A message for our European friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    Cold beer ? Aaaah, that'll be lager you're talking about...which isn't beer, just chemicals in cold water.

Rouge Dead Guy Ale ?? Hmmm. Haven't come across that one I must admit. Will I be able to find it in Florida next time I get dragged across the water to visit Mickey Rat ?
    Next visit I'm doing a deal with the missus. She takes the grandkids to Disney and I go bass fishing, visit the Petty Driving Experience at Daytona to drive one this time and visiting various airfields....well, I live in hope anyway !

Not sure if you can get it in Florida or not, its made in Cali.

That's their site... Like most things that originated in Europe we made it better Stone took beer and did the same thing. Arrogant Bastard Ale is my personal favorite from them....for some reason seems to fit my personality LOLOLOL

One day we can discuss the finer points of why America rocks over a few pints. I suggest we bring Jid along as well. There's man that enjoys his beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
      T
      - good old vintage cars
      You must be joking. Apart from a few very well restored ones - I would suggest using a magnet on the body..... end of dream..
      warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by el View Post
        You must be joking. Apart from a few very well restored ones - I would suggest using a magnet on the body..... end of dream..
        Yeah I was talking about the well restored one, they just have that look and sound that "our" 50s-60s car didn't have

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
          Now Now...don't get your panties in an uproar, we'll share our woman and beer with you.
          Ahh - you're looking for reciprication - can't say that I blame you.
          ADCR
          Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            ...and as for your women....

Wasn't it only in the past year or so that the UK vaulted atop the U.S. as the singular most obese/overweight nation in the world?

Brian ole buddy, in all of my visits to the UK, there are a lot of things I like about the place (the people are really great, the beer is outstanding, culturally it offers so much more than America), but there are a few things that jump out at me (as an American) also:

- shit weather (then again, it's sunny 340 days a year where I live, so I'm probably spoiled!)
            - shit food (although that's gotten somewhat better)
            - the world's ugliest women

Don't mistake that for a claim that our ladies here are anything to be proud of. Certainly they're not! But if that photo you posted is supposed to be representative of "our" women, I don't want to even imagine what yours would look like!

Then again, we probably already have a humbling, jaw dropping hint though....

Trump is an idiot!
            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
              Wasn't it only in the past year or so that the UK vaulted atop the U.S. as the singular most obese/overweight nation in the world?

That word, I don't think it's appropriate for some reason or another.
              May a plethora of uncultivated palaeontologists raise the dead in a way that makes your blood boil

Comment

Brian I like my beer cold...not piss warm tasting like it was filtered through a dirty jock strap
                Tom, (and this may be a first) agreed! There should be a toxic Hazmat label on some of the poisons that the poms call 'beer'.

Comment

.......One day we can discuss the finer points of why America rocks over a few pints. I suggest we bring Jid along as well. There's man that enjoys his beer......
                  Oh yes, very definitely on the "Things to do" list. I've only met Jid once, at Heathrow in the Myrtle Avenue park. The only time he put his Boddingtons Ale down was to take a picture. I hope he took a leak before he flew back to Manchester, he would have had to pay excess baggage on his bladder otherwise !!!
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
                    Yeah I was talking about the well restored one, they just have that look and sound that "our" 50s-60s car didn't have

Of those are very few around. Most so-called fully restored cars from American heritage are a masterwork in plastering. Unfortunately, that kind of masterwork does not last too long.

Other than that tastes are different but I personally would prefer my '65 Series I E-Type OTS (Roadster as they call it over there) over any of the American offerings especially those of the 50's and 60's. On the other hand I would not mind a Duesenberg, Auburn or Cord or similar but those go back another 30 years or so.
                    warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by el View Post
                      Of those are very few around. Most so-called fully restored cars from American heritage are a masterwork in plastering. Unfortunately, that kind of masterwork does not last too long.

Other than that tastes are different but I personally would prefer my '65 Series I E-Type OTS (Roadster as they call it over there) over any of the American offerings especially those of the 50's and 60's. On the other hand I would not mind a Duesenberg, Auburn or Cord or similar but those go back another 30 years or so.

Agree, with a couple of exceptions. Early Buick Riviera for the design, early Oldsmobile Toronado for someone at GM for having the balls. And of course '58 Buick Super Two Door Hardtop, I had one......once.
                      Per
                      Ancient Mariner
                      Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Only really two American cars worth talking about.

1. The Dodge Charger. It handled like a dipsomaniac hippotamus on a three wheeled skateboard, you needed a calendar to time the 60 - 0 stopping time........but it just had that manic grin factor.

2. The Shelby Mustang GT 500 with the 428 cubic-inch Police Interceptor engine.....I had the use of one of these for a short while. Never, EVER again in my life have I experienced such a vehicle. If I had kept it, it would have lasted a lifetime....about two weeks !!!
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
                          ...that the
                          - shit weather (then again, it's sunny 340 days a year where I live, so I'm probably spoiled!)
                          - shit food (although that's gotten somewhat better)
                          - the world's ugliest women

Chris, Just a short note:
                          - even the Romans knew about the bad-weather, so you were warned.
                          - 30 years ago, I wish I could have a bite of that shit food, instead of that "meal" my sister made every monday when my mother had to work.
                          - get 2 pints of English beer and all of the ugly women looking like Jennifer Aniston. Enjoy.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Working...
                          X