Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    A lateral thinking problem for you.....

There is a cylindrical tower in the middle of the desert that is 40 feet high to the rafters. There are no stairs, in fact no visible way of getting to the top of the tower. The floor is sand, which is damp to the touch. Parked outside is a truck. The open load area is empty apart from a large canvas sheet which is white on one side and black on the other.

A man is hanging, dead, from a 6 foot length of rope tied to the rafters.

How did he commit suicide in this manner ?
    I haven't come across this before but I reckon he had blocks of ice in the canvas sheet - white on the outside to reflect heat, black on the inside to retain cold - which he transported to the tower on the lorry.

He then carried the blocks into the tower, building a staircase to the top, stood on top with noose around his head and waited for the ice to melt.

Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Originally posted by HB-IHC View Post
      I haven't come across this before but I reckon he had blocks of ice in the canvas sheet - white on the outside to reflect heat, black on the inside to retain cold - which he transported to the tower on the lorry.

He then carried the blocks into the tower, building a staircase to the top, stood on top with noose around his head and waited for the ice to melt.

Paul
      Clever sod !! Exactly correct.

I'll have to dig out one of my more obscure ones.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Clever sod !! Exactly correct.

I'll have to dig out one of my more obscure ones.

I'll take that as a complement then

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Working...
        X