SAS Hosts In-Flight Gay Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam and eve not adam and steve.
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
      Adam and eve not adam and steve.

Just so ling as their IS an Adam and Eve...what does it matter about Steve?
      Sex for procreation needs a woman
      Sex for enjoyment needs no-one, just ask me

Comment

It was always kind of just academic. Back in the 60's I really never gave any thought to homosexuality. One of the guys I was not close friends with but worked with and liked, "declared" and was trying to get out. Sorry but in the tropics you shower a few times a day if you can and then it hit me that I think I'm getting eyed up? Now if I tried to go shower with the WAVES and the WAMS even today I would get tossed and who would question that? It's simply that looking perhaps at the women as "objects of desire" would be enough said. However, if a guy is looking at a guy as an "object of desire" and in an unwanted fashion I can't see how that is more acceptable.

Simpleboy, the insurance carriers look at every dime. An actuary is a very highly paid individual who is more of a statistical fortune teller and makes or breaks a company.

The rate you pay for say medical today is based on razor thin calculations. To take that pool and add even 2% more could put a company in ruin. Remember these are the guys who look into the future and set what you pay today based on what will happen tomorrow. Now, if you have "X" gay suddenly as in ...... WHAM ..... via court decree getting coverage the company is going to suffer a loss and the rate you pay tomorrow will reflect the loss and future costs. A few of my friends work for companies and they are very closed mouth about rates .... one is a certified Level 10 ... like black belt in insurance.

A certificate of marriage is not a 100% guarantee that the insureds are living together and for that matter where I worked we just had to do a whole re-documentation of our status or get dropped. People and some very high people were caught cheating. They were divorced and still carried a "spouse" on the policy. Turns out it was a huge mess and they are paying millions they should not be paying. Hey who is checking and I mean really checking?
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Luka, stop!

You are reminding me of the first time I had sex.

It was dark ...

And it was scary!

And I mean real, real scary.

And ...

and ....

I was all alone!

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
            Luka, stop!

You are reminding me of the first time I had sex.

It was dark ...

And it was scary!

And I mean real, real scary.

And ...

and ....

I was all alone!
            - Well that put a smile on my face for the first time today, thanks man.
            Yeah, i felt so wrong...didn't stop me though!

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
              Because there are a lot of ignorant, narrow-minded people in this world. That's why. It's sad; it's extremely sad, but it's entirely true.

As for not flying SAS again because of this, see above text in italics.
              Paul,
              It's about time someone took the cat fight out of this thread, well done for that.

Everyonelse,
              This is like the playground at school, just leave it be, unless they bully you into accepting the customs, it really is none of your buisness.

Let them be happy, we all deserve too be happy, to be honest for everyone to be happy it will upset the odd minority. But we should be wise and manture enough too overcome it. I don't like East Midlands Trains and their bullying, penny pinching polices, but as people have to a do the job to live and be happy, I don't openly support it, but I let them get on with there job.

This should be treated the same as anyone, irrespective or ANY personal 'defects', if you like. (This is the only word I could think of, as it certainly appears homosexuality is treated as a defect by alot of the opinions in this thread). Unless it is going to change your life/your day/your hour, turn the other cheek.

Again, you don't have to be on that plane, you need to be anywhere near the airport, it does not affect, treat it as such.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                Gays in the Military is an interesting one...I worked 15 years as a defence civilian here in Australia. On the whole gays were accepted no problem outside the Infantry stream...But the infantry work SO much closer and need to be tight knit and trust one another. Anything that can get in the way of that (right or wrong) is balked at by the military. I totally understand and even agree with the sentiment.
                What is the standard/stipulations for having relationships while in the Australian military? (I.E. Is it legal to engage in either sexual and/or romantic relationships with fellow servicemen while serving?) The reason I ask, is because here in the U.S. servicemen are not allowed to fraternize with other military officers while in service (IIRC, that is waived if the other person in the relationship is not on the same base, i.e. both parties are not in direct contact with each other). I think that if DADT is repealed, we will likely see that rule (of non-fraternization) upheld, and applied to all persons, thus still making relationships frowned upon.

Apart from that, if the mentioned scenario came about - where one man advances upon another in an unwanted fashion, said officer could (and likely with the passing of DADT, this will be strengthened and perhaps much more closely monitored/enforced) be investigated, and penalized for his actions, and/or including a court martial.

Now, on another note - some of my best friends are in the military. It's interesting to see how much we have changed over the years. When all of my closest friends left for Annapolis and West Point (and some to ROTCs around the nation), I remained still. It has always been a dream of mine, and just the other day, my best friend called me out on that. He asked why I did not choose to go to the Air Force Academy, and then after I remained silent, he realized why. I didn't want to live a half life. It sucks, because I often look back and think about that which I could have had. I am not saying that which I have now is not perhaps more beautiful and certainly of a greater truth, but I can't help but wonder how I could have prospered as an Officer and as a open and honest man. Personally, I do not flaunt my sexuality - it's defined by it's possessor, and I think that while it is a part of me, it is not all that I am. I would say that most gay men agree with that statement.

Just as a not to all - what you see at a Gay Pride parade is only a small segment of our population.

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                With anywhere up to 90% of riflemen deliberately missing their targets, gays are the least of the militray's problems!
                Please tell me that you are joking. Please tell you me that you are joking. Please?
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Oh, and one more note to all - can someone please explain to me why every time, and anywhere that there is a discussion of homosexuality - someone always compares it to bestiality. I guess, to idiotic heterosexuals, the two rival in their revolting nature. Perhaps, I can equate idiotic heterosexuals to something that is (to me) equally revolting in nature?

Comment

AA, bit quick on the trigger no?

I did not compare it to that. I used a real world example of a social phenomena AND it happens to be in one of the Scandinavian (SAS), get the connection.

Seems like you are adding a dot to make the connections where you deem appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                      AA, bit quick on the trigger no?

I did not compare it to that. I used a real world example of a social phenomena AND it happens to be in one of the Scandinavian (SAS), get the connection.

Seems like you are adding a dot to make the connections where you deem appropriate.
                      Ok. If you feel are offended by my statement, then I am apologize.

However I highly doubt that it was as random as you would like for me to believe. It's not by any stretch, an original argument/stretch/comparison. It is so often said and compared that it has becomes typical fodder of many of the homophones in this country (and many other nations around the world). Again, if I offend, I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                        What is the standard/stipulations for having relationships while in the Australian military? (I.E. Is it legal to engage in either sexual and/or romantic relationships with fellow servicemen while serving?) The reason I ask, is because here in the U.S. servicemen are not allowed to fraternize with other military officers while in service (IIRC, that is waived if the other person in the relationship is not on the same base, i.e. both parties are not in direct contact with each other). I think that if DADT is repealed, we will likely see that rule (of non-fraternization) upheld, and applied to all persons, thus still making relationships frowned upon.

- Its probably very similar to the British/American rules - No frat!

Please tell me that you are joking. Please tell you me that you are joking. Please?
                        - Thankfully i'm not! Man is NOT a natural born killer...even of animals (God luv us!)
                        The one in ten stat is the OLD stat...since WW2 backwards. The Military was aware but didn't take it seriously until Vietnam when they didn't have unlimited troops so had to get more out of each. They introduced some "techniques" that increased the rate to 30% or one in three was actually trying to tag their target. Today with modern technology the rate is up to around 70-80% The same techniques are creating entire societies that are increasingly pre-disposed to violence and find killing far more easier than ever before in our history...

Comment

There is a damned good reason for the non frat rules. We had one of our officers get into a lot of trouble for sitting at our table and buying drinks in a public restaurant one evening. My first reaction was that it wasn't fair. I was a kid then and see things a bit differently now. The DI's tended to beat the crap out of us too. They did it because they wanted us to survive, you can debate that all you want but after I saw the flight deck fire that had John McCain ... lord knows they wanted us to survive and the order came down to crack down. There were many, many mistakes made then that cost a lot of lives that day. I did not understand what happened to me till years later when I saw that flight deck film. If given a choice, serving in todays military where I have a little "You are encroaching on my space" card, or the knock down and tell me how "my momma" ... I prefer to survive, give me a tough DI. A bit wandering on the topic line but it is related.

Comment

Working...
                          X