GOP frontrunner for 2012...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP frontrunner for 2012...

I know that it is a bit early to think about these things, but who do you think will be the GOP frontrunner (for the Presidential Candidacy) in the 2012 election. I know that we have quite some time to go, and in the upcoming run we are likely to learn more about each candidate (i.e. scandals emerge, moments made and the like), but who do you think is going to be pushed forward?
    Mitt Romney
    0.00%
    Bobby Jindal
    0.00%
    Ron Paul
    0.00%
    Sarah Palin
    0.00%
    Charlie Crist
    0.00%
    Tim Pawlenty
    0.00%
    A New Maverick...
    100.00%
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

I hope to god sarah palin doesnt run/win.Then we'd be be down #$%^ creek without a padle....
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

In all likelihood, it is someone no one has seriously mentioned yet, probably a current governor. It won't really start to become clear for about another year. By then there will be some idea of who actually has a chance to win the nomination.

Mitt Romney- Too much baggage to win in the primary (abortion and especially Romneycare).

Bobby Jindal- Too young and has made his fair share of gaffs which would hurt in both the primaries and general. Perhaps if he completes two full terms as Louisiana's governor and really does clean up the state he will be a potential candidate in 2016 or 2020.

Ron Paul- Good @ making noise at straw polls because he buses in hundreds of supporters, but will never come within a thousand miles of the Republican nomination. Remember, he really isn't a Republican but a Libertarian who runs as a Republican in order to win his House seat.

Sarah Palin- Damaged goods, mostly thanks to the media's incessant, and often deliberately distorted attacks. However, she may have a chance depending on where Obama is in 2012. At least she's nice to look at.

Charlie Crist- Too liberal to win with the GOP base, and his recent antics in Florida will not help. He will likely loose the GOP primary for the open Senate seat.

Tim Pawlenty- Of the people on the list, probably has the best chance as he is a fiscal conservative and that is going to be the #1 issue in 2012. However, he is not yet well known enough to win the nomination.

Comment

How about a choice for "couldn't care less?" Until the Republicans show they can do anything but object to everything they don't have a chance, despite all the tea party noise, which is just that. Michael Steele? What a doof.

Comment

Working...
        X