all of them...
                              Right. You would be one of them, wouldn't you?
                              warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by el View Post
                                Right. You would be one of them, wouldn't you?
                                Exactly...
                                "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
                                X