New immagration bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New immagration bill

Anybody heard about the Ari. governers bill?Its the right to stop/pull over anybody that could be an illegal immagrant and ask for proof of citizenship.Do you think its right or wrong??I say its right.
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

What's an "immagrant"?

Comment

Here's my question: How is this "new"? Where I live, if the cop turns on his flashing lights and tells you on the bull horn to pull over, first thing he says as he arrives at your car window is "I need to see your identification". Hasn't that been standard everywhere for decades? Are there states where cops don't ask for any kind of ID on a stop?

Comment

Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
        Here's my question: How is this "new"? Where I live, if the cop turns on his flashing lights and tells you on the bull horn to pull over, first thing he says as he arrives at your car window is "I need to see your identification". Hasn't that been standard everywhere for decades? Are there states where cops don't ask for any kind of ID on a stop?
        I'm assuming that everytime someone hands over a foreign drivers license or passport counts as ID though, however, it doesnt prove that you have a right to be in the country.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

just read the story here:

Comment

This law simply states that it will now be illegal to be in the country (i.e., in Arizona) illegally. It sounds like the citizens of Arizona just got tired of waiting on the US government to stop looking the other way when someone breaks the law. What is the world coming to?
            AirRabbit

Comment

Well,there are a lot of people calling it racist.I remember a story in the news a year or 2 ago where this guy put up a sign at his retraunt that said:Must speak english to order.I thought that was racist but,I mean,its our country.If they are in our country they should speak our language.And if we were in their country we'd have to speak their language.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                I'm assuming that everytime someone hands over a foreign drivers license or passport counts as ID though, however, it doesnt prove that you have a right to be in the country.
                OK, that's progress. But if the aim is to prove the right to be in the country, won't that necessitate something more or different from asking for ID. How would YOU prove you have a right to be in the country?

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                  Well,there are a lot of people calling it racist.I remember a story in the news a year or 2 ago where this guy put up a sign at his retraunt that said:Must speak english to order.I thought that was racist but,I mean,its our country.If they are in our country they should speak our language.And if we were in their country we'd have to speak their language.
                  I'm about to go to the Czech Republic for three weeks. I don't speak Czech. I'll be eating in many restaurants. Should I be required to go hungry? I'll be there legally by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
                    I'm about to go to the Czech Republic for three weeks. I don't speak Czech. I'll be eating in many restaurants. Should I be required to go hungry? I'll be there legally by the way.
                    Its 2 different things,visiting and staying there illegally.If your visiting,you have a right to not know the langugage,but if your staying there illegally they should at least speak english

Comment

Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
                      OK, that's progress. But if the aim is to prove the right to be in the country, won't that necessitate something more or different from asking for ID. How would YOU prove you have a right to be in the country?
                      I think virtually every 'full' driver license in the US nowadays is issued on the basis of prior proof that the holder is a legal resident. Right ? So they are good start. I say 'full' because I think there are some states issuing some types of driver licenses to illegal aliens just for safety/driving competency reasons, but I think these are marked to indicate as such.

Comment

...but if your staying there illegally they should at least speak english
                        The Czechs should speak English ?

Comment

If they are in our country they should speak our language.
                          But I think I'm right that the US doesn't have a national language ?

Comment

Its 2 different things,visiting and staying there illegally.If your visiting,you have a right to not know the langugage,but if your staying there illegally they should at least speak english
                            That's not what you said in your original post. Think.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                              But I think I'm right that the US doesn't have a national language ?
                              Yes, you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X