X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not gay but g0y

New movement for men especially closeted ones, check their site g0ys.org

Why ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Why ?
      Concur!
      Who's on first?..........

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Why ?
        I was gonna say that yesterday but I thought it would offend someone.
        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Don't mess with bears.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
            Don't mess with bears.
            I thought you said beers at first then. I was going to point out that messing with my beers wouldn't be a good idea.
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

I understand how this would seem valid given the following circumstances:

- Their strong "anti-anal" stance would be in line with a strict interpretation of the laws of Abrahamic religions, as well as maintain the sanctity of a man's masculinity. In other words, it would be a product of its society ( the author holds dear the idea of conforming to Torahic principles), and would probably find resonance in men that are perhaps straddling the line in ethnically, culturally and religiously subscribing societies of Abrahamic religions yet not in the thick of nations where strict laws apply to censor their behavior.

- There are a lot of 'gay' men that do not engage in anal sex and find the practice displeasing, and/or immoral. Being a bottom is only now becoming of greater acceptance in the community - that said - there is still a shame associated with being a bottom, as well as 'bottom hate'. Sadly, we have not been able (as a society at large, and even within the LGBT community) to uncouple the idea of all bottoms being effeminate and vice versa.

- Most men are 'interested in other men'. I know that I am going to pick up quite a lot of flack for that, but I honestly believe it to be true within certain reasons. For most men, the simple thought of being with another guy is something that is not publicly admittable, and/or acceptable. Honestly though, and I have spoken about this with quite a few of my close, male, heterosexual friends on the topic - they have considered 'being intimate' with another man (that definition is quite varied). I think that if we ever come to terms with that we might be able to see that sexuality is quite fluid, and not as static as we would love to believe. Perhaps as we advance as societies and we have greater representation of the LGBT community, we will see greater acceptance of the many ranges of that spectrum. I, for one, can attest to the fact that some of the stereotypes perpetrated (and/or not challenged) do tarnish the LGBT community as a whole. When the average person thinks of the word "Gay" they often assume a handsome, fit, young, promiscuous, progressive, relatively wealthy, Caucasian male. In reality, there are so many more that cannot fit that mold, but yet are proud and productive members of the community. On another note, I absolutely despise the fact that there are not enough positive role models of bi-sexual men out there. It's the one part of the LGBT community that I think gets the least representation (and perhaps, with better representation, could be better received by the non-LGBT community - much as this site is advocating) and yet currently receives the least in the way of empathy. Most gay men that I have spoken to abhor and reject the idea of bisexuality ('bi today, gay tomorrow'). Most 'straight' men see us as queer. If only we could uncouple the stereotypes and perhaps move past the archaic views of 'either, or' then we could do well. As with other gay advocacy sites that I have seen, the same Kinsley scale is displayed. While I believe the findings to be accurate, so many sites use it to their advantage that it becomes disheartening at times.

To play devils advocate;

This seems like 'gay lite'.

The way that the article is written, it denounces anal-sex, but begs the question in other parts. Case in point:

After all, you have no desire to put anything up the other guy's arse, but the fact remains that you'd majorly enjoy cuddling up with the dude; - slow rubb'n on him & seeing where it leads.
              It might find resonance in not-so-conservative persons that are still trying to bridge the gap between their formal ties to religion and other ties to themselves, and while that is great - I highly doubt that they will find the acceptance that they are hoping for from mainstream societies (such as the LGBT community and/or the Heterosexual societies). There is simply not that much understanding of the topic yet and until there is, splintering off of the main topic leader this early in the game is highly likely to prove detrimental to both the main topic leader as well as the individual movement.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Proudly performing RHD-to-LHD conversions since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                  I understand how this would seem valid given the following circumstances:
                  No need to quote the rest, but very thoughtfully written and presented.

Comment

can anyone explain to me what this thread is about?

leo

Comment

Originally posted by leon View Post
                      can anyone explain to me what this thread is about?
                      Sure. LGBT stands for "lettuce, guacamole, bacon, tomato." Yum.
                      Proudly performing RHD-to-LHD conversions since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Horscht View Post
                        Sure. LGBT stands for "lettuce, guacamole, bacon, tomato." Yum.
                        that sounds pretty good actually, a little fruit, vegetable and meat...needs some hot sauce though

leo

Comment

Working...
                        X