0%
    No way, telemarketers should have the right to call me during dinner
    0%
    I don't get calls
    0%

I'm on it

Comment

We're on it three times....

I found the site, and showed to my sister and dad, and four days later, they both told me they had registered my family on the list. Then I told them I had done so too...

I'm glad I don't have to be bugged by another telemarketer. What are their success rates, like 1 in every 100000 called? I can imagine it already:

Telemarketer: Hey, this is Myproducts calling. We have an exceptional new product out on the line that will make you more handsome.
      Guy (naturally, he's eating dinner!): Really?
      T: Yeah, they're granulated, crystalized sugar cane juice pills. You take one in the morning, and there you go!
      G: Isn't that just sugar?
      T: Yes, but at 19.99 for a bottle of 25 tablets, its a steal! That's less than a Dollar per pill!
      G: But...I can get the same thing on the supermarket for much less...why would I want to buy some fake pills?

---------dial tone---------

Honestly, It's bothered me enough!

Comment

I don't worry about it. My home phone is just a computer line, so if they call that it will either just ring or get a busy signal. If they get my cell number, I just hang up. I must be nice having a job listening to busy signals or phones ringing all day long! I wish I had that type time to waste!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg J.
          I must be nice having a job listening to busy signals or phones ringing all day long! I wish I had that type time to waste!
          Greg, I have delt with some of the engineering of those systems, the equipment does not connect the call to an agent unless it "hears" you on the other end. When a machine answers, it knows, and moves on to another number. Some of that stuff can dial thousands of numbers a minute as well, and the success rate is a lot higher then you imagine.

I'm on it!

Comment

I personally wouldn't want to be put on the no call list just for the simple fact that I like raising hell and screwing with the telemarketers minds. I'm evil I swear But honestly who doesn't like messing with them just a tad bit.

Comment

I hate telemarketers as much as the next guy and I would probably never buy anything off them. They annoy me. However, if this no-call list actually goes through and becomes a reality ALOT of people are going to lose their jobs. The industry employs hundreds of thousands of people and a no-call list will have massive repercussions for the people who make their living off it. Try and think about this when thinking about this list.
              Earl From Regina

Comment

Originally posted by Myblock
                However, if this no-call list actually goes through and becomes a reality ALOT of people are going to lose their jobs. The industry employs hundreds of thousands of people and a no-call list will have massive repercussions for the people who make their living off it.
                That may be true, but the way I see it if you take a job where your duties primarily consist of annoying people in their homes and invading their privacy then you deserve to lose your job. The fact that 51 million people signed up for this service in less than 2 months, including a number of owners of telemarketing companies, pretty much shows that the American people do not want to be bothered by this service. Name any other issue that got 51 million people behind it in such a short time. The public has voted by putting their numbers on the list and a lot more people have said no than will lose their jobs.

Not to mention that the trend in telemarketing was to take jobs out of America and put call centers in places like India. If people from India want jobs as telemarketers let them call people in their own country. If a telemarketer wants the right to invade my privacy here in the USA they should at least have the decency to employ Americans to do so. We don't need any more jobs sent offshore. I have no sympathy for anyone involved in this industry.

Comment

Working...
                X