Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROS1969
    Airigami,

How 'bout this instead: Every foreigner who immigrates (especially the illegals) to the USA and bitches about it here gets a one way ticket back to his homeland and is barred from this Nation for good!!! If ya don't like here-leave!!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Delta is ready when you are.

Sure some US states are more scenic than others (California vs Nebraska or NJ). The Dakotas have some spectacular scenery (at least South Dakota does). The Black Hills and Mt Rushmore come to mind. If you were to look beyond the end of your nose you would see that every state in the Union has some historical or naturally redeeming attribute. Be it scenic parks, museums, ect. No where else on Earth does a nation have extensive mountain ranges, vast forests, prairies/grasslands, coastal beaches like here in the US. One can ski in Colorado or sunbathe in Florida in the same week. Take an extensive road trip and you will see.

Having a foreigner come to this country and suggest we expell a certain state is for such a stupid reason is truly assinine. How about we expell the UN instead and cut off their funding? No more foreign aid!

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, Popeye...
    Wow, the person with 27 posts to their name really knows how to burst onto the forum in style.

People like you really make this forum a wonderful place. It seems you are the only person so far who has not bothered to read either my originating post or any of the subsequent posts to any degree of detail. To quote myself:
    Originally posted by Airigami
    If you were able to get rid of a state or a province in your country, which would it be and why? (Remember, this thread is to be taken in good spirits).
    Take note - "Remember, this thread is to be taken in good spirits." This is a JOKE. Of course I don't really think we should get rid of Qld, NJ, SD, ND or TX. (Especially the fact that even if we did expel NJ, it wouldn't actually cut the travel time from DC to NY, because it would not actually move NY any more physically closer to DC - comedy does not always rely on reality). This is meant to be a fun thread, a detail which you seem to be the only person so far to overlook. Also, take note that I included Queensland, a state from my own country. Another reply included a state from India. This is not intended to be a US-bashing thread. Also, take note of something else - I mentioned my "home" states so anyone would be free to make fun of me, too. Would I do that if I was serious?

But, to be quite honest, if I gave a cr@p about what you thought, I might be mildly offended. Yes, I was born overseas, in a country that is not at all unlike this one. But my home is in the United States. I get homesick whenever I leave Washington (even if it is when I return to my birthplace and where my family lives in Adelaide). I am married to an American. All my friends are American.

And the last time I checked, U.S. Courts had settled that satire was protected under the First Amendment. To quote from an excellent book, "Lies (And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them)" by Al Franken (he's actually talking about liberals v conservatives, but I've slightly altered it to apply to you):
    Originally posted by Al Franken
    [People like you] don't get it. We love America just as much as [you] do. But in a different way. You see, [you] love America the way a four-year-old loves her mommy. Liberals love America like grown-ups. To a four-year-old, everything Mommy does is wonderful and anyone who criticizes Mommy is bad. Grown-up love means actually understanding what you love, taking the good with the bad, and helping your loved one grow.
    And I America!
    AIRIGAMI.NET
    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Shithole Florida....Sunshine state my ass.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

All Liberals love America... What the hell have you been smoking??? Are you really serious?? Sure, some liberals do love this country-they are free to do so. Some liberals, however are very much stand against everything this nation atands for. Who are they? The ones who express their opinions by cursing US servicemen, burn the flag, and scream obscenities at our veterans.

Funny how you being a foreigner judges my patriotism and ASSume I'm a conservative just for expressing MY point of view-which I am given the right through the 1st amendment. You know nothing about my political views.

This isn't a liberal/conservative issue-no matter how much you want it to be such. This is about a whining foreigner (that's you, Gillligan) who suggests that certain parts of the US are worthless and should be "cast off". What a crock of horsesh*t!!!!

Not too many conservatives fall into that assinine "Mommy" analogy you used. They can think for themselves.

I DON'T think this nation is infalluable. Do we make mistakes? Of course we do. We've done it in the past, and we (hopefully) learn from them. We have made some terrible blunders. But we also have risen from a fledgling 13 colonies turned states to being a world superpower in roughly 170 years. (1776-1945). We (along with the British in the Euro theater, and Austalian forces in the South Pacific) defeated world Axis powers (Germany) in TWO world wars. WWII was probably the pivotal point in world history which set the course of currect world events for many years to follow. We've landed on the Moon successfully six times between 1969-1972, yet nearly lost the men on Apollo 13 in 1970.

Now go back to watching Springer where it appears you obtain your vast intellect and knowledge.
        Attitude is as important as altitude...

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
          Rednecks
          Anytime you ####### Caliphoney.........!

How the hell did you become a screener anyways?

Thomas
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Re: A Better idea...

Airigami,

How 'bout this instead: Every foreigner who immigrates (especially the illegals) to the USA and bitches about it here gets a one way ticket back to his homeland and is barred from this Nation for good!!! If ya don't like here-leave!!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Delta is ready when you are.

The Dakotas have some spectacular scenery (at least South Dakota does). The Black Hills and Mt Rushmore come to mind. If you were to look beyond the end of your nose you would see that every state in the Union has some historical or naturally redeeming attribute.
            If we're gonna be dicks about things how bout we kick everyone who can't take a joke (or joking thread in this case) out. Settle down dude, he wasn't saying he doesn't like it here.

With that being said I vote for North Dakota as well. Honestly, you say every state has redeeming qualities, I've been over this state multiple times by air (and general aviation, so its not as if I was high enough to miss anything) and I haven't seen anything worth while. I think we should get rid of North Dakota by selling it do Canada...if only we didn't have so many farms and produce so much food for the rest of the US . You know what is sad? There are more people in Rhode Island than in ND.....but there is a great flight school here (hence my being here).

Other states I'd say Socal (and all the celebrities that live there too). I mean, what's so great about celebrities. Oh wow, they're on TV, big freakin deal. They get paid a lot of money to do easy jobs....why does everyone care about their personal lives?

Texas can stay as long as they move north a bit, cause when I was down in Houston over the summer it was 114, that's just not right. We also dont need any more presidents from there for a while, I think we've had enough for a while.

Delaware can just kinda fall off into the Ocean, that way when my parents move back to MD I can be closer to the beach when I'm visiting. Honestly the "landscape" of Delaware reminds me a lot of North Dakota. Long flat fields, only in DE it doesn't get down to -20F in the winter...and they're on the water.

Thats it for now...I'm tired of typing

Comment

[quote="screaming_emu"]
              Airigami,

Texas can stay as long as they move north a bit, cause when I was down in Houston over the summer it was 114, that's just not right. We also dont need any more presidents from there for a while, I think we've had enough for a while.
              Actually Houston did not get much above 106 this year and that was just 1 day. Seriously though have been rasied most of my formative years in Minnesota (though I was born in Dallas), I too would not mind seeing a milder summer season but you all (or should I say 'ya'all ) can keep that crappy white stuff :P .

To Aigamai,

I lived in Brissie (New Farm) for about a year an a half and I loved it! QLD ROCKS...! Kind of a cross between TX, FL and a bit of So. Cal (Surfers Paradise) trown in.

Thomas

Comment

[quote="Braniffnut"][quote="screaming_emu"]
                Airigami,

Actually Houston did not get much above 106 this year and that was just 1 day. Seriously though have been rasied most of my formative years in Minnesota (though I was born in Dallas), I too would not mind seeing a milder summer season but you all (or should I say 'ya'all ) can keep that crappy white stuff :P .
                Thomas
                Well when we landed, our pilot said it was 114, but either way, it was still too damn hot. I thought I was going to burst into flames when I left the airport. Where in Minnesota did you live? I hate the weather up here but I actually look forward to snow. That nice layer of stratus clouds works as a blanket and its the only time that it really gets above 0F

Comment

MSP. I usually get up there and visit relatives during the holidays. I was up there last in May.

Thomas

Comment

Firstly, thank you, screaming_emu for your dose of reality.

OK, let's get started.
                    Funny how you being a foreigner judges my patriotism and ASSume I'm a conservative just for expressing MY point of view-which I am given the right through the 1st amendment. You know nothing about my political views.

This isn't a liberal/conservative issue-no matter how much you want it to be such.
                    Right, here's the deal - read what people write *carefully* before you criticize it. Firstly, you managed to totally misinterpret the aim of this thread (which, I might add, is a continuing problem despite myself and two other users at last count pointing this out to you). Secondly, you totally missed my point with the Franken quote - I was analogizing. Note that I altered the quote to make it more relevant. Hell, you could be Ralph Nader for all I know. This is not a liberal vs. conservative issue. This is a you not reading stuff properly and not having a sense of humour issue. (And, I might add, being xenophobic and just downright mean).

And why am I Gilligan? Just wondering.

So I asked my wife - have you ever seen a crazed liberal shouting obscenties to a brave veteran? She replies, "No, I can't say I have." But she continues, "but I have seen plenty of homeless veterans on the streets on my way to work each day. And homeless not just on any street, either. Only a block from the White House, no less." So if you want to talk about caring about our veterans, my wife gives them money, clean socks, toiletries and food. This administration lets them sleep out in the cold.

But a question is still left unanswered.
                    I DON'T think this nation is infalluable. Do we make mistakes? Of course we do. We've done it in the past, and we (hopefully) learn from them. We have made some terrible blunders. But we also have risen from a fledgling 13 colonies turned states to being a world superpower in roughly 170 years. (1776-1945). We (along with the British in the Euro theater, and Austalian forces in the South Pacific) defeated world Axis powers (Germany) in TWO world wars. WWII was probably the pivotal point in world history which set the course of currect world events for many years to follow. We've landed on the Moon successfully six times between 1969-1972, yet nearly lost the men on Apollo 13 in 1970.
                    Why should this stop me (or anybody for that matter) from making fun of New Jersey? Have you driven down the Jersey Turnpike lately?

Now go back to watching Springer where it appears you obtain your vast intellect and knowledge.
                    Having never seen an episode of Springer (although I did see Mr. Springer on CNN's Crossfire once) I can't really comment. I believe the Springer show is on television while I am at work (where, I might add, I pay a not insubstantial amount of tax to Uncle Sam).

I hope you recognize that immigrants are what made this country what it is. Unless you are a Native American, at some stage your family were immigrants to this country. Think about that.
                    AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Well, If i had the choice, I'd get rid of the Australian Capital Territory.
                      What's the point of that place anyway? It's a little state in the middle of New South Wales, the politicians work there, and the roads all go in circles.
                      I'm that star up in the sky, hey I made it, I'm the world's greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by ReachForTheStars
                        Well, If i had the choice, I'd get rid of the Australian Capital Territory.
                        What's the point of that place anyway? It's a little state in the middle of New South Wales, the politicians work there, and the roads all go in circles.
                        I think it's kind of funny hearing the other locations that were considered for the capital, ranging from Port Lincoln to Kingscote on Kangaroo Island (both in SA). I must admit that Canberra was a wierd choice. Although it pains me to say it, I think Melbourne would have been a better choice. At least Melbourne's streets don't make you dizzy!

What I want to know is when is NT going to become a state? Because the sooner NT becomes a state, the sooner I can cast it adrift!
                        AIRIGAMI.NET

Comment

Stop dissing Jersey! It’s actually a pretty cool place to live and I’m looking for an apartment over there right now.

Wellll…where do I start? I’d say North Dakota. I’m probably one of the few on this forum who have been there and it’s really just a useless waste of space with no redeeming quality.

Also, Delaware. Aside from being a corporate tax haven and having a party school, there’s nothing there! It doesn’t even have an airport.

I love California’s scenery, its weather and some of the cities, but the politics there are a mess and really embarrassing. Some of the types in Frisco need to get their head’s examined as well. I’d get rid of Cali’s politicians and their nutty left-wing contingent.

As for Texas, I like Texas politics, but the state is mostly barren and the cities are dumps. If you could combine California’s scenery and Texas politics, you’d have a pretty cool place, in my opinion. I’d keep Texan politics (for the most part), but get rid of the physical state itself.

Now, for Canada, where I grew up. This is easy; get rid of Quebec. My father’s from Quebec and I really love Montreal, but the province’s politics are an absolute disgrace and have really held back the province, and the whole country for that matter. Just imagine how far much better off Canada would be without Quebec or their transfer payments? It’s really a shame to see all that money and energy wasted to satisfy the spoiled baby.

My second choice would be Manitoba, which is just a frozen wasteland. And Winnipeg is the most depressing city I’ve ever been to in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
                            And Winnipeg is the most depressing city I’ve ever been to in North America.
                            Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

maybe we should make road island part of mass, dont you thinksorry I love making things big lol
                              frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

If you are casting Maine off you might as well do Vermont and New Hampshire too. We will take them into Canada because they act like Canadians anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X