This season's F1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season's F1?

There were lots of controversies last year between F1 teams and F1 federation.I wonder how it will go this time.By the way,it's good to see Micheal Schumacher in the driver seat.

With no refuelling, tyre changing only and cars carrying up to 250 litres of fuel instead of the 80 litres of last year ?

Personally, I'm worried. The fuel tanks had better be good and strong because an extra 170 litres of fuel carries an awful lot of kinetic energy in a crash.

I hope to God we don't get any repeats of Jo Siffert, Roger Williamson or Niki Lauda because 393 lbs of fuel in a fully fuelled car is a lot of fire.

As for Schumacher coming back ? Well, I remember Nigel Mansells' comeback and what a disaster that was. It will be interesting to see him up against Hamilton, Button, Vettel et al though. What a shame that we can't get Ayrton Senna back, that would be SOME season !!
    Last edited by brianw999; 2010-01-30, 14:58.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

It should be great, I dont think the depth of talent is as good as in the day of Senna, Prost, Mansell etc. I think there is a good chance he will walk away with the title.

Comment

Mark Webber will be the 2010 F1 champ. (I have to say that, I'm an Aussie living in his old home town!)

Comment

Is it that time of year already?!

Where will USF1 finish?

Lots of changes in the driver line up, I will have to start paying attention.

Comment

Hard to say. Just from a drivers perspective, this season should be pretty darn interesting, with Hamilton, Button, Vettel, Alonso and Schumi all being title favorites, IMHO. That said, with the rules of F1 changing on a pretty much daily basis depending on whether it's that time of the month gain for Bernie, I expect lots of chaos as well.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              With no refuelling, tyre changing only and cars carrying up to 250 litres of fuel instead of the 80 litres of last year ?

Personally, I'm worried. The fuel tanks had better be good and strong because an extra 170 litres of fuel carries an awful lot of kinetic energy in a crash.

I hope to God we don't get any repeats of Jo Siffert, Roger Williamson or Niki Lauda because 393 lbs of fuel in a fully fuelled car is a lot of fire.

As for Schumacher coming back ? Well, I remember Nigel Mansells' comeback and what a disaster that was. It will be interesting to see him up against Hamilton, Button, Vettel et al though. What a shame that we can't get Ayrton Senna back, that would be SOME season !!
              I donīt think the risk is so great, the last big fires where during refueling. No refueling races been very clean when it comes to fires.
              As for Red Barons return, I think he will grabb a few podiums this year, but no wins.
              "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
                Mark Webber will be the 2010 F1 champ. (I have to say that, I'm an Aussie living in his old home town!)
                We won't hold that fact (being an Aussie) against you, just keep taking the pills........
                RobB

Comment

Originally posted by RobinB View Post
                  We won't hold that fact (being an Aussie) against you, just keep taking the pills........
                  As my straightjacket is on too tight, the obliging fellows in the white coats bring them to me so I don't forget. Neat huh!

Comment

I gotta think Schumacher has a good chance of possibly winning another championship not just because in my opinion he's the greatest f1 driver ever, but he has Ross Brawn behind him. Wherever Ross has basicly been, he's brought the team a championship, obviosly the ones with Schumacher and Ferrari and of course last year with Button. It'll be interesting to see Button and Hamilton on the same team, I could see possible conflict between the two as both have won championships and are very competitive, hopefully it doesn't turn out like when Alonso joined the team. It's rather interesting to see Alonso in Ferrari red, never would have imagined that, should have stayed with Renault. I would rather like to hear who's on the US team with rumers of Danica Patrick being a driver, who knows, cool that Peter Windsor is behind the US team. As for the ever-changing rules in F1, who knows, I rather miss the good old days of the V-10 engines and michilen vs. bridgestone tires competition.
                    what ever happens......happens

Comment

Working...
                    X