No announcement yet.

SAS Hosts In-Flight Gay Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha because i dont think having a "celebratory" air-whorehouse would be very acceptable

Although your very welcome to host your own.....

Comment

Crazy Chicken, you sir or gal, would be the first I would invite.

If I was so inclined.

Not that there's anythingwrongwiththat.
      Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

and Guamainiac, you sir or gal....would be the first invitation i have ever recieved to an animal whorehouse :|

And yes actually there is something wrong with humans forcefully having sex with an animal

Comment

Enough is enough.....this has gone way past Aviation Discussion and is now moved to off topic.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
            MoBL - can you imagine how difficult gay pride marches make it for regular homosexuals to even acknowledge their sexuality? Not every homosexual man dresses up for Christopher Street Day and parades through the city. On the contrary.
            I don't know, how difficult it is, but maybe better for "regulars" and rest of the world will be without that's parades?

-- -- -- -- -- --
            Reffering to main subject of this topic, I will send an e-mail to that guy from Scandinavian SAS, and ask, if they could manage wedding ceremony for me and my beloved girlfriend Julia. In my "home-airport" EPGD every night stay CRJ9 or A319 SAS. Maybe better for wedding will be A340, but those small planes also could be

Comment

I would agree with the around 4% no way 10 % ...but that may include the over-lappers(BI sex).I was wondering when this would be moved to the OTF
              No prob with Gays at all at all (sure my Brother is Gay) and I still love him.Live your life to the FULL Boys and Girls but do not go over board and shove it in our faces and expect the other 90%+ to change some other sacred things like marriage status.Sure states should look after inheritance rights and medical next of kin situation issues between same sex couples.When the fore mentioned issues are sorted out in most countries the majority will be happy for all gays and then all can be happy in the knowledge that any chip on the shoulder issues will not be forced fed to us.
              Rant over

ps Glad to see maturity in not deleting this Thread

Comment

Dayum, there was me beginning to slowly think that the world was becomming a more tolerant and accepting place...but obviously not according to certain views in this thread. It's a huuuuuuge shame but those are your views and so be it.

To think this will stop people flying SAS is ludicrous. The airline simply isn't going to collapse from allowing gay marriages on board. They and many other airlines have much bigger concerns about their financial stability in the current economic climate. And to say you're going to stop flying SAS because of this is even more rediculous. So, next are you going to stop flying airlines because they employ gay cabin crew? That might just exclude you from one or two airlines

Why can't all people be equal?

Comment

This is a joke right? I wondering what century some of you live in...its not culture or personal preference thats the point. Who CARES what ANYONE does if its not negatively effecting anyone else? What business is it of mine?? I think all homophobes are obviously scared of something...their own latent desires perhaps?
                  No i'm not gay, but who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
                    Why can't all people be equal?
                    Because there are a lot of ignorant, narrow-minded people in this world. That's why. It's sad; it's extremely sad, but it's entirely true.

As for not flying SAS again because of this, see above text in italics.
                    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                      Because there are a lot of ignorant, narrow-minded people in this world. That's why. It's sad; it's extremely sad, but it's entirely true.

As for not flying SAS again because of this, see above text in italics.
                      True, so true. As for the OP, the 'extra' emoticons were deleted, and thus the reason for my first post make no sense, but twerps like that really annoy me, because they post this stuff ONLY to cause furor in these forum which should not have to be. There is an old saying "you hate most in others what you fear most in yourself". Let SAS do this, and have their day in the sun.

Comment

But whatever you do and whatever airline you may take:

Or not take?

Please, pretty please with sugar on top!

Maintain basic protocols and cockpit etiquette!

When it comes to order on the flight deck, you can hold your stick but you can't hold your friends stick.

Unless of course, you have permission; a note from your wife or significant other is required.

Thank you.

Comment

So, I have to ask - if you do not support gay marriage, will you also boycott every nation that allows it?

On another note - the same-sex marriages that are offered in many nations are not religious ceremonies. Sadly, those with most conservative values try to reconcile their views towards their religious/dogmatic practices, and homosexuality is not very well embraced by many religions. As much as I would like that to change, it's not going to happen overnight. Over the past 200 years, we have made marriage a social institution. Same-sex marriages are simply an extension of that change.

As for those that oppose 'gay pride parades' let's consider why members of the LGBT community participate in them. For so long, that part of our lives (our 'desires' and our 'choices' ) were taboo/criminal/immoral - and deemed so by the mainstream culture (a.k.a. the heterosexual community that formed the majority). That is what still empowers it. If the heterosexual embraced the LGBT community in a more willing manner (and as members of the LGBT community) become more and more accepted and/or normalized (and as the abuse of being an outsider is washed away), I believe that the need for gay-pride parades will likely diminish. I must admit, that had I been born perhaps 20 years earlier, and seen that which my forefathers (of the LGBT community) had seen, lived through, I would likely feel as if being 'out' would be a more major part of my life. I am very fortunate though to have had so many people (from both the Heterosexual and LGBT communities) pave the way for me to be who and what I am, openly and honestly. I, personally, do not feel the need to go to every Gay Pride parade, but I will say that threads like these show that htey are more than necessary. For so long, we have been an invisible minority - for so long, we have had to live in shame, and hiding. These parades serve us to remind ourselves of the past, to show those that are still waiting that there is a community that will be there when you come out, and also as a way for us to focus our energies and attentions towards the future.

That said - keep in mind, not every gay man goes to a gay pride parade and also, what other way can we, as members of the LGBT community, celebrate that part of ourselves?
                          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Actually, think about that. Would you have had "forefathers" if they were gay.

Not a moralistic inquiry but just a simple downside of that community. Something we would refer to as a simple "social fact".

Does true opposition come from people who are outraged with bible belt homophobia but does the political clout also come from the insurance industry? Look at the impact on insurance if you suddenly started having to start providing life, medical and dental insurance to all of the significant others not covered. A shift would also open the door to live in females (or males), who are not in a formal sanctioned/legally declared relationship. The insurance actuaries are quaking in their boots.

Let me leave you with one other off track thought? Gays in the military. If you were straight how would you feel sharing the shower with a man who is perhaps looking upon you with lust? This is an example from my "real life experience" after a fellow I knew declared himself as gay; it felt pretty odd.

Comment

Well, with gays in the military id suggest a good old cup of harden the fuck up.

Marriage, for centuries, was all about money, you married for financial benifit, the whole idea of marrying for love is a relatively new one. Its not a sacred tradition, but hey, gays cant love then can they?

And whats insurance got to do with this?
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                                Actually, think about that. Would you have had "forefathers" if they were gay.

Not a moralistic inquiry but just a simple downside of that community. Something we would refer to as a simple "social fact".

Does true opposition come from people who are outraged with bible belt homophobia but does the political clout also come from the insurance industry? Look at the impact on insurance if you suddenly started having to start providing life, medical and dental insurance to all of the significant others not covered. A shift would also open the door to live in females (or males), who are not in a formal sanctioned/legally declared relationship. The insurance actuaries are quaking in their boots.

Let me leave you with one other off track thought? Gays in the military. If you were straight how would you feel sharing the shower with a man who is perhaps looking upon you with lust? This is an example from my "real life experience" after a fellow I knew declared himself as gay; it felt pretty odd.
                                - I think your right man. As usual it comes down to money...
                                Gays in the Military is an interesting one...I worked 15 years as a defence civilian here in Australia. On the whole gays were accepted no problem outside the Infantry stream...But the infantry work SO much closer and need to be tight knit and trust one another. Anything that can get in the way of that (right or wrong) is balked at by the military. I totally understand and even agree with the sentiment. But one MUST be aware of the thousands of secretly gay men who have fought wars for us, and who have covered themselves and their country in glory. With anywhere up to 90% of riflemen deliberately missing their targets, gays are the least of the militray's problems!
                                I don't mind being perved at in the showers, but if theres any evidence of the perosn enjoying themselves too much then "hang on a minute!"

Comment

Working...
                                X