No announcement yet.

Who has the best looking flag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote="planecrazy"]Germany is very cool and Saudi Arabia's Green with Arabic Calligraphy in White is very unusual.

Sorry but majority of the flags posted above suck, especially India's, not only does it have the most awful colour combination then they had to add the wheel to wreck it further, definitely not cool.

[quote]

What's so unique about Tibet's flag? There have been several more unique flags here...

Also, I find the Pakistani flag to be quite nice too. I agree; it doesn't look respectable in anyway, but it looks to be from a respectable counntry. I guess everything about it stands for Islam: the green, thr crescent, etc. However, I dont see why you have to bash India's flag. I can understand if you don't like it, but keep in mind that this is a global forum, and you may raise some people's blood a bit (I guess that's why I'm writing this!) The colors of the Indian flag actually stand for something more than religion. The saffron stands for courage, sacrifice and the spirit of renunciation; the white, for purity and truth; the green for faith and fertility.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, or disagree with you (not that I agree with you)...I guess I feel insulted since I'm from India. Talk about a bias!!

Comment

Sorry but majority of the flags posted above suck, especially India's, not only does it have the most awful colour combination then they had to add the wheel to wreck it further, definitely not cool.
      Wow!!!!! Talk about respect!
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by Flying High
        Colombia

Atlantico

Barranquilla

Colombia

Antioquia

Medellín

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy
          Germany is very cool and Saudi Arabia's Green with Arabic Calligraphy in White is very unusual.

Originally posted by ATLcenter
          However, I dont see why you have to bash India's flag. I can understand if you don't like it, but keep in mind that this is a global forum, and you may raise some people's blood a bit (I guess that's why I'm writing this!) The colors of the Indian flag actually stand for something more than religion. The saffron stands for courage, sacrifice and the spirit of renunciation; the white, for purity and truth; the green for faith and fertility.

I'm not trying to change your opinion, or disagree with you (not that I agree with you)...I guess I feel insulted since I'm from India. Talk about a bias!!
          I have to agree with ATLcenter on this! Please don't be disrespectful of other people's flag. I'm from India too and I take great pride in my flag!Everything in our flag means for something, and thats what I find beautiful! It shows our heritage and our culture. What may seem beautiful in one's eyes, may not be in another's, so please don't bash! Thats all i'm asking! Jai Hind!

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi
          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

This is one of the more beautiful ones I've seen. Props to you if you find out where it's from!

The UK, EU and Brazilian flags have already been posted, those are the ones I would otherwise have posted.

Comment

Pernambuco?

That was the cheapest guess possible, if you know what I mean...

Comment

Well, I guess I shouldn't have used Google to find a file with the name "Pernambuco"... Silly me. Anyway, my browser isn't displaying it anymore.

Comment

I prefer the simpler patterns, so I like:

1. Japan
                  2. Canada
                  3. United Kingdom

By the way, here's a page where all the flags of the world are represented:

~Gregory
                  ________
                  Voyeur Asian

Comment

I think Libya's is pretty simple, so you probably like it alot.

Comment

Comment

LOL , I also love Libyan flag,
                        as I love The Green Book!!!!!
                        and The Great Man Made River

The Best Flag for me is Saudi one of the oldest flags in the world

It looks really really cool on B777 and B747-SP and bad on MD-90
                        15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X