Time of birth:23:45
    Place of birth Kerkrade,Limburg,The Netherlands

Leave a comment:

• b777
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaRules
    Originally posted by b777
    Give me 7 1/2 hours (from 9/20 @ 4:30pm) & I'll be 16!

DeltaRules
    Happy birthday! Today is my birthday . I turn 22.

James
    Thanks (to you & Kat) for acknowledging it! Hope you had a good one!
    DeltaRules
    I went spotting & photographing at Charlotte ! Thanks to you & Kat also!

James

Leave a comment:

• philb
    replied
    Even in the 1950s and 1960s it would have been very unusual for any flight school in the UK to exchange lessons for work.

I assume for you the hobby grew from being around aircraft and your desire to learn to fly whereas many of my generation in the UK ended up working at various jobs in aviation because they were aircraft nuts.

The classic example of this is Sir Michael Bishop, Chairman of BMI, who was spotting at Manchester in the 1950s, like the rest of us cycling to a field at the end of the runway, kicking a ball around in the (many) quiet periods and, like some of us, working summer holidays at an airport. In his case he got a job with Mercury Airlines. Mercury was taken over by the expanding British Midland and the rest, as they say, is history

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    In the old days kids who used to hang around airports in the US went because they wanted to learn to fly or be a mechanic.
    I dunno Phil, I used to go to the airport just to watch for a long time. I had an intern/job at a Flight School here for 2 years, I washed planes and cleaned their offices in exchange for flight lessons and ramp access. I've only been into this photography hobby since December 02'.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• ReachForTheStars
    replied
    I'm 19.
    I'll be 20 in seven days. (That's September 30th)

Leave a comment:

• DeltaRules
    replied
    Originally posted by b777
    Give me 7 1/2 hours (from 9/20 @ 4:30pm) & I'll be 16!

DeltaRules
    Happy birthday! Today is my birthday . I turn 22.

James
    Thanks (to you & Kat) for acknowledging it! Hope you had a good one!
    DeltaRules

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    I am 21 years old!

Good times!!!!!

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• philb
    replied
    Funny how aircraft spotting/photography is a young person's interest in the US. In the old days kids who used to hang around airports in the US went because they wanted to learn to fly or be a mechanic. It is only in the last 20 years or so that photography and spotting has become a (barely) recognised hobby.

I saw my first jet aircraft in 1952 at Manchester (a Royal Auxiliary Air Force Vampire), logged my first reg in July 1956, G-AGYP an Auster Autocrat belonging to Airviews Manchester, underlining it in J W R Taylor's ABC Civil Aircraft Markings (which did more to encourage spotting in the UK than anything else - John was to become a good friend in the last years of his life) took my first aircraft photo at Prestwick in October 1958 (an Interocean DC4 - I wish I still had it), saw my first 707 on the ground at Manchester in 1960 (Sabena) though Pan Am overflights had been seen for about a year previously.

As my parents had no interest in aviation or any wish to fly anywhere, I had to wait until August 1962 for my first flight in a DHC1 Chipmunk at RAF Kinloss.

At 56, I've still plenty of things I still want to do in the hobby, places I want to visit and aircraft I want to fly in.

Unfortunately restrictions, which have been growing since the early 1970s, have made the hobby much harder even for an oldie like me with some excellent industry contacts around the world, but there is still nothing like a day by a runway come rain or shine , the smell of Jet A1 and the constant anticipation that something new, rare or just different will appear.

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    Originally posted by SammyTheG
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    March 13th 1986

-Clovis
    Really? You seem much older than some around here. Congrats

I'm sry.

Leave a comment:

• SammyTheG
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    March 13th 1986

-Clovis
    Really? You seem much older than some around here. Congrats

Gees..I was prolly playing with GI Joes the day you were born.....Well...I was playin with GI Joes yesterday too

Leave a comment:

• Cubana
    replied
    If we added all our ages, we will be 720 years old.

Age average is 18.94 years old.

I'm 15. Born August 9th, 1988.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    I'm sure some people like ahem...smaller things (once again, in more ways than one)!

Well, I guess I rank close to the average here...
    I'm 15 years old, and come January 23, I shall be 16. Sadly enough, I don't even have my learner's permit yet. I have to sit with my friends as they talk about how fun their drive to Tennessee was..

Leave a comment:

• jwenting
    replied
    Good to see I'm not the oldest at 32 (33 come Januari 2004).

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    I'm only 13. I think I'm the youngest one here!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X