No announcement yet.

Airliners.net vs. Jetphotos.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP screeners are far easier to bribe, it's a winner for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
      JP screeners are far easier to bribe, it's a winner for me.
      We can be, but you have to be careful to not overstep the mark. I sent the heavies round to see the last guy who took the piss out of our little "agreement"; he sent Carlsberg instead of Heineken. I was seriously unamused.
      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins View Post
        I'm on the other side of the fence regarding this issue. There is a higher level of activity at a.net and I feel that, with the increased user base, there is more knowledge associated with that. I came over here from ad.com and immediately noticed that the topics hardly moved.

Now, I still come here because I feel like I can contribute without immediately getting my head chewed off if I make an error.
        The forum is an advantage for a.net. No doubt about it. The aviation photography related forums are more busy, but I think you get better help here. The aviation forums are obvioulsy much more alive. On the other hand moderating that must be a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          On the other hand moderating that must be a bitch.

They have girls working there now? -- Its probably a time of the month thing then.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
            The forum is an advantage for a.net. No doubt about it. The aviation photography related forums are more busy, but I think you get better help here. The aviation forums are obvioulsy much more alive. On the other hand moderating that must be a bitch.
            Moderating the A.net forum was a full time job Loads of reading, loads of emails and comlaints and of course you are always the bad guy *lol* But it was quite interesting as well as you were reading basically in all threads and you were up to date.
            But what happens regularly is that people told me how to do my pilot job. You know, I have my rules, handbooks etc how I do my job and it is always interesting to see that someone who is no pilot knows it all better.
            The forum here is less active and you see pretty much the same guys posting. But therefore it is easier to follow

Comment

so basically it's a money making thing then? personally, i don't see the justification of paying for basically what is exactly the same as j_.net

Comment

AFAIK, uploading photos at A.net is still for free (correct me if I'm wrong). Both A.net and JP.net have different service levels for paying and non paying members. Couldn't tell the differences though, as I have grandfathered rights over there and crew benefits here
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I think both sites have their advantages and disadvantages but both can be used fo free to an acceptable extend.

I keep uploading to both.
                  greetings,
                  Philip

Comment

Originally posted by WILCO737 View Post
                    ut what happens regularly is that people told me how to do my pilot job. You know, I have my rules, handbooks etc how I do my job and it is always interesting to see that someone who is no pilot knows it all better.
                    I think that is not a typical situation of an aviation forum. you do find it in all kind of forums around the www that so called professionals or insiders often think they know it better than thereal professionals.

personally speaking, I enyoy having professionals like you on board this forum that really can contribute an real answer to specific questions and although I am not big in photographs, I really enjoy all your pictures that you have uploaded here. Not only that they are in a brilliant quality, they also give the user a smart inside view behind the real scenes .
                    Ciao,
                    Jason

Comment

The biggest difference, people here actually have a chance to get photos accepted.

On A.net, you'll likely end up getting an e-mail saying something to the effect of "Please don't upload anything else as you're wasting our time."

And yes, some smart a*s screener sent me an e-mail like this several years ago and I have never uploaded there again.

Comment

I stopped up-loading when I became a screener here. Not only do I want to support jp.net to 100%, but also my rejection rate over there weht from 40% to a constant 100%, when the pics where on jp.net already.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                          On A.net, you'll likely end up getting an e-mail saying something to the effect of "Please don't upload anything else as you're wasting our time."
                          Yep, and there common photo rejection basically means piss off that picture sucks!

Comment

It went downhill very fast after Johan sold it, so I cancelled my account.
                            I had the highest number of posts with 0 respect rating, something I´m proud of...
                            "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

I had approx 2400 pics on anet but got them deleted shortly after Demandmedia bought it -the new terms & conditions were not acceptable to myself and a lot of other photographers. The first set were just a joke in that photographers lost the copyright on their images something which is totally unacceptable. This 'image grab' was watered down slightly in the 2nd set but still left (in my opinion) big gaps in the photographers ability to determine what the pictures would be used for. The site was also getting very uptight and inconsistent about aircraft manufacturers and would change information on images without consultation. In short it was no longer fun uploading there. To me anet was like ryanair - expensive if you want anything other than basic service and a mangement that did not listen to or care about the people that used and contributed to the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X