Diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
    The fact that Brian was giving serious advice I will put aside....but what you defend as humour in MY opinion was not funny.
    Fortunately you are being pretty funny!

Just my opinion was not humorous nothing more nothing less(I will leave aside the fact that Brians "quotes" were doctored in the earlier post)

Ever heard of Ellipsi (hint: it comes from Greek ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission")? Guess not.
    Ellipsis is a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word or a phrase from the original text. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought, or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence (apostrophe and elipsis mixed). The ellipsis calls for a slight pause in speech. The most common form of an ellipsis is a row of three periods or full stops (...) or pre-composed triple-dot glyph (…). The usage of the em dash (—) can overlap the usage of ellipsis.
    The triple-dot punctuation mark is also called a suspension point, points of ellipsis, periods of ellipsis, or dot-dot-dot.

Comment

The fact that Brian was giving serious advice I will put aside....but what you defend as humour in MY opinion was not funny.Just my opinion was not humorous nothing more nothing less.

Oh dear! Did you just doctor your own post? Fortunately I've managed to catch it in original form.

Comment

Phew.............(very long deliberate pause)mine was four dots so that exonarates me.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
          Oh dear! Did you just doctor your own post? Fortunately I've managed to catch it in original form.
          No EDITED my own post,had just realised that you were quoting a post from five days ago.Apologise

Comment

Come on folks....back on subject perhaps ?
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              Come on folks....back on subject perhaps ?
              Awww !!! Brian it is the Off Topic Brawl(Forum).
              Getting "back on subject"I do agree 100% with your ice diving advice.From my experience with diving and water in general it is no place for maverick tendencies and to stay alive you can never be too careful.

Comment

I had my first dive this year...in Belgium of all things. Jan 2, but the water was a balmy 30C!! If anyone is in the area, try out Nemo33. It is a very cool place, 33 meters deep, and a bar in front where one can watch those in the water. I will now go for my open water cert here in SoCal when I get the chance. I am hooked.

Comment

Hi guys,

Has anyone else gone diving at the Kauai reefs? That is way cool.
                  Proudly performing RHD-to-LHD conversions since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Horscht View Post
                    Hi guys,

Nup, not me I've only dived on some truly dreadful locations...Great Barrier Reef here in Oz, the kelp forests in Monterey Bay...

Life's a beach eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Horscht View Post
                      Hi guys,

Would that be a German reefer? I hear they are very cool and good at maintaining exact temperatures.
                      Per
                      Ancient Mariner
                      Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

well, i did my ice diving! it was fantastic!

weather was brisk, and below the ice, the temperature was a balmy 34 F. A 7mm wet suit was just fine; wasn't cold at all.

first day involved a couple of shorter familiarization dives, with a surface interval between...debugged a few equipment issues, got familiar with the lines. second day was more fun.

i am not sure what all the fuss is about really. yeah, it is a little chilly, but i would not classify it as being terrifyingly cold. in fact, i was perfectly warm underwater. the only time i was a bit cold was up top tendering lines for other divers, and getting a bit wet doing that.

anyway, i highly recommend it!

leo

Comment

Originally posted by homeloans
                          Wow its great to know about your interest, i am also interested in diving but unluckily i am afraid from water, my sister is on training from her school and she will complete her training soon then i will send you her pictures.
                          You're not afraid of free advertising I see!
                          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X