Indian Commonwealth Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Commonwealth Games

Okay, its time for a little bit of good natured gloating...
    So far:
    1. Australia 64 Gold
    2. India 31 Gold
    3. England 28 Gold Ha!!! L - that L doesn't stand for Learner Driver either.
    4. Canada 23 Gold
    5. South Africa 12 Gold

And you all have bigger populations and economies than us (except maybe South Africa). WE ARE SPORTING CHAMPIONS...NO NO....GODS!

Northern Territory (200k people) 5 Gold (with the chance for two more) that would put the Northern Territory in 9th place!!

All things considered so far, the Indians are putting on a great show.

PS: Good Luck to the Chilaen miners today.

And then there's vegemite. I suppose, this is a little like winning the Special Olympics. Gold or no gold, you're still retarded.

Comment

That's cool.

Still doesn't make up for the fact that the kids I grew up shooting alongside of in archery beat the snot out of Australia. 8D

Comment

I thought it was the British Commonwealth Games, but it can be the Indian Commonwealth Games since we people from India have moved out of India into the other Commonwealth countries.....hahahahaha
        Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Well aren't we all shining examples of our respective countries? I was hoping for come-backs a little above pre-school level...i spose i'm beginning to realise how it is that its sooo easy to beat you mob.

-And then there's vegemite. I suppose, this is a little like winning the Special Olympics. Gold or no gold, you're still retarded.

Ahh vegemite, had some this morning, food of kings. Retarded champions. Whats your excuse?

-That's cool.

Still doesn't make up for the fact that the kids I grew up shooting alongside of in archery beat the snot out of Australia. 8D

Thanks. But archery? Your talking to an ex-bowhunter, what is archery?? Sights, stabilizers...stand there looking at the target for eons, and then let fly only a spits distance from the target...Girls game.

-I thought it was the British Commonwealth Games, but it can be the Indian Commonwealth Games since we people from India have moved out of India into the other Commonwealth countries.....hahahahaha

No, actually it was called the Empire Games, but hey, near enough is good enough for Indians! Pity you lot can't afford contraception...

Comment

Thanks. But archery? Your talking to an ex-bowhunter, what is archery?? Sights, stabilizers...stand there looking at the target for eons, and then let fly only a spits distance from the target...Girls game.

Unfortunately bowhunting with targets ranging at 30-50 meters =/= "olympic" archery where you're shooting up to 90 meters.

I'm also assuming that you're an ex-compound shooter who was never weaned off of his training wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
              Well aren't we all shining examples of our respective countries? I was hoping for come-backs a little above pre-school level....
              Well, if you're a true "shining example", I'll take that as a compliment

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post

Unfortunately bowhunting with targets ranging at 30-50 meters =/= "olympic" archery where you're shooting up to 90 meters.

I'm also assuming that you're an ex-compound shooter who was never weaned off of his training wheels.
                - 30-50 meters!?...You gunna get that close to a 200kg Razorback!? or a 350kg buffalo? Pffft! And no, i carried a bare BEAR re-curve, graphite shaft, satelite heads. Your targets don't try to rip you into five peices if you miss!
                Chip off the shoulder for second...Nice to talk to a fellow bowman (although i'm out these days).

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
                  Well, if you're a true "shining example", I'll take that as a compliment
                  I'm not an example of anything...except maybe annoyance.
                  A thorn in the side...

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                    No, actually it was called the Empire Games, but hey, near enough is good enough for Indians! Pity you lot can't afford contraception...
                    That sounds quite offensive to me to say the least.
                    TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

[quote=Luka;562858

No, actually it was called the Empire Games, but hey, near enough is good enough for Indians! Pity you lot can't afford contraception...[/quote]

When there was an "Empire" it was the "British Empire Games". And the 1st ones were in Hamilton, Ontario in 1930. They became the British Commonwealth Games in 1970 and the Commonwealth Games in 1978.

Now we are all educated.

From a disasterous start (facilities were not ready). I understand things improved quickly and they were pretty good.
                      Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343 View Post
                        That sounds quite offensive to me to say the least.
                        Then you must be the first Iro-portugese Indian I've ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
                          Then you must be the first Iro-portugese Indian I've ever heard of.
                          Wrong. I'm 100% Portuguese.
                          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Working...
                          X