No announcement yet.

World Cup 2010 in South Africa !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmm....Germany beat Argentina 4-0 ?

England managed to at least put one goal past them.(actually 2, referee should have gone to Specsavers !!).

Food for thought ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• I've watched a little of the World Cup and I realize it's a great game. It takes tremendous skill and stamina to do this for 90 minutes. I think what Americans (or whoever says it's boring) might find more interesting would be more scoring. I see a 1-0 baseball score as a boring game but 7-5 can be very interesting. Or a 6-3 American football score as a waste of three hours. So the question I have is, would it make for a better "futbol" game if the goal was widened by 1/3 and harder to defend, thereby resulting in more scoring?

Comment

• So you really don't give Netherlands a chance of upsetting Germany?

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
          So you really don't give Netherlands a chance of upsetting Germany?
          The Netherlands have a good team, which belongs now to the four best teams in this championship. So I ask myself why not Netherlands? For me it is no problem seeing The Netherlands in the finals against another team. If the other team might be Germany I'm going to see headlines in the newspapers reminding us all of 1974, when Netherland and (Federal Republik) Germany met for the final match.

get FRA spotting informations here:
          www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

• History repeats after 36 years? That should make a good storyline.

Comment

• I feel the need of a goall!!!!.. Sweeettttt..
              sunglass displays -aviator sunglasses-sunglasses wholesale-polarized sunglasses

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
                History repeats after 36 years? That should make a good storyline.

I don't think that. Its another time, different teams. 1974 meant a peak for the German team and the Netherlands. Both teams were good, no doubt.
                In 1978 the German nearly new founded team had to start at zero-level and received suitable results.... while the Dutch team made up to the finals against Argentina.

Comment

• Originally posted by danilogarcia2787 View Post
                  I feel the need of a goall!!!!.. Sweeettttt..
                  I agree. Now about this problem with my eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    Hmmmmm....Germany beat Argentina 4-0 ?

England managed to at least put one goal past them.(actually 2, referee should have gone to Specsavers !!).

Food for thought ?
                    I see where you're going with this Brian... but I think the post match analysis (Eng v Ger) was correct.

Of course people are rightly recognising another great German team built on solid foundations, careful planning, strength of character, efficiency and disciplined teamwork and finished off with a searing cutting edge, but 4-1 as opposed to 4-0 doesn't imply that England weren't crap or that they might be a better side than Argentina.

True, England should have been at 2-2 and I was as disappointed as anyone and as astounded as the rest of the watching world when the 'no goal' decision was made but, as the much respected Lineker pointed out, "just think, it could have ended up 4-2".

I'm afarid there's no hope for England until the arrogant prima donnas realise that they get far too much money week in week out and that they really aren't that important in the grand sceme of things, as far as life and the world go. You never know, if they all understood that they might stand a chance of learning how to use their obvious talents as a service to their team mates instead of for the greater good of their own pride and limelight.

We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes, but any team who has a captain speaking to the press in the way JT did deserves no better and, of course, the performance against Germany wasn't the most woeful performance. JT's comments were made after one of the most insulting (and I don't use the word lightly) England performances of recent times while all they could muster against the smallest nation in the WC finals was 1-0. Enough said.

As far back as I can remember, there have always been general problems with attitude somewhere in the England set up / psyche. Maybe, just maybe, this year's farce might eventually bring the humility that's needed... although, based on past form, I wouldn't hold out too much hope. After all, there's always someone else to blame isn't there?

Sorry Brian... I'd love to see England fulfil their potential but the general trend since 1966 has been backwards (relative to progress elsewhere), save for a few short forward spikes and, with the global transfer market as we have these days where smaller nations have their best players playing in the top leagues abroad, I don't see it getting too much better.

A paradigm shift in mentality is long overdue.
                    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-07-05, 09:59. Reason: Spelling and context in last para. (in brackets)

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• It is not only England. Look at Italy, France, Brazil and even Argentina.

For many of the famous players the worldcup is simply not important. They make money with their clubs. The money they gain by winning the WC, is probably less than what they make in a month. Dropping out of the WC is porbably a few weeks of bad press, but I think it is acceptable when you are on holiday some place sunny, warm and expensive.

When the national leagues start again and they play well for their teams, the WC will be forgotten.

If you are Ronaldo it is not important how Portugal does. Just do not get hurt and make sure that the camera is on you, when you have the chance to take off your shirt.

Comment

• We are marching on !
                        Nobody will stop us , neither Spain or Holland !

The 4th star for giants Germany !!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cairns65 View Post
                          We are marching on !
                          Nobody will stop us , neither Spain or Holland !

The 4th star for giants Germany !!!!!!

Been looking in the crystal ball have we?.... this post might well come back and haunt you

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• fuehrious cairns - we don't want to rule the world. Its only fussball - nothing else. And if Spain or the Netherland should - in your words - stop us, I still will go on visiting Spain or The Netherlands in my holidays, while you apparently hide yourself in your cosy little bunkerr until the next soccer-war will start.

Comment

• Yes, from all possible opponents the Dutch and the Spanish are 2 countries I could easily go and celebrate theri victory over Germany with.

Is their a english word for "fremdschämen"?

Comment

• Originally posted by DAIRD View Post
                                fuehrious cairns - we don't want to rule the world. Its only fussball - nothing else. And if Spain or the Netherland should - in your words - stop us, I still will go on visiting Spain or The Netherlands in my holidays, while you apparently hide yourself in your cosy little bunkerr until the next soccer-war will start.

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                                Yes, from all possible opponents the Dutch and the Spanish are 2 countries I could easily go and celebrate theri victory over Germany with.

Is their a english word for "fremdschämen"?
                                depends on what fremdschamen means
                                August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X