Is PAYPAL a good service??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PAYPAL a good service??

A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Nobody gets access to my banking information, I don't care how secure they claim to be.

Comment

Used it for years and have never had any problems whatsoever.
      Who's on first?..........

Comment

Clearly not homeless enough to be without a bank account.

I love Paypal personally, makes doing business worldwide exceptionally easy.

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
          Clearly not homeless enough to be without a bank account.

I love Paypal personally, makes doing business worldwide exceptionally easy.

^^^What he said
          ***My Blog***

Comment

Don't know about the bank account. I suppose a guy could get a free account using some lent address, such as a homeless shelter. But I know the email in no problem. For about ten years, having email has been easier than having a roof over your head where I live. There is free access to lots of computers with internet connections. Homeless people can access these computers when other people are tied up other places. Such a weird word, where email is the easiest thing.

By the way, I've used Paypal. Does work smoothly for some things. But I tried to use it to move money between banks, and it was lousy for that. I'd rather wait in a teller line than wait for Paypal to do it. With the ACH dating back to the 70's, I can't really understand what slows things up, but it sure does. I'm not sure, but I'm suspicious this is how they get you to upgrade your account.

But as a way to pay for online auctions, 1st class!

Comment

I've used PayPal since before eBay bought it, never had a problem. It's attached to my Canadian bank account and credit card, I receive money for fees and pay for items on eBay and other wise, when there is a surplus I transfer to my bank account (they won't let me transfer to my credit card, but it is the default source of funds if I pay for something and there is not enough in the PayPal account).

Never had the slightest problem, but I use a discrete (separate) email address for PayPal than my private address for anti-SPAM reasons.

I started using it because the monopoly-loving financial and business people here in Canada basically wanted me to mortgage my house to pay them for the privilege of having an on-line credit car merchant account for my tiny miniscule home business - lots of middle-men, mandatory and unnecessary machine purchases, idiot fees and additional bullshit charges.... I told them where they could stuff it and signed up for PayPal. Then eBay bought it and the confidence factor skyrocketed.

PayPal is a good thing. Go for it.

Comment

I think Paypal is a godsend for someone trying to run a small retail business in the home. One of the better inventions on the Web.

Comment

Working...
                X