Identifying PC Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying PC Parts

So I want to sell my old PC (whats left of it). All it needs is a hard drive, but I just want to sell the case and remaining innards as is. I want to ID the make/model of the motherboard, but I can't seem to find any identifying numbers on it. Any suggestions as to where to look? I've been going batty over this because I want to be able to tell in the advertisement exactly what components it has so I can get good value.

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Originally posted by SammyG View Post
    So I want to sell my old PC (whats left of it). All it needs is a hard drive, but I just want to sell the case and remaining innards as is. I want to ID the make/model of the motherboard, but I can't seem to find any identifying numbers on it. Any suggestions as to where to look? I've been going batty over this because I want to be able to tell in the advertisement exactly what components it has so I can get good value.

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Well, if that's all that's left of it, you're not going to be able to go the Start / Accessories / System Tools / System Information route, or similar (depending upon what your OS is, what's installed and what your organisation is etc.)...

... but if you can whack the HD in and boot up, you should be able to get at the details.

Just a word about MOBOs... unless it's a proprietory brand, you may only get generic info. but there are various freeware tools out there that can help you get sufficient detail also.

If you can't boot up, I guess you're stuffed if a torch and magnifying glass or taking it apart don't help you

Paul

ps... want to buy a 250Gb hard drive (unused)??
    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-12-31, 16:36.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

I can probably tell you where to look if I know the manufacturer. If it's a machine made by Dell/HP/Acer/etc. then its a proprietary motherboard.

Comment

Working...
      X