Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD Stuck !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CD Stuck !

    Greetings all, been i while since i've posted. I got a issue with the CD player in my car, i drive a Volkswagen Golf 5 and for two months the cd has been stuck, i am trying not to take it to the shop because those guys will take a load of money! Anyone know how to get it out? Help would be much appreciated !
    BH Airlines A319


  • #2
    I have the opposite problem with my VW. It just decided to stop playing CD's.
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

    Comment


    • #3
      Would help if you told us the model of radio you got.

      If it's a RNS510, leave your car unlocked for a night or two. The local thieves guild will no doubt solve your problem. That radio set is very popular yet very easy to steal. So much so that some car magazines even recommend not taking that radio model! (rant over)
      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

      Don't make me use uppercase...

      Comment


      • #4
        Knowing absolutely nothing about VW's, but having some experience with locked up CD's in computers. Check to see if there is a tiny hole in the front of the radio the size of a paper clip. Unwind a paper clip, power on, poke in hole, see if it releases.

        Another possibility is pull the negative battery cable and then replace it. Sometimes components reset - once power is reapplied. The CD may just pop out.

        Odds are I'm off my rocker, but since you're not getting anywhere, at least worth a look.

        Good luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
          Would help if you told us the model of radio you got.

          If it's a RNS510, leave your car unlocked for a night or two. The local thieves guild will no doubt solve your problem. That radio set is very popular yet very easy to steal. So much so that some car magazines even recommend not taking that radio model! (rant over)

          Hehe well it's built in so i'm not sure how it would look if two guys were running down a street with a dash board ,

          11Fan: Yeah i've been searching for something like that but cannot seem to be able to find it anywhere
          BH Airlines A319

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic View Post
            Hehe well it's built in so i'm not sure how it would look if two guys were running down a street with a dash board
            Takes them three minutes to take out the radio, and they don't even need to damage the dashboard either. The whole radio/satnav is one set that's kept in the car by 3 or 4 tiny screws.



            Edited to add something usefull:

            Found this on another site with 5 possible solutions.

            1. Turn radio off. With ignition off, press the pwr and eject buttons and hold for 7 seconds.

            2. No go? Then try the same with the ignition on.

            3. Nothing? With the radio on try to 'bump' the stuck CD with another CD. Careful not to scratch one of em'

            4. Still stuck? Look around on the radio for a small hole that looks like a pin or paperclip might fit in. We're looking for a reset button, but not all radio's have one. If you do locate it press and hold for like 10 seconds. Or look in the owners manual if the radio has a reset button

            5. Really? Go to the fuse box near drivers door dash and pull the fuse for the radio for a minute or two. Check the owners manual for the location, and if there's more than one radio fuse.

            Hope one of these work. Last effort would be to try to extract the CD carefully with tweezers,but good luck with that
            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

            Don't make me use uppercase...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
              Takes them three minutes to take out the radio, and they don't even need to damage the dashboard either. The whole radio/satnav is one set that's kept in the car by 3 or 4 tiny screws.



              Edited to add something usefull:

              Found this on another site with 5 possible solutions.

              1. Turn radio off. With ignition off, press the pwr and eject buttons and hold for 7 seconds.

              2. No go? Then try the same with the ignition on.

              3. Nothing? With the radio on try to 'bump' the stuck CD with another CD. Careful not to scratch one of em'

              4. Still stuck? Look around on the radio for a small hole that looks like a pin or paperclip might fit in. We're looking for a reset button, but not all radio's have one. If you do locate it press and hold for like 10 seconds. Or look in the owners manual if the radio has a reset button

              5. Really? Go to the fuse box near drivers door dash and pull the fuse for the radio for a minute or two. Check the owners manual for the location, and if there's more than one radio fuse.

              Hope one of these work. Last effort would be to try to extract the CD carefully with tweezers,but good luck with that
              Well thank you, i'm gonna go and try it out.
              BH Airlines A319

              Comment

              Working...
              X