This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Website!

Tell me what you think? It's a start! Yes, you cannot see my photos in full size but you can on flickr (not all are there though).
    It is also pretty good for me because people cannot steal my photos, but sucks not to see them in bigger.
    Comments and criticism appreciated!
    Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Finally a site where you can post your snapshots on. GFY
    Last edited by twagenknecht; 2010-10-29, 02:30.

Comment

Yes and no, I made this more for people to recognize me not for personal collection aircraft spotting pictures (well some).

Comment

I checked out your site. Some nice shots.
        Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

As a gallery site, it's quiet frankly hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
            Thanks you!
            Originally posted by ACheck View Post
            I checked out your site. Some nice shots.
            Thanks!

Comment

...compared to your site Ryan, which is......oh, sorry. There isn't one !!

He's 13 and trying hard. Cut him some slack.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                Thanks you!

Thanks!
                Glad to be able bring false hope to you.

Comment

I admire your enthusiasm Jan nice start.

Comment

Well, in the vein of giving actual constructive criticism, I'll just post my two cents;
                    For starters, I'm not going to say it's hideous; that's a term you use for sites like Yvette's Bridal Formal, however you might want to refrain from using so many contrasting and/or primary colors on the same page, i.e. the blue box behind the main page content and the buttons at the bottom of the screen. Red and blue are hard colors to merge together without them looking visually garish as it is.

I understand that the idea is to make things more visible, however with so many contrasts, it can create a visual eyesore. White and black are opposite colors/shades, so you need to try to offset the difference between the two, rather than add onto it. Try working with more harmonious colors; if you want to go with blue as a main color, then try adding more hues of blue or using colors that are close to blue on the color wheel.

The bottom three buttons; Main, Photographs, Photographs 2 also feel out of place; the rest of the portfolio is matte, while these three are shiny and have dimension to them. For the sake of uniformity, these should be the same as the Home, Portfolio, About, and Contact buttons, albeit their purpose is a little redundant; you don't need to have two links leading back to your homepage on the same page and the two photography pages could really just be merged into the portfolio section.

Layout and organization is also key. You don't need to have your personal profile on every page; it defeats the purpose of the About section. An issue you might also face with having your links bar at the bottom, is that anyone who is using a machine with a low vertical resolution is now going to have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to navigate your site. Granted, this isn't a serious problem, but rather something you should just keep in mind. The portfolio page also feels misleading in the regard that you're presented with three large thumbnails which have nothing to do with what each page is containing. Usually, you'll want to organize your portfolio into either rudimentary categories; people/portraits, wildlife/nature, urban, or into none at all and have it simply lead into a gallery page of your favorite shots. That way its there, and its easy for anyone to navigate.

I guess maybe my biggest word of advice to you, is to maybe learn how to build your own site and invest in a decent webhost[ Xepher.net offers free, unlimited, and advertisement free webspace with support for all scripts]. If you own Photoshop or even any imaging program[I used MS paint years and years ago], you can play around with different layout ideas and find which one you like best. This way, you can create something that is entirely personal to you and your photography and doesn't feel as though it were created with a default site builder.

All in all, it's not bad at all for a first attempt and your photos really made it worthwhile to scrutinize. Keep it up!

Comment

Glad to be able bring false hope to you.
                      That's just wrong!

Good start Jan.

Btw over the past 8-9 months I have seen the enitre B&H store on your signature

So finally what equipment have you settled for?

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
                        For starters, I'm not going to say it's hideous; that's a term you use for sites like Yvette's Bridal Formal,
                        WTF, that site should come with an epilepsy warning! Did you make that yourself as an example of just how shitty a site can be, or is this a serious site?
                        Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by yash777 View Post
                          That's just wrong!

Good start Jan.

Btw over the past 8-9 months I have seen the enitre B&H store on your signature

So finally what equipment have you settled for?
                          We will all see in the time being....

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
                            WTF, that site should come with an epilepsy warning! Did you make that yourself as an example of just how shitty a site can be, or is this a serious site?
                            Unfortunately, I can't lay claim to making that atrocity.
                            But it is indeed a serious site for a very serious bridal boutique.
                            I thiiink the story behind it is that the owner/operator just let her son go nuts with it and as such, it's actually brought them more clientele because of basic curiosity in regards to the website.

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                              We will all see in the time being....
                              Weak comeback

Comment

Working...
                              X