Snowing in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowing in Texas

This is the second snow event since Christmas, and we usually only get ice storms here. Wow.
    I live near DFW and I don't hear anything in the sky.
    I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

5.7 inches of snow and still snowing at DFW. Deiceing nightmare.
    I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Don't know what is better... 23°C, 88% humidity in the air and some rain in Sao Paolo (I just looked that up), or -5°C and snow which I get if I opened the window.
      Well, after 1 second I tend to like the 23°C more than the -5°C.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

It's just a big deal for us here because it hasn't snowed near this much since 1978 and we broke a record today. The kids enjoyed sledding (on whatever hills we have here) and building snowmen, so that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Myndee View Post
          5.7 inches of snow and still snowing at DFW. Deiceing nightmare.
          That's more then we have in Canada....

Nehal

Comment

Originally posted by C-FMWQ View Post
            That's more then we have in Canada....

Nehal
            Speak for yourself. I have a good 3 feet in my yard here in Edmonton. LOL
            Who's on first?..........

Comment

Originally posted by canair67 View Post
              Speak for yourself. I have a good 3 feet in my yard here in Edmonton. LOL
              In Toronto, there is enough that you can still see some grass. It is February and we haven't even gotten a snow storm.

Nehal

Comment

Originally posted by C-FMWQ View Post
                In Toronto, there is enough that you can still see some grass. It is February and we haven't even gotten a snow storm.

Nehal
                We'll trade ya!!! I can't imagine the gridlock in a city un accustomed to this type of weather. We laugh at it here.
                Who's on first?..........

Comment

Originally posted by sdcards
                  Put your demands to God, Will give you what you want to have.
                  I'm still waiting for that bonefide F/A 18 I asked God for when I was ten...

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
                    I'm still waiting for that bonefide F/A 18 I asked God for when I was ten...
                    yeah i hear ya Ill try to get you that as soon as possible.
                    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by canair67 View Post
                      We'll trade ya!!! I can't imagine the gridlock in a city un accustomed to this type of weather. We laugh at it here.
                      Heard of some gridlock in front of (closed) observer deck doors. Why that? Well, they close the observer decks or don't even open it on bad weather days, especially when they note snow or black ice on the obs. deck floor.
                      And probably they do a good thing when they close it in icy situations.
                      But you may feel like a fool if you perform a trip of some minutes to the airport to especially go to the obs. deck and you stand in front of closed doors.
                      So why can't we have some kind of online monitor for obs. deck doors which simply says a green "open" sign when it's open, and, yes a red "closed" sign when it's closed?

Weird (?) ideas like this come to my mind this freezing night, ... still and again -5°C .
                      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
                      X