Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diving

    i was just wondering: does anyone else here dive (scuba that is)?

    i started at 14 and i love it. i would love to see some scuba photos if you have anyway. i may have to get a waterproof case for my new d80, but i think they are a bit pricey

    leo

  • #2
    I started when I was 20, LOVE IT! I have my PADI Advanced Open Water Certification in wreck diving. The feeling of diving is one of total freedom where ever body movement is in harmony with the next.

    Comment


    • #3
      Openwater PADI at 14. T'was a real hardship having the Great Barrier Reef 1/2 hour away by boat...

      Pity I've moved south and inland.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
        Openwater PADI at 14. T'was a real hardship having the Great Barrier Reef 1/2 hour away by boat...

        Pity I've moved south and inland.
        Must be a full moon...we agree on beer and diving? Your Great Barrier reef has nothing on the lovely waters of Southern Long Island.....yeah who the Fuck am i kidding...???

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
          Must be a full moon...we agree on beer and diving? Your Great Barrier reef has nothing on the lovely waters of Southern Long Island.....yeah who the Fuck am i kidding...???
          Ah there's beauty to be found nearly everywhere when you dive - I've also dived in Monterey Bay California in the giant kelp beds - totally different experience to diving back home but equally beautiful in its own way. Damn cold in February though (we had no idea Northern California could be cold - a steady diet of TV set in LA will do that to you).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying
            Do you people seriously have nothing better to do?
            better than diving? there are lots of things better i guess. i was just wondering who else dove.

            leo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
              I started when I was 20, LOVE IT! I have my PADI Advanced Open Water Certification in wreck diving. The feeling of diving is one of total freedom where ever body movement is in harmony with the next.
              that's cool. i want to do the wreck diving specialty. some of the bext fresh water diving in the world in near Brockville, Ontario, so close to where i am.

              i did a drift dive this summer. it was very cool (althogh i lost my boyancy- twice)

              leo

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm too overweight and unfit to dive now but I got my BSAC (British Sub Aqua Club) qualifications, sport diver, advanced diver and up to club instructor while working in Saudi Arabia.
                I have 580 dives in my logbooks and have spent a total of 3 weeks+ underwater ! This in a 2 year dive career.

                People speak of the Barrier Reef, Egyptian and Israeli Red Sea....

                ....but you haven't lived until you experience the Saudi Red Sea. The reefs were virtually undived, 100 metres visibility was not uncommon. I've dived in many other places in the world but nothing ever came close to the Saudi Red Sea. With no tourism the reefs are simply amazing and I consider myself to be a very lucky guy to have been able to do it.

                Have fun...and dive safe.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                  The feeling of diving is one of total freedom where ever body movement is in harmony with the next.
                  You should try male synchronized swimming. The equipment is cheaper. The feeling of freedom and harmony of movement is exceptional plus as a bonus you get to exchange shaving tips in the locker room.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    I'm too overweight and unfit to dive now but I got my BSAC (British Sub Aqua Club) qualifications, sport diver, advanced diver and up to club instructor while working in Saudi Arabia.
                    I have 580 dives in my logbooks and have spent a total of 3 weeks+ underwater ! This in a 2 year dive career.
                    Impressive Brian for a two year periodI heard about the great diving in Saudi and the seperate beaches for men and women(maybe the next ideal holiday for you and the missus Brian
                    I have a handful of PADI certs and have dived several places in the Med,Egyptian Red Sea,Cuba and of course the Irish Atlantic Coast.
                    Here is a photo I took in Tory Island in North West Ireland of my Wife enjoying the freedom of snorkling with a friendly Bottle nose Dolphin whilst I was wearing bcd,tank,gauges etc.


                    http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/shanwick1960/

                    I might arrange an Orca for her next under water photo shoot


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      PADI AOW + Nitrox, use wifey's little Casio in a cheap waterproof, but with access to all buttons. Good for snapshots. Too pricey for my Nikon.
                      Wife, SiL and kids + oldest grandchild also certified, four more to go.
                      Per
                      Ancient Mariner
                      Certified above and below...................sea level.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
                        Impressive Brian for a two year periodI heard about the great diving in Saudi and the seperate beaches for men and women(maybe the next ideal holiday for you and the missus Brian
                        I have a handful of PADI certs and have dived several places in the Med,Egyptian Red Sea,Cuba and of course the Irish Atlantic Coast.
                        Here is a photo I took in Tory Island in North West Ireland of my Wife enjoying the freedom of snorkling with a friendly Bottle nose Dolphin whilst I was wearing bcd,tank,gauges etc.


                        http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/shanwick1960/

                        I might arrange an Orca for her next under water photo shoot


                        Cool photo. looks like quite the experience.

                        leo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine View Post
                          PADI AOW + Nitrox, use wifey's little Casio in a cheap waterproof, but with access to all buttons. Good for snapshots. Too pricey for my Nikon.
                          Wife, SiL and kids + oldest grandchild also certified, four more to go.
                          Per
                          i want to do nitrox, just to give me a little more bottom time

                          leo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by leon View Post
                            i want to do nitrox, just to give me a little more bottom time

                            leo
                            With Nitrox, more bottom time is what you will have.
                            Per
                            Ancient Mariner
                            Certified above and below...................sea level.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i just wanted everyone to know that i am trying ice diving soon.

                              wooo-hooo

                              leo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X