Bangkok to Siem Reap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok to Siem Reap

I have to travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap and back in March. I note that Bangkok airways have had a couple of incidents and another Thai airline also does not have a good history. Any one have thoughts or history of travelling on Bangkok airways? Also the fares are not cheap when booking online either. Anyway if anyone has some thoughts or suggestions they would be appreciated. I usually try to travel on oneworld partner airlines, preferably Qantas but after reading the book " The Men Who Killed Qantas" I am not all that sure they are necessarily the safest option.

Safety is a controversial subject....as is flying in Thailand. Any airline flying in that area, regardless of stature and safety record, is subject to weather induced incidents, most of which account for decimal points worth of total accidents.
    I've only used Bangkok Airways ( Bangkok - Phuket ) once but was well impressed with the service. It's a "Boutique" airline, not a lo-cost, and has it's own lounges with snacks and drinks etc. I will now always use them for internal flights in Thailand in the future unless they screw up big time.

EDIT. The journey I took was from London, business class with Etihad via Abu Dhabi with Bangkok Airlines internal flights, transfers included, 4.5 star hotel for 2 weeks at a total of £4,200 for two. Sounds a lot until you factor in the fact that booking the Etihad flights alone with the airline would have cost £5,400 !! We booked through an agency who put the package together for us. ( THG in Swansea, UK )

VERY happy with the Bangkok Airlines service.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2010-01-13, 16:16.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Brian, appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Safety is a controversial subject....as is flying in Thailand. Any airline flying in that area, regardless of stature and safety record, is subject to weather induced incidents, most of which account for decimal points worth of total accidents.
        I've only used Bangkok Airways ( Bangkok - Phuket ) once but was well impressed with the service. It's a "Boutique" airline, not a lo-cost, and has it's own lounges with snacks and drinks etc. I will now always use them for internal flights in Thailand in the future unless they screw up big time.

EDIT. The journey I took was from London, business class with Etihad via Abu Dhabi with Bangkok Airlines internal flights, transfers included, 4.5 star hotel for 2 weeks at a total of £4,200 for two. Sounds a lot until you factor in the fact that booking the Etihad flights alone with the airline would have cost £5,400 !! We booked through an agency who put the package together for us. ( THG in Swansea, UK )

VERY happy with the Bangkok Airlines service.
        Brian, not having a shot at you mate, but on the one hand you complain about the poor pay you guys receive, on the other you seem to travel an awful lot in First or Business... Are many of your flights paid for by work or for business purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
          Brian, not having a shot at you mate, but on the one hand you complain about the poor pay you guys receive, on the other you seem to travel an awful lot in First or Business... Are many of your flights paid for by work or for business purposes?

Neither....we just work bucket loads of overtime to pay for decent holidays. Might as well do it while we can. And Business is the highest grade we ever go.
          First is waaaaaaay out of our pocket.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
          X