Earthquake 2.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake 2.0!

Seriously planet earth, this is getting fucking old.

We've had sewage come backwards through our toilets, im hearing siren after siren, the hospital has been (partially) evacuated, The city has run out of ambulances. You cant call or text anyone to save yourself. Reports of buses being crushed by collapsing buildings.

Rather gay if i say so myself.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Earthquakes suck. My thoughts to all of you in NZ, looks pretty bad. Stay safe!

Comment

The snow is getting f***ing old.

Is there really cats and dogs being eaten by sharks and alligators swiming in the streets?
      August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
        The snow is getting f***ing old.
        I'm sorry, i dont think its even close to what we're going through right now.
        Sam Rudge

Comment

I know that, I was just throwing that in there.

Comment

An Update

An update on the situation here, almost 72 hours after the quake/aftershock/whatever you want to call it.

103 confirmed dead, 200+ still missing
            Power is still not back on to approximately 50,000 people,
            Water is still not back on to approximately 200,000 people,
            Sewage system is broken in many places, people with water are urged not to use toilets and not to shower.

Bathrooms in our place tend to be rather smelley with the waste water not working properly all the time. While we have water, we're told to boil it for at least 3 minutes, and from my experiences yesterday, thats not long enough sometimes.

Criminals are having a field day, some posing as engineers to case out buildings they can rob at a later date. Emergency power generators providing electricity to phone relay stations have been stolen. Some people need to be locked up and the key thrown away.

Some key stories and pictures from around town are below.

Christchurch earthquake: Doctor uses hacksaw in amputation"

Christchurch earthquake: Burglars add to family's misery
            Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

Christchurch earthquake: Sister lay trapped with dead brother
            A woman found beneath the rubble of a building held her dead brother's hand as she cried out for help from under the debris - and her heart-wrenching cries prompted rescuers to carry on digging until they freed him.

Police warning: Watch out for bogus officials

Cathedral will be rebuilt - Parker

Christchurch earthquake: Hotel Grand Chancellor on verge of collapse
            Latest breaking news articles, photos, video, blogs, reviews, analysis, opinion and reader comment from New Zealand and around the World - NZ Herald

Some pictures from around town and such from various sources.

Explanation for this one, a large rock on the hills behind where photo was taken fell down the hill completely travelling through the house.

And the quakes wiki page

And the September quakes wiki page,

So yeah, like i say, this is getting fucking old and if anyone wants to bitch about a little snow, freaking come here and trade places with me.
            Sam Rudge

Comment

I don't think earth is doing it to be 'new', I mean if you're a planet, your options are kinda limited

Comment

also on an aviation note, ATS radar centre had to be evacuated and something you almost never see - all airbourne aircraft in the country had to maintain their own separation using TIBA

Comment

Jeez dude I was just saying something.... I didnt say it to be serious!! Not to be rude, but its not "a little snow"(yeah I know im gonna probably get bombarded)

Comment

Having been through Katrina in 2005, there is no way to grasp the magnitude of this kind of disaster until you've stood in it. No matter how much footage or how many photos you see, it can't be absorbed until you're in the middle of it. Sympathies for all the dead and injured, and to all that may have survived but lost everything in the rubble.

Comment

Well, over a week on, and the death toll has continued to rise, while there havent been any more survivors pulled from buildings things are starting to look up. Rolleston's water supply has been deemed safe to drink and shower in, the sewage system where i live has been deemed ok for occasional use, however, somethign a friend came across on facebook i found rather amusing. (many of you prolly wont get it but hey, Living through two major earthquakes in 6 months kinda warps your sense of humour)

You know you're from CHCH when.........

1. You use the term "liquefaction" and "seismic design" in casual conversation.
                      2. Digging a hole and pooping in your garden is no longer weird.
                      3. Your mayor describes the city as munted.
                      4. Weaving through car size potholes on the street is no longer weird
                      5. Going to Wellington to escape earthquakes makes sense
                      6. A shower is heaven
                      7. You have a preference of which kind of silt you'd rather shovel, dry or wet
                      8. You see tanks driving around town
                      9. You are always noting what you are under
                      10. Due to frequent aftershocks during the night, you sleep like a baby--every 10 minutes you wake up and sh*t yourself
                      Sam Rudge

Comment

Working...
                      X