SAS Hosts In-Flight Gay Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAS Hosts In-Flight Gay Wedding

[QUOTE]Scandinavian airline SAS said Wednesday it plans to host the first-ever in-flight gay wedding in December, and is searching for a suitable couple to walk down the airplane aisle.[QUOTE]

I don't support gay weddings
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

It's just not rigth. I don't support gay weddings, I think it will turn people away from SAS.

Comment

Jan, I am not sure that your motivation for this thread is anything positive, especially given those emoticons. I have asked that this thread be deleted straightaway, and do not post something like this again. Shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by justLOT787 View Post
        It's just not rigth. I don't support gay weddings, I think it will turn people away from SAS.
        No offense to gay people, but you're right.
        It's a very very risky manoeuver on a very very sensitive subject...

This will turn too many people away from SAS, including myself
        Last edited by TUNISAIR745; 2010-09-01, 23:39. Reason: mistake

Comment

why was my first post deleted !!??

Comment

It's a sad statement but it is a reflection of the desperation of our soft economy. It's like any of the Disney stuff with gay days and such. Niche marketing pulls in big dollars. I did not understand why McDonald's was switching to a black vernacular using words like ... sammich .. and such but 90%l of their advertising is aimed now at Hispanic or Blacks; when I saw some numbers it was clear that the huge push paid off with huge gains made in the "ghetto trade" with lots of new restaurants.

Translation? I have "X" market sewn up so I can pursue "Y" but as a few noted, there is risk that you will suffer a loss in the mainstay. Can you effectively cherry pick with the airlines that only fly to a limited number of destinations where they have gate space?
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Gay marriage is legal in that part of the world, and if they're prepared to hold "straight" marriages on their aircraft then why not a gay one?

If you really don't want to fly with an airline because they're prepared to celebrate a part of their accepted culture, then that is very sad indeed.

This is a very positive move by an airline and will gain a lot of support. Good on them.

Comment

gay marriage or "normal" marriage, what is the difference? It's just the "celebration" of two people wanting to spent their live together because they love eachother, can't see any harm in that.

I did not know SAS was doing marriages at all, or any other airline doing marriages... Has an airline captain the same right as a ships captain to do marriages?

Comment

Originally posted by MCM View Post
                  If you really don't want to fly with an airline because they're prepared to celebrate a part of their accepted culture, then that is very sad indeed.

This is a very positive move by an airline and will gain a lot of support. Good on them.
                  I would be more careful in saying, that this is part of their/european/scandinavian/whatever culture. Maybe it is accepted by novadays laws, sorry, political correct law, but definetly not a culture. Let's see, that homo-weddings weren't observed in the past, it's new and extraordinary invention that didn't grown from any culture.

Comment

This is just a cheap publicity stunt from SAS. Had a gay couple asked to be married, it would be different. But that has not happened. SAS want to do a gay marriage, and are now looking for a suitable couple.
                    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Fair call, culture implies history which isn't accurate.

Modern culture perhaps.

Doesn't distract from the main point though - their society (through the government) has deemed it acceptable, and so the airline intends to celebrate the new-found right of its citizens.

Good on them.

Comment

I think it is certainly a very different concept. As a gay man myself, I am not an overly large fan of publicising my life. However we all take different paths in our lives, some of us will work for the government, some of us will work Scandinavian Airlines, some of us like me will tele sales advisors.

The point I’m getting at here is that, whichever we path we choose in life, that’s our choice, I may not like someone’s decision to work for the FSA for example. However it is not my place too comment or cause animosity, my place is too leave them to do what they feel is right.

Regardless of someone’s creed, colour, sexual orientation, I feel that they should be able to live normal and happy life in the way, any who is “nerotypical” in that particular cultur does. So why should a gay couple not be able to have a marrigae/civil partnership.

I try and live my life by “If it doesn’t concern me or is not going to change my day, leave it to be”. If we all adapted this attitude, what sort of a world would we live in. One free of bullying, abuse, cruelty, animosity and most importantly a world were no human feels inferior or superior too anyone else.

So the message here is, unless they make you sit on the aircraft with a shotgun too your head, let them do what they think is right. If they do hold a shotgun and force you onto the aircraft, that’s a different story, we’ll write the parable when we get too it.

Ryan

Comment

I think it is certainly a very different concept. As a gay man myself, I am not an overly large fan of publicising my life. However we all take different paths in our lives, some of us will work for the government, some of us will work Scandinavian Airlines, some of us like me will tele sales advisors.

The point I’m getting at here is that, whichever we path we choose in life, that’s our choice, I may not like someone’s decision to work for the FSA for example. However it is not my place too comment or cause animosity, my place is too leave them to do what they feel is right.

Regardless of someone’s creed, colour, sexual orientation, I feel that they should be able to live normal and happy life in the way, any who is “nerotypical” in that particular cultur does. So why should a gay couple not be able to have a marrigae/civil partnership.

I try and live my life by “If it doesn’t concern me or is not going to change my day, leave it to be”. If we all adapted this attitude, what sort of a world would we live in. One free of bullying, abuse, cruelty, animosity and most importantly a world were no human feels inferior or superior too anyone else.

So the message here is, unless they make you sit on the aircraft with a shotgun too your head, let them do what they think is right. If they do hold a shotgun and force you onto the aircraft, that’s a different story, we’ll write the parable when we get too it.

Ryan
                          Thats a damn good argument you got yourself there man.... Good on ya is all i can say

Comment

Marriage is between a Man and a Woman just my personal view! I say that 97% of our population will agree with me on that. And a lot of people will look differently at SAS for just that reason. Look every one has a free will and chooses a path in their life but some chooses are just bad. Like I’ve mentioned before I don't stand for homo weddings and most of us don't either. There is no love in gay it's only an illusion. This topic is very sensitive probably to a lot of people but it's a topic so we will discuss it. I also think that people need to find god in side their harts and pray because the world is getting worse each day. The media says that all this is okay but it's not.

Comment

I dont think you should categorize marriage to just Men&Women. In my personal opinion Marriage can be between anyone. Yes i do agreee with you on some points and as you said its anyone free will, they can do what they like.
                              I do see this as a publicity stunt in a way by SAS.

Also i would like to add that you "choose your words" carefully, as this topic can be sensitive to some people, and that you should discuss the gay marriage topic in the Off topic forum as this IS the Aviation Dsicussion forum.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X