Ads that scare the #$%& of out people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads that scare the #$%& of out people

So, I am just sitting here, merrily reading, and all of the sudden, even though I am by myself someone yells, 'Helllooooooo!!!' and "OHMYGOD!" I jump out of my chair and nearly have a heart attack.

This is a great way to get people to sign up for ad-free service.
    I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

I've had those adverts on a couple of other sites and almost shat myself when the voice came through my headphones 16dB louder than my music. Extremely annoying!
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Ad Block Plus will destroy those nasty smilies once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Myndee View Post
        So, I am just sitting here, merrily reading, and all of the sudden, even though I am by myself someone yells, 'Helllooooooo!!!' and "OHMYGOD!" I jump out of my chair and nearly have a heart attack.

This is a great way to get people to sign up for ad-free service.
        Got that one, too. Learned the sound comes out when you pass your mouse pointer over one of the smilies.

Comment

I've had the same one pop out too. When you have like full volume and goes Helooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it does scare the hell out of ya
          Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins View Post
            Ad Block Plus will destroy those nasty smilies once and for all.
            Would definitely recommend this.
            As well as No-Script. Both definitely make for a much safer internet browsing experience.

Comment

I guess I really need to use my firefox more. Adblock Plus apparently doesn't work with Windows.
              I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Originally posted by Myndee View Post
                I guess I really need to use my firefox more. Adblock Plus apparently doesn't work with Windows.
                Naw, both it and NoScript are for Firefox. I'm sure you could find something similar for IE if you did a bit of searching.

Comment

Working...
                X