Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel so stupid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by DeltaASA16



    Dammit, someone's gone and stolen what I stole earlier! :P

    Leave a comment:


  • NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    ATLCenter,

    For me and sparklers in India, Diwali comes to mind, and believe incidents such as your have happened to me on more than one occasion (you think you would learn after the first time, but no!!!) and despite the adreniline rush at the stir of the moment, you don't end up thinking straight. Luckily for both of us, no one was hurt and thats the main thing!!! Just learn from you mistakes, thats what I always say!

    -Pete

    Leave a comment:


  • ATLcenter
    replied
    Well, all I can say is that was one freak incident...
    Relax, I've done stupid things before....for example:

    FIREWORKS SPAWN STUPIDITY (Part I of --)

    This happened in india, where fireworks are not as reliable as in other places... My friends and I went out and bought several fireworks, and at night we decided to launch them. So we brought the candle out, and put it on a small mound of dirt, and then we brought out the fireworks. I lit the candle, and we started to open the packaging for the fireworks. After opening every pack, we looked at out loot: about 20 sparklers, 10 cherry bombs,2 rocket firecrackers, about 50 dynamite firecrackers, and a few spinning wheels, flower-pots, and the finale: a string of 100,000 small dynamite firecrackers woven together...

    We put all of it on the mound, and we started separating the firecrackers among the 6-7 of us...when we noticed that one of the sparklers had lit from the flame! Being the idiots that we were, we ran over, and started to try to put it out...but no avail. NO ONE THOUGHT OF PICKING UP THE LIT SPARKLER!!!

    Part II

    We decided to abandon ship when there were several sparklers lit, since we put them in a small heap... and we ran away. Everything lit on accident. Not one piece remained intact, and the rockets blasted towards a wall, which still has two small craters from where they hit it. We put out the fire with an extinguisher (this is rare in India, and none of us thought of using one...) So yeah. Our own carelessness made us pay a lot more for broken windows, walls, etc. My mom was so pissed as she paid it all off... the metal dish holding the candle was black and deformed when I recollected it.

    Tell me that is smart.....

    Leave a comment:


  • MauwieAir
    replied
    ouch that hurts!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeremy Frew
    replied
    double post

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeremy Frew
    replied
    Ouch . Be glad your house didn't burn down though...

    Leave a comment:


  • AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    I went and they gave me a bunch of instructions on how to keep it from getting an infection. I still can't figure out a reason why the candle would do that?

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffinDEN
    replied
    Not sure which is worse....doing what you did? Or telling everyone you did it?

    Leave a comment:


  • SWA733Captain
    replied
    That qualifies as "one of those days". Good time to just go to sleep and hope to be alert the next day

    Leave a comment:


  • Avianca 757
    replied
    I just got a teeth extracted today and it sucks...
    There are three left (damn....why weren't my parents genetically evolved so I didn't have to deal with this tooth that begin to annoy at ages 17 and above?)

    Leave a comment:


  • NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    I can't say that I have!



    Hope you feel better!

    Oh and go to the ER before it gets infected!
    Then you'll really have a problem on your hands!!!

    -Pete

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Pure Genious!




    DeltaASA16

    Leave a comment:


  • mikecweb
    replied
    Nope never

    Leave a comment:


  • AIRLNRGUY
    started a topic I feel so stupid

    I feel so stupid

    It was such a nice night tonight, so I was sitting outside, but the bugs were out and wanted to swarm around me, so went and got my citrunelic candle, it is in a metal dish with little handles. I lit it and forgot my drink inside. Seconds later, I came back to a candle that was fully engulfed in flames near my house! My first and stupid reaction was to get it away from the house. I should have known a metal container with large flames in it would be extremely hot, but common sense just wasn't there, I grabbed the handles with my thumb and index fingers and got the candle about 4 feet in the air and realized, it was very hot! Again, not using common sense, I continued to bring it farther up in the air instead of dropping it right there. I finally dropped it and spilled hot wax all over my right arm and sevrely burned my fingers. Right now I am blistering and deciding whether or not to go to the ER. Anyone else have these moments where you have not exercised common sense? It would make feel a little better to hear some other stories.
Working...
X