Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite browser

Hi,

I know that there was a poll about the same question in 2005 already, but maybe things have changed...

As you might know I am also designing websites as a hobby and therefore would like to know what is the most used browser in order to adapt my website accordingly, as otherwise I don't know how to get compatibility with the most browsers available.

Thank you very much for taking part in this poll!

Greets,
    Patrick
    Internet Explorer 4-7
    0.00%
    Internet Explorer 8-9
    11.76%
    Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -current
    35.29%
    Apple Safari
    11.76%
    Opera
    5.88%
    Google Chrome
    35.29%
    Netscape Navigator
    0.00%
    Other
    0.00%
    Last edited by ALPHA320; 2011-04-26, 00:21. Reason: Oh, just saw I incidently checked "public poll" - Is there a way to get it unchecked again? Sorry.

Chrome hands down.

Firefox has been giving me a lot of problems. Hangs a lot!

Comment

Thank you guys!
      Didn't expect Chrome to be that popular, but indeed it seems to be the fastest. Those adaptions shouldn't be problem, if there are any at all.

Greets,
      Patrick

Comment

I use Opera, because it is installed on my smartphone and on my computers at home and office. Easy to synchronize and handle, while IE doesn't play a large role on all of my computers.

get FRA spotting informations here:
        www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

I use Google Chrome for well over 95% of my web browsing (the rest split between firefox and safari). I really like the way the search bar and address bar have been combined, it looks really nice (loads of skins that can be downloaded to change the appearance, it is really fast, each tab is a separate process so if one tab freezes that tab can be closed with windows task manager while the other tabs are unaffected, if you computer freezes all previously open tabs can be restored when the program is started again. On the downside an ever diminishing proportion of websites don't support it and after using Chrome its difficult to get used to using other browsers.

In my opinion:
          Firefox = better than Internet explorer, lots of addons for it, really fast.
          Internet explorer = slow, doesn't look very appealing and its a Microsoft product
          Safari = graphically very pleasing, has a cool top sites page, has a really useful reader function, slow but faster than Internet Explorer
          Airbus A340: Longer * Larger * Farther * Faster * Higher * Quieter * Smoother

Comment

Tried Chrome @ work and didn't really like it that much. Also not a Google fan.

I mostly use FireFox for browsing since I have Ad-Block Plus and NoScript installed on it. On some work related sites, I use IE since they don't seem to like FireFox (or Chrome).

Comment

I use Chrome on my phone, Firefox is my primary browser on both my PC and laptop, with IE as a back-up for opening pages that refuse to work for me in either FF or Chrome. i.e. Discovery Channel Online.

I've yet to see or experience anything that would lead me to believe that Chrome would be worth switching over from FF- it seems to pretty much do the exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
              X