Airliners.net vs. Jetphotos.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airliners.net vs. Jetphotos.net

Why is there a fee for Airliners.net when it is essentially the same as Jetphotos.net?

On Airliners.net everything else is free. Free grog, full service food, and free IFE (very pretty hosties too). I've found I've had to pay for food here and the beef was tough.

Comment

JP is Ryanair of the photography world, cheap cheerful and beloved by those who follow the system properly.

ANET is the British Airways of photography, expensive, disliked shit basically.

RT

Comment

Let's give it some hours before it gets out of hands. Your choice, fellas ....
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
          JP is Ryanair of the photography world, cheap cheerful and beloved by those who follow the system properly.

ANET is the British Airways of photography, expensive, disliked shit basically.

RT
          Let's not get too into slagging other sites off. Everyone uploads to different sites for different reasons and it's their choice to show their work wherever they like. It doesn't matter one iota if you think they're shit, there are plenty of people who disagree.

I have to say though, saying JP is the Ryanair of the aviation photography world could be taken as extremely insulting by some.

Paul
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post

I have to say though, saying JP is the Ryanair of the aviation photography world could be taken as extremely insulting by some.

Paul
            Agreed.....Give me BA over Blarneyair anytime.

Do you have to pay to upload to A-Net now?
            Last edited by cja; 2010-02-01, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              Let's give it some hours before it gets out of hands. Your choice, fellas ....
              Very lenient today, are we ? Anyway, if we let it stay, the OTF sounds like a more appropriate place. Could at least provide us with some entertainment before all hell breaks lose...

Comment

They have an interesting Home Page today which is causing a few complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by cja View Post
                  They have an interesting Home Page today which is causing a few complaints.
                  I will never look at an Acura with the same eyes again

Roel.

Comment

Let's not get too into slagging other sites off. Everyone uploads to different sites for different reasons and it's their choice to show their work wherever they like. It doesn't matter one iota if you think they're shit, there are plenty of people who disagree.

Paul
                    Paul,
                    I agree completely agree, for me JP is the way forward, I do respect other photographers who use whatever site.

Being called Ryanair could be considered an insult, but look at what Ryanair created from nothing, same story here 50 dedicated staff and the largest site in the world, it may not be to everyone's taste but it suits mine down to Kingdom come.
                    RT

Comment

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
                      it may not be to everyone's taste but it suits mine down to Kingdom come.
                      You're not a Ryanair fan are you? We'd never have known!
                      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
                        Very lenient today, are we ? Anyway, if we let it stay, the OTF sounds like a more appropriate place. Could at least provide us with some entertainment before all hell breaks lose...
                        Lenient? You know, one good deed every day and yaddayaddayadda ...

And agree 100%, let's enjoy some entertainment ...
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

The saddest thing is....

I read all the above....

....and then went to Anet to see what all the fuss is about

Mind you, perfect homepage for most Anet users. I can just see it now.....

( visualise someone leaning forward into their monitor, staring intently, knuckles going white on the mouse, tongue slightly stuck out. Got the image ? right, I'll continue )

Theyre thinking "right then, lets go to the forums".....

Click.

"Sod it, missed......Honda ??"

"OK then, I'll search for a picture"

Click.

"Sod it, missed......Honda ??"

etc. etc. etc.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You're not a Ryanair fan are you? We'd never have known!
                            I do like to make it discrete. lol
                            RT

Comment

Today's fiasco at a.net has been the best advertising for jp.net I've ever seen. While its going to be difficult, Im going to be looking long at hard towards making the switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X