Cheap Universities!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Universities!!!

Why the Universities in Canada and Malaysia are cheaper than other countries? even India!!!!

Are the Universities good????? I mean the Education Quality

Is the life in Malasyia and Canada also cheap??!!
    15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

What about US or Sdaui A.?

Comment

Canadian Universities receive more subsidies from the government than those of the United States, ergo they're less expensive. Here in Germany, Universities are FREE.

As for the quality of education, Canadian and German U's are well respected around the world, and their graduates in high demand. American companies very often try to draw Canadian graduates to come work for them, even though there's no shortage of qualified American applicants. Not really sure why, but I guess it's because of the old phrase "An expert is someone with the same education and qualifications, but from a different country".

Comment

AC-A340-500 has it right. Our tax dollars subsidize post secondary education (not as much as they like). There are also scholarships for those who don't have the financial backing. Native Canadians do not have to pay to go to uni or college.

Comment

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
          Canadian Universities receive more subsidies from the government than those of the United States, ergo they're less expensive. Here in Germany, Universities are FREE.
          Oh my. Brain washed.....

So, if you pay taxes out your ass to the government, then the government gives some of that money to the school that you pay tuition to, that makes it cheaper? Wow. What a concept.

Comment

Originally posted by AC_A340-500

As for the quality of education, Canadian and German U's are well respected around the world, and their graduates in high demand. American companies very often try to draw Canadian graduates to come work for them, even though there's no shortage of qualified American applicants. Not really sure why, but I guess it's because of the old phrase "An expert is someone with the same education and qualifications, but from a different country".
            That is not true at all and I am in a position to know this. I have a degree from a Canadian university and I was not recruited to work in the US nor have I been treated special because of my Canadian degree (worse, if anything). A lot of American companies won’t even recognize degrees from Canadian schools. And I am unaware of any movement down here to draw Canadian graduates.

Hell, when I graduated from college, a lot of companies in Toronto never took my U of A degree seriously.

If Canadian graduates are really in that high demand, then why are so many unemployed or working at places like McDonalds? Times have changed now and even a university degree isn’t a guarantee for a job anymore.

This is not a knock on Canadian schools (I don't think the quality of university education in Canada is any worse than schools down here), but I have not seen anything to back up your statement.

On the topic university costs, state schools here are publicly funded and are quite affordable and some give outstanding education (the University of California being an example). But If you are a foreign student, you’re not going to pay the same rate as someone who is a state resident in the US or Canada. Not sure how it goes in the EU though.

Comment

SV:

About cost of living: I don't know where you're from, so I can't compare. But Malaysia has a very cheap cost of living; Canada is more expensive. I don't think Canada is an outrageously expensive place to live though, compared to the EU or East Asia. Actually, it's cheap compared to those places.

Comment

AC_A340-500 wrote:

JeffinDEN wrote:

Oh my. Brain washed.....

So, if you pay taxes out your ass to the government, then the government gives some of that money to the school that you pay tuition to, that makes it cheaper? Wow. What a concept.

Jeff you're being silly again. I’m a fiscal conservative, probably even by your standards. Where on earth did you read that I was happy about my tax dollars (Euros) going into public services?!? Was it because I capitalized the word "FREE"?
                In fact the free post-secondary education in Germany is one of my biggest criticisms of the system here. How ironic that someone accused me of supporting it.

Man, not only are you damn good looking, but you also possess a very vivid imagination. Try not to read too much into what people type in three lines. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but alas it’s probably easier to call other people “brainwashed” than to stick to the facts.

Comment

iceman WROTE:
                  Hell, when I graduated from college, a lot of companies in Toronto never took my U of A degree seriously.

If Canadian graduates are really in that high demand, then why are so many unemployed or working at places like McDonalds? Times have changed now and even a university degree isn’t a guarantee for a job anymore.

Now I really feel afraid from my Future!!!!! We just need Luck in this life.
                  The Manager of GE has MBA and others who has MBA are working in McDonalds!!!

In this case is Uni In Malaysia are better pls take a look at this two Uni's:

A Premier Digital Tech University and being a trendsetter of the private higher learning provider in Malaysia, we are steadfast in preparing our graduates for leadership roles in their respective disciplines and professions world wide.

In Malaysia Uni are betwen 1300 and 2990 US$ per Year! Homestay is just 50 to 60US$ per month!!!

In Saudi Arabia there are 8 Uni each one has every this Double one for male and one for female and The Saudi Gov give every student btween 219 and 266 US$ Monthly!!! most of them spend it on Mobile Phones!

Now I really don't know where to go or what to do! every year 1000's graduated to the street!!!! I always want to be a pilot but there are 300 Saudi Pilots without jobs

Any way if I turn to be a poor I'll Suicide!!!!!
                  15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

iceman wrote:
                    That is not true at all and I am in a position to know this. I have a degree from a Canadian university and I was not recruited to work in the US nor have I been treated special because of my Canadian degree (worse, if anything). A lot of American companies won’t even recognize degrees from Canadian schools. And I am unaware of any movement down here to draw Canadian graduates.

This is not a knock on Canadian schools (I don't think the quality of university education in Canada is any worse than schools down here), but I have not seen anything to back up your statement.

On the topic university costs, state schools here are publicly funded and are quite affordable and some give outstanding education (the University of California being an example). But If you are a foreign student, you’re not going to pay the same rate as someone who is a state resident in the US or Canada. Not sure how it goes in the EU though.
                    I figured that I would get a rise out of you. The recruitment of Canadian grads by American companies is primarily in the medical and health care sector, engineering, computing sciences and in some areas of the natural sciences. Wasn't talking about a mass Exodus or anything, but it did make headlines in Canada for a number of years. I think it was referred to as "Brain Drain" or something.

Comment

I am working in the healthcare sector again. Recruitment in the medical field is due to a critical shortage of nurses and other medical professionals. Because of budget cuts in the Canadian healthcare system the last ten years, many nurses and other medical staff were laid-off or had their salaries slashed, so there were plenty looking for work. The shortage is so bad here that they’re even recruiting nurses from the Philippines. Actually, almost all the nurses in New York City are Filipino.

As far as engineering and computers goes, the IT industry is dead now and absolutely nobody is looking to hire in North America. My brother (a fellow U of A grad – computer science) finally found some dead-end tech job after almost two years of searching after graduation. He said there wasn’t much on the U of A campus from US companies.

Yeah, I know it’s made the headlines. Hell, I’m part of this “brain drain” myself (as are you) and I even got an interview with the Edmonton Journal because of it (my friend’s father is a journalist with them, that’s why – connections, connections…heh heh heh). But I think the media has framed this issue a lot differently than reality.

I am in no way saying that you will get a bad education in Canada. Actually, I don’t think it matters where you go in North America for your undergrad because the quality of post-secondary education in both countries is about equal. But to suggest that companies recruit candidates because of a Canadian degree is not true. Companies are going to select the best employee for them. It also helped that there was a critical shortage of those positions maybe 3-4 years ago. Aside from the healthcare industry, you absolutely cannot say the same thing today.

SV:

I know it is difficult to imagine, but you have to keep up the faith, my friend. I don’t think that things will stay as bad as they are now for a long period of time. In fact, I see things picking up (they already are here). You are still young have a bright future ahead of you. No need to worry about it just yet. Try to relax and enjoy these years because they will be the best time of your life! Life because much more difficult after you finish school. Just enjoy this time while you can!

Comment

Working...
                      X